23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post Reply
Steely Dan
All State
Posts: 3918
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:58 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Steely Dan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:02 pm

Thereddragin wrote:
formerfcfan wrote:
Thereddragin wrote:Wow the radio announcers on 100.9 are absolutely unprofessional the one guy just said the coach for Newark Catholic probably doesn't even know the names of half of his team... SMH
Haven't you heard? Political correctness is going away!
I'm ok with not being PC, being ignorant is something different...
Agree. Not one of their better broadcast, by a long stretch. I hope that the radio station management take a moment to reflect upon how their product is being represented and maybe rethink who they put on air.


Doing someone else's Dirty Work....

User avatar
Runner
All State
Posts: 2980
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:25 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Runner » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:31 pm

Newark Catholic being the winner was expected, but not by that much. Fort Frye was just flat tonight. Not much penetration getting into the Green wave backfield and they could keep NC out of theirs. For those that said there would be a running clock....good call!

Fort Frye will be graduating either 16 or 17 players this school year.

bbn77
Varsity Backup
Posts: 794
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:24 am
Location: Chesapeake

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by bbn77 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:54 pm

Congrats to the Cadets on a fine season
ROLL PEAKE

LICKING COUNTY FAN
Purple Hippo
Posts: 28955
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:03 pm

I did not see the blowout/running clock coming, though I did say N.C. would be hard to beat if things kept going in the direction they had been in the playoffs.

Congrats to F.F. on a very solid season and good luck to N.C.next week, when you will see the best team, you have seen in the playoffs.

Raider6309
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 5240
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Raider6309 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:05 pm

#9 for NC was really good

bman
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1962
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by bman » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:32 pm

First, I've never been to Fort Frye, nor do I have any rooting interest in the game.

But this is another reason why competitive balance is being implemented next season. Newark Catholic draws kids from across a growing and more suburban county and gets to compete in Division VI against tiny rural schools. It's not their fault, the blame is squarely with the OHSAA, but hopefully competitive balance is the first step toward getting it fixed.

Newark Catholic would still have a quality academic and athletic program competing in Division V. Hopefully the eventual competitive balance formula will push privates like NC and open enrollment publics like Africentric up a division.

User avatar
The Oaf
2nd Team All State
Posts: 2496
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:05 am
Location: Up in da boof

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by The Oaf » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:35 pm

The Oaf wrote:
bbtrucking.inc wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Lmfao! :lol: :lol: I have read your tripe filled reply 3 times now and still have absolutely no idea what point you're trying to make. I'm completely stunned at how laughably inept someone would have to be to author this garble! This is amazing! Please keep it coming! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, well I am having much more of a ball than you in this conversation.For the fact that I know you are trying your best not to be roasted by using very large and confusing words in your post(such as capacity and ascertain, when as ability and understand would have worked fine)and my point is that you have no point in arguing just because you know you are wrong.You have no need to say more, for I no longer care what intricate argument you will come up with in response to this post.
I'm really sorry you're confused, that was not my intention. You just make sure you're on here in 12 hours. A little humility will do you good. 8-)
Come get your crow, it's getting cold and chewy..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

EasternDspy
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 9999
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by EasternDspy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:37 pm

Awesome year boys.


Crow for me.

User avatar
The Oaf
2nd Team All State
Posts: 2496
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:05 am
Location: Up in da boof

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by The Oaf » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:55 am

EasternDspy wrote:
Rastus wrote:NC's win over a 4 win Licking Valley team holds more sway than ANY win on Fort Frye's schedule, if opponents are any indication, this one will be over at halftime

Makes no sense at all!! Fort Frye would beat Bellaire and Bellaire only lost 21-20 to NC.
No Frye wouldn't beat Bellaire. Lol in fact 7 of NC's 10 teams on their schedule would hang running clocks on the Cadets, as would Bishop Ready.
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

User avatar
The Oaf
2nd Team All State
Posts: 2496
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:05 am
Location: Up in da boof

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by The Oaf » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:59 am

EasternDspy wrote:Awesome year boys.


