23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post Reply
nerkfan
JV Starter
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:05 am

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by nerkfan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:55 pm

Maybe the tvc can make there very own athletic association so they can have there own State Championship. Because if NC or Ready wasn't in the region Bellaire would have won this region.



nc green wave
Waterboy
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:40 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by nc green wave » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:08 pm

If there ever were a split these same crybabies would be on here complaining about the same publics winning all of their titles and then come up with another unfair advantage that they must have.

Steely Dan
All State
Posts: 3918
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:58 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Steely Dan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:14 pm

You know what? Game is over, decided, decisively, move on. People who want to cry and scream public vs. private, open enrollment, blah, blah, blah are honestly, just lazy a**es who do not want to really analyze and deal with why their teams got the crap kicked out of them. Shut up, please. These are nothing but lamed a$$ excuses, that frankly, the vast majority of people don't want to hear.

Unless you have facts and evidence to support you waving your crying towel about how "unfair" it is that you feel that the privates have an advantage, then zip it, don't want to hear it. :shock: :mrgreen:
Doing someone else's Dirty Work....

TVC
JV Backup
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:59 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by TVC » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:37 pm

Steely Dan wrote:You know what? Game is over, decided, decisively, move on. People who want to cry and scream public vs. private, open enrollment, blah, blah, blah are honestly, just lazy a**es who do not want to really analyze and deal with why their teams got the crap kicked out of them. Shut up, please. These are nothing but lamed a$$ excuses, that frankly, the vast majority of people don't want to hear.

Unless you have facts and evidence to support you waving your crying towel about how "unfair" it is that you feel that the privates have an advantage, then zip it, don't want to hear it. :shock: :mrgreen:
Thanks for your statement. You are correct this game is over and it's time to move on. If you don't like reading people's opinions then don't read them.

TVC
JV Backup
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:59 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by TVC » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:40 pm

nerkfan wrote:Maybe the tvc can make there very own athletic association so they can have there own State Championship. Because if NC or Ready wasn't in the region Bellaire would have won this region.
Great statement that Bellaire may win this region without NC or Ready but please tell me what this has to do with the TVC?

Steely Dan
All State
Posts: 3918
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:58 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Steely Dan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:32 pm

TVC wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:You know what? Game is over, decided, decisively, move on. People who want to cry and scream public vs. private, open enrollment, blah, blah, blah are honestly, just lazy a**es who do not want to really analyze and deal with why their teams got the crap kicked out of them. Shut up, please. These are nothing but lamed a$$ excuses, that frankly, the vast majority of people don't want to hear.

Unless you have facts and evidence to support you waving your crying towel about how "unfair" it is that you feel that the privates have an advantage, then zip it, don't want to hear it. :shock: :mrgreen:
Thanks for your statement. You are correct this game is over and it's time to move on. If you don't like reading people's opinions then don't read them.
Whining is not an opinion. An opinion is an expression of your point-of-view with rationale and logic to back up your statement. That, would be, an "opinion". I did not see that in your prior post, and certainly don't see it now.
Doing someone else's Dirty Work....

bman
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1962
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by bman » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:08 pm

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:
bman wrote:
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Africentric after does seem to be a football and baseball power.
It's pretty obvious that Africentric is a basketball school. The beauty of competitive balance is it goes strictly by sport.
I agree this is going to hurt many public schools who are open enrollment and take care of a few private schools. I think the smaller private schools are not hurt as badly as some of the cry baby fans are hoping. :oops:
I wouldn't refer to them as "cry baby". It's folks bringing up a legitimate point. And I agree with you that if you moved Newark Catholic and Marion Local to Division V and DeSales to Division II, as a couple of examples, that those schools would still have a lot of success but not quite as much as they have now.

TVC
JV Backup
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:59 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by TVC » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:20 pm

Steely Dan wrote:
TVC wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:You know what? Game is over, decided, decisively, move on. People who want to cry and scream public vs. private, open enrollment, blah, blah, blah are honestly, just lazy a**es who do not want to really analyze and deal with why their teams got the crap kicked out of them. Shut up, please. These are nothing but lamed a$$ excuses, that frankly, the vast majority of people don't want to hear.