Crow for me.
Lots and lots of crow for you to be certain. You had some very mind numbing posts the last couple of days. But the center piece of this crow fest belongs to BBtrucking.inc :lol: That kid better have a hearty appetite! (Not that he'll ever show his face) 8-)
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

Greenwave
Waterboy
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:31 am

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Greenwave » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:21 am

Nc already moved up a division we were in division 6 by 2 boys. I don't think we will move to d5 and there are small rual kids in d5 Nelsonville , wheelersburg coshocton.
Any time we win we get this same tired response from some posters . Small towns like Johnstown and heath had no problem with us.

bman
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1962
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by bman » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:05 am

Greenwave wrote:Nc already moved up a division we were in division 6 by 2 boys. I don't think we will move to d5 and there are small rual kids in d5 Nelsonville , wheelersburg coshocton.
Any time we win we get this same tired response from some posters . Small towns like Johnstown and heath had no problem with us.
Of course you don't mind drawing kids from across a growing suburban county. It's an advantage over most D6 schools who are made up of homegrown kids. There is no problem with it, but it should be accounted for with moving schools like Newark Catholic or public versions like Africentric up a division to put them against similar type programs. Both programs I'm using as examples would still be pretty successful, but not as dominant with their advantage more neutralized.

Johnstown and Heath don't complain because they are bigger schools than NC and thus more able to compete with them. There is a reason why NC went 6-4 in a league with schools more like them.

Stan_Marsh
JV Backup
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Stan_Marsh » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:29 am

Can this not turn into one of those forums where we find every excuse we can as to why Newark Catholic is in the final 4. I was pulling for Fort Frye too last night as many were, but it didn't happen and after the drive where Fort stalled around NCs 20 in the first quarter there was officially no looking back. Very physical game I enjoyed that aspect of it, NC had a clear speed advantage and an all around advantage when it came to the trenches. Competitive balance is not the answer either, the only potential "answer" would be plain and simple if public and private were split up. That's not how it's going to happen and probably never will and I see C.B. Just causing more problems.

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOP HOF
Posts: 20640
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:48 am

GREAT YEAR FORT FRYE
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

LICKING COUNTY FAN
Purple Hippo
Posts: 28955
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:54 am

EasternDspy wrote:This will be the 3rd straight game the Cadets will have a size advantage. Last 2 teams Barnesville and Centerburg kinda abandoned the run and went pass heavy and the DBs stepped up.

Like I said this would not be as much as a factor as first thought.

ArmChairQB
JV Backup
Posts: 318
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:11 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by ArmChairQB » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:59 am

The OHSAA needs to split the Public and Private schiols . 5 Divisions of public and 2 private. And if the privates don't like it - kick them out if the OHSAA!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
Purple Hippo
Posts: 28955
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:04 am

How about the open enrollment public schools?

With that line of thinking shouldn't they have their own playoffs too.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
Purple Hippo
Posts: 28955
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:05 am

I have found two Fort Frye rosters (maxpreps and hudl) neither are complete.

Does anyone have another roster they can post a link too.

Slappy
Bench
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:25 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Slappy » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:02 am

If it makes any of the upset FF fans feel any better NC will not win state, if they match up with Marion Local or Cuyahoga Hts. its the end of the road. And ML is a legit small public school.

nc green wave
Waterboy
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:40 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by nc green wave » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:19 am

bman wrote:
Greenwave wrote:Nc already moved up a division we were in division 6 by 2 boys. I don't think we will move to d5 and there are small rual kids in d5 Nelsonville , wheelersburg coshocton.
Any time we win we get this same tired response from some posters . Small towns like Johnstown and heath had no problem with us.
Of course you don't mind drawing kids from across a growing suburban county. It's an advantage over most D6 schools who are made up of homegrown kids. There is no problem with it, but it should be accounted for with moving schools like Newark Catholic or public versions like Africentric up a division to put them against similar type programs. Both programs I'm using as examples would still be pretty successful, but not as dominant with their advantage more neutralized.
Homegrown? NC is full of homegrown kids. Kids whose parents and grandparents went there. But rather than do your homework and find out yourself you have to make stupid blanket statements like the above. Poor loser. But if that is what makes you feel better......