Unless you have facts and evidence to support you waving your crying towel about how "unfair" it is that you feel that the privates have an advantage, then zip it, don't want to hear it. :shock: :mrgreen:
Thanks for your statement. You are correct this game is over and it's time to move on. If you don't like reading people's opinions then don't read them.
Whining is not an opinion. An opinion is an expression of your point-of-view with rationale and logic to back up your statement. That, would be, an "opinion". I did not see that in your prior post, and certainly don't see it now.
The Rationale and logic was answered earlier in this thread by the very folks that disagree with it. If you can't see the advantages of private schools located in the more populous areas of the state then so be it. I however can see them because I am not wearing blinders to it. Again, this is my opinion and if you don't agree with it that's fine. Respect it like an adult

nc green wave
Waterboy
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:40 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by nc green wave » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:30 pm

bman wrote:
I wouldn't refer to them as "cry baby". It's folks bringing up a legitimate point.
How exactly is it a legitimate point? Because you say so?

nc green wave
Waterboy
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:40 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by nc green wave » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:31 pm

TVC wrote:
The Rationale and logic was answered earlier in this thread by the very folks that disagree with it.
Huh? Please explain

Steely Dan
All State
Posts: 3918
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:58 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Steely Dan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:32 pm

Well, first, I am an adult, and where did I not respect an opinion? Good grief.

In the high populous, concentrated areas of the state, I can certainly agree with this assessment. Hamilton, Franklin, Montgomery, Cuyahoga, Stark, and maybe even Warren county, sure, I can certainly buy into this more. This is where we have the D1 and D2 concentrations. Absolutely. You get outside of these metropolitan areas, and the surrounding bedroom communities, um, not so much. I don't see NC getting the athletes that they used to 20 years ago, simply because of open enrollment, and honestly, some (finally) crackdown on the part of the OHSAA.

We don't have to agree, and that's fine, however, in the smaller school divisions, I really do not see this as an "advantage" to the smaller schools in rural areas, that it may have once been. I'm fine to leave it at that.
Doing someone else's Dirty Work....

bman
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1962
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by bman » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:34 pm

nc green wave wrote:
bman wrote:
I wouldn't refer to them as "cry baby". It's folks bringing up a legitimate point.
How exactly is it a legitimate point? Because you say so?
Take a quick glance at the all-time state championships and put check marks next to the schools who are either private or have open enrollment, some would call it selective open enrollment (see the MAC schools). You'll see the point pretty quick.

It's funny that those who support the status quo resort to name calling.

bman
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1962
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by bman » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:39 pm

Steely Dan wrote:Well, first, I am an adult, and where did I not respect an opinion? Good grief.

In the high populous, concentrated areas of the state, I can certainly agree with this assessment. Hamilton, Franklin, Montgomery, Cuyahoga, Stark, and maybe even Warren county, sure, I can certainly buy into this more. This is where we have the D1 and D2 concentrations. Absolutely. You get outside of these metropolitan areas, and the surrounding bedroom communities, um, not so much. I don't see NC getting the athletes that they used to 20 years ago, simply because of open enrollment, and honestly, some (finally) crackdown on the part of the OHSAA.

We don't have to agree, and that's fine, however, in the smaller school divisions, I really do not see this as an "advantage" to the smaller schools in rural areas, that it may have once been. I'm fine to leave it at that.
I would concur that Newark Catholic doesn't quite have the advantage as it does in the past. I also believe socioeconomics play a role in this with the decline of Newark's industrial base and the rise of the western communities in Licking County as bedroom communities to Columbus. But NC still has an advantage being able to draw students across an entire county, compared to most of the public schools in this region. No one is calling for NC to be banned or thrown out of the OHSAA, that would be ridiculous. But when you draw an enrollment over a larger area (and are able to pick and choose who you want to a degree, see the smaller public open enrollment schools in the MAC), that should be a consideration when a school is placed into a division. I would move these schools up a division.
Last edited by bman on Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stan_Marsh
JV Backup
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Stan_Marsh » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:41 pm

I want to make one last post about last night then I'm off to week 14 when it comes to division 6 (ok that's probably a lie but oh well lol)

I've said this a million times so folks that have already heard it sorry for the annoyance but I'm saying it again. Are some teams in the playoffs miles ahead of others? Absolutely. Are there some teams that missed out on the playoffs that are probably better than some that made it? Absolutely. I am a firm believer, however, that there is no such thing as a "bad" playoff team in Ohio. You just can't be a "horrible" team and make week 11 in this incredible football state. Highschool national champions are of course voted on by some form of the press, but 26 of these highschool national championship teams are out of our fine state of Ohio and that is the most for any state. Behind us is Florida and Cali with 16, Texas has 15, Georgia has 10 and many others have less than 10. Point being this is an amazing state for football and it's beyond me to just honestly think that any team in our playoffs is "bad."

With the above being said I think Fort Frye had an incredible team this year. Best season the school has had and a better season than many schools in Ohio have ever had. They were 1 of only 8 schools in div. 6 playing and one of only 56 schools in the whole state playing. Great job Cadets!

Newark Catholic.....OH MY, what a group you fellas have. Incredible speed across the board, very impressed with your O&D lines speed and toughness as well. You guys played very very physical and I'm nothing but impressed with the Green Wave. I don't care if you are private, public, home grown, or open enrolled...none of it don't care, fact is Newark Catholic is beyond impressive. Best of luck against Cuyahaga Heights I believe it was decided? I'm not about to rule the Green Wave out in that one. Clearly Bellaire and Ready were pretty good ball teams. And to mock what I said before the game obviously Watkins Memorial was NOT attrocius 8-)

Raider6309
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 5231
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Raider6309 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:51 pm

Good luck Newark Catholic next week
Last edited by Raider6309 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steely Dan
All State
Posts: 3918
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:58 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Steely Dan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:08 pm

bman wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:Well, first, I am an adult, and where did I not respect an opinion? Good grief.

In the high populous, concentrated areas of the state, I can certainly agree with this assessment. Hamilton, Franklin, Montgomery, Cuyahoga, Stark, and maybe even Warren county, sure, I can certainly buy into this more. This is where we have the D1 and D2 concentrations. Absolutely. You get outside of these metropolitan areas, and the surrounding bedroom communities, um, not so much. I don't see NC getting the athletes that they used to 20 years ago, simply because of open enrollment, and honestly, some (finally) crackdown on the part of the OHSAA.

We don't have to agree, and that's fine, however, in the smaller school divisions, I really do not see this as an "advantage" to the smaller schools in rural areas, that it may have once been. I'm fine to leave it at that.
I would concur that Newark Catholic doesn't quite have the advantage as it does in the past. I also believe socioeconomics play a role in this with the decline of Newark's industrial base and the rise of the western communities in Licking County as bedroom communities to Columbus. But NC still has an advantage being able to draw students across an entire county, compared to most of the public schools in this region. No one is calling for NC to be banned or thrown out of the OHSAA, that would be ridiculous. But when you draw an enrollment over a larger area (and are able to pick and choose who you want to a degree, see the smaller public open enrollment schools in the MAC), that should be a consideration when a school is placed into a division. I would move these schools up a division.
And I would wholeheartedly agree with your conclusion. I have absolutely no issue with that, I have actually been a proponent of this many times on this website (or it's former iteration). Move 'em up, and let's see how they compete on maybe a more level playing field.
Doing someone else's Dirty Work....

User avatar
The Oaf
2nd Team All State
Posts: 2492
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:05 am
Location: Up in da boof

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by The Oaf » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:53 am

Steely Dan wrote:
TVC wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:You know what? Game is over, decided, decisively, move on. People who want to cry and scream public vs. private, open enrollment, blah, blah, blah are honestly, just lazy a**es who do not want to really analyze and deal with why their teams got the crap kicked out of them. Shut up, please. These are nothing but lamed a$$ excuses, that frankly, the vast majority of people don't want to hear.

Unless you have facts and evidence to support you waving your crying towel about how "unfair" it is that you feel that the privates have an advantage, then zip it, don't want to hear it. :shock: :mrgreen:
Thanks for your statement. You are correct this game is over and it's time to move on. If you don't like reading people's opinions then don't read them.
Whining is not an opinion. An opinion is an expression of your point-of-view with rationale and logic to back up your statement. That, would be, an "opinion". I did not see that in your prior post, and certainly don't see it now.
Spot on with these posts Dan. But you have to admit, it is entertaining to watch some of these low brow posters discombobulate before our eyes! Better then Springer! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

User avatar
The Oaf
2nd Team All State
Posts: 2492
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:05 am
Location: Up in da boof

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by The Oaf » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:55 am

Stan_Marsh wrote:I want to make one last post about last night then I'm off to week 14 when it comes to division 6 (ok that's probably a lie but oh well lol)

I've said this a million times so folks that have already heard it sorry for the annoyance but I'm saying it again. Are some teams in the playoffs miles ahead of others? Absolutely. Are there some teams that missed out on the playoffs that are probably better than some that made it? Absolutely. I am a firm believer, however, that there is no such thing as a "bad" playoff team in Ohio. You just can't be a "horrible" team and make week 11 in this incredible football state. Highschool national champions are of course voted on by some form of the press, but 26 of these highschool national championship teams are out of our fine state of Ohio and that is the most for any state. Behind us is Florida and Cali with 16, Texas has 15, Georgia has 10 and many others have less than 10. Point being this is an amazing state for football and it's beyond me to just honestly think that any team in our playoffs is "bad."