Stan_Marsh
JV Backup
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Stan_Marsh » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:40 am

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:How about the open enrollment public schools?

With that line of thinking shouldn't they have their own playoffs too.
Some probably feel that way :roll:

Perhaps the MAC alone should have their own playoffs too while we're at it lol :mrgreen:

Paladin
All State
Posts: 2904
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:13 pm
Location: Warren-Youngstown, Ohio metro area

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Paladin » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:51 am

Game went much as I expected against a SEO team,so calling for NC to win wasn't hard for me.

I would agree however that Cuyahoga Hts or Marion Local wins the state championship.
Have gun, will travel

nerkfan
JV Starter
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:05 am

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by nerkfan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:09 am

I agree Paladin. NC has to play as well as it can in hopes of making it a close game. I predict NC will lose by 13 to 21 points.

Greenwave
Waterboy
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:31 am

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Greenwave » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:18 am

bman wrote:
Greenwave wrote:Nc already moved up a division we were in division 6 by 2 boys. I don't think we will move to d5 and there are small rual kids in d5 Nelsonville , wheelersburg coshocton.
Any time we win we get this same tired response from some posters . Small towns like Johnstown and heath had no problem with us.
Of course you don't mind drawing kids from across a growing suburban county. It's an advantage over most D6 schools who are made up of homegrown kids. There is no problem with it, but it should be accounted for with moving schools like Newark Catholic or public versions like Africentric up a division to put them against similar type programs. Both programs I'm using as examples would still be pretty successful, but not as dominant with their advantage more neutralized.

Johnstown and Heath don't complain because they are bigger schools than NC and thus more able to compete with them. There is a reason why NC went 6-4 in a league with schools more like them.

Paint valley beat us last year in ot we didn't make it in 2014 and barely got by ballire and ready and you want to complain because we beat fort frye. We don't do it every year like Marion local cold water . In 2012 we weren't supposed to get to state title and we did all we heard is how we couldn't compete with Marion local and it came down to last play of game for ml to win.

Ken Yerian
Waterboy
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:57 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Ken Yerian » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:10 pm

Looks like CUYAHOGA HEIGHTS is next. Then maybe Marion Local in a rematch. Good Luck! I did enjoy the game even though it was lopsided. Great atmosphere. High School foot ball is the best spectator sport there is. Haven't made up my mind as to which game I am going to tonight but am leaning toward Waterford vrs Harvest Prep.

bman
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1962
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by bman » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:41 pm

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:How about the open enrollment public schools?

With that line of thinking shouldn't they have their own playoffs too.
Did you miss where I mentioned Africentric on multiple occasions?

bman
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1962
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by bman » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:45 pm

Greenwave wrote:
bman wrote:
Greenwave wrote:Nc already moved up a division we were in division 6 by 2 boys. I don't think we will move to d5 and there are small rual kids in d5 Nelsonville , wheelersburg coshocton.
Any time we win we get this same tired response from some posters . Small towns like Johnstown and heath had no problem with us.
Of course you don't mind drawing kids from across a growing suburban county. It's an advantage over most D6 schools who are made up of homegrown kids. There is no problem with it, but it should be accounted for with moving schools like Newark Catholic or public versions like Africentric up a division to put them against similar type programs. Both programs I'm using as examples would still be pretty successful, but not as dominant with their advantage more neutralized.

Johnstown and Heath don't complain because they are bigger schools than NC and thus more able to compete with them. There is a reason why NC went 6-4 in a league with schools more like them.

Paint valley beat us last year in ot we didn't make it in 2014 and barely got by ballire and ready and you want to complain because we beat fort frye. We don't do it every year like Marion local cold water . In 2012 we weren't supposed to get to state title and we did all we heard is how we couldn't compete with Marion local and it came down to last play of game for ml to win.
Is it possible for D6 regular publics to beat D6 schools that are either private or open enrollment like Marion Local? Of course. But for the examples you cite there are many more going the other way.

Schools that draw their students across a larger area, like a NC, Africentric or a lot of the MAC schools should have that taken into account when they are assigned to a division.

If you can't realize that NC has an advantage over most D6 schools by drawing kids from across an entire county that is growing and becoming more suburban, then you need to wake up.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
Purple Hippo
Posts: 28955
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:50 pm

bman wrote:
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:How about the open enrollment public schools?

With that line of thinking shouldn't they have their own playoffs too.
Did you miss where I mentioned Africentric on multiple occasions?
No but figure the way you whine about this, you were only taling about them and not others. :lol:

LICKING COUNTY FAN
Purple Hippo
Posts: 28955
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:51 pm

Africentric after does seem to be a football and baseball power.

bman
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1962
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by bman » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:57 pm

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:
bman wrote:
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:How about the open enrollment public schools?

With that line of thinking shouldn't they have their own playoffs too.
Did you miss where I mentioned Africentric on multiple occasions?
No but figure the way you whine about this, you were only taling about them and not others. :lol:
Much like NC fans whine and complain when people call out the advantage they have. If you are so good, go and play in a division you should be in. We've seen how that's worked out with the LCL. :lol:

bman
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1962
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by bman » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:58 pm

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Africentric after does seem to be a football and baseball power.
It's pretty obvious that Africentric is a basketball school. The beauty of competitive balance is it goes strictly by sport.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
Purple Hippo
Posts: 28955
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:08 pm

bman wrote:
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:
bman wrote:
Did you miss where I mentioned Africentric on multiple occasions?
No but figure the way you whine about this, you were only taling about them and not others. :lol:
Much like NC fans whine and complain when people call out the advantage they have. If you are so good, go and play in a division you should be in. We've seen how that's worked out with the LCL. :lol:
I went to a public school and never whined about private schools.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
Purple Hippo
Posts: 28955
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:09 pm

bman wrote:
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Africentric after does seem to be a football and baseball power.
It's pretty obvious that Africentric is a basketball school. The beauty of competitive balance is it goes strictly by sport.
I agree this is going to hurt many public schools who are open enrollment and take care of a few private schools. I think the smaller private schools are not hurt as badly as some of the cry baby fans are hoping. :oops:

nc green wave
Waterboy
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:40 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by nc green wave » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:06 pm

bman wrote:
Schools that draw their students across a larger area, like a NC, Africentric or a lot of the MAC schools should have that taken into account when they are assigned to a division.

If you can't realize that NC has an advantage over most D6 schools by drawing kids from across an entire county that is growing and becoming more suburban, then you need to wake up.
If a school is limiting enrollment then your argument would make sense. The fact is a school like NC doesn't even have access to 95% of those kids because of religious, financial or other factors.

So do you really think it is unfair that a kid in Mt. Vernon who attended the Catholic grade school chooses to go to NC for high school which is the closest Catholic high school option?

Do you really think that it is fair that NC should have to choose only one feeder school whose kids do not get multiplied when there are actually two Catholic grade schools in Newark? Or that a family that lives in Pataskala sends their kids to St. Pius in Reynolsdburg for grade school because that is their closest option but choose to send them to NC for high school because it is closer and cheaper than Hartley?

I believe that parents should have the choice to send their kids wherever they want to. But I could live with the multiplier for the stud that transfers as a junior or senior. The problem with that is it wouldn't fit your agenda because it wouldn't punish those darn cheating privates enough because it wouldn't bump them up another division.

TVC
JV Backup
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:59 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by TVC » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:37 pm

Put all privates in their own division.
Problem solved

Post Reply