With the above being said I think Fort Frye had an incredible team this year. Best season the school has had and a better season than many schools in Ohio have ever had. They were 1 of only 8 schools in div. 6 playing and one of only 56 schools in the whole state playing. Great job Cadets!

Newark Catholic.....OH MY, what a group you fellas have. Incredible speed across the board, very impressed with your O&D lines speed and toughness as well. You guys played very very physical and I'm nothing but impressed with the Green Wave. I don't care if you are private, public, home grown, or open enrolled...none of it don't care, fact is Newark Catholic is beyond impressive. Best of luck against Cuyahaga Heights I believe it was decided? I'm not about to rule the Green Wave out in that one. Clearly Bellaire and Ready were pretty good ball teams. And to mock what I said before the game obviously Watkins Memorial was NOT attrocius 8-)
Nice post Stanley! Very well said!
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

User avatar
The Oaf
2nd Team All State
Posts: 2492
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:05 am
Location: Up in da boof

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by The Oaf » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:22 am

bbtrucking.inc?? Where are you hiding?? Here kitty kitty kitty.....
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

nc green wave
Waterboy
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:40 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by nc green wave » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:38 am

After looking at the NC roster, knowing where the kids came from and doing the math..........NC would remain in D6 and not bump up to D5.

Is it still unfair?

Orange and Brown
SEOP HOF
Posts: 18039
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Orange and Brown » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:22 pm

The Oaf wrote:bbtrucking.inc?? Where are you hiding?? Here kitty kitty kitty.....
I don't think we will see this poster again. :lol: :lol:
2017 TVC CHAMPS!!! :mrgreen:

User avatar
The Oaf
2nd Team All State
Posts: 2492
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:05 am
Location: Up in da boof

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by The Oaf » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:29 pm

Orange and Brown wrote:
The Oaf wrote:bbtrucking.inc?? Where are you hiding?? Here kitty kitty kitty.....
I don't think we will see this poster again. :lol: :lol:
Nope, not a chance! :lol: :lol:
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

Stan_Marsh
JV Backup
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Stan_Marsh » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:56 pm

nc green wave wrote:After looking at the NC roster, knowing where the kids came from and doing the math..........NC would remain in D6 and not bump up to D5.

Is it still unfair?

If you haven't noticed more times than not when you win.....you also cheated. If your a private school it's because you recruited, if your a public school in a heavily populated area it's also because you recruit, sometimes it's because "you didn't play anybody," and if you can't get accused of any of these then it's because the other team "didn't play well," or it's "sure you won, but your team is dirty."

Orange and Brown
SEOP HOF
Posts: 18039
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Orange and Brown » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:22 pm

Stan_Marsh wrote:
nc green wave wrote:After looking at the NC roster, knowing where the kids came from and doing the math..........NC would remain in D6 and not bump up to D5.

Is it still unfair?

If you haven't noticed more times than not when you win.....you also cheated. If your a private school it's because you recruited, if your a public school in a heavily populated area it's also because you recruit, sometimes it's because "you didn't play anybody," and if you can't get accused of any of these then it's because the other team "didn't play well," or it's "sure you won, but your team is dirty."
NY has played NC every year for several years now. While it's been a really competitive series NC has the edge overall. We never have and never will pull the Recruiting card on NC when we get beat.
I for one absolutely love playing NC. It is a great measuring stick (win or lose) and most years turns out to be a great game.
Most people can't just accept that they got beat. They always have to have an excuse.
2017 TVC CHAMPS!!! :mrgreen:

Big cat
Waterboy
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:18 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Big cat » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:11 pm

The Oaf wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
The Oaf wrote:bbtrucking.inc?? Where are you hiding?? Here kitty kitty kitty.....
I don't think we will see this poster again. :lol: :lol:
Nope, not a chance! :lol: :lol:
I hope bb didn't let you run them off. No running clock In the hp/Waterford game. Belleville and mccutheon both went over 100 yds. Nothing to be ashamed of.

gils
Freshman Backup
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by gils » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:22 pm

Like I said in an earlier post N.C. is now healthy, this was the way they were playing in the early part of the season. In the preseason poll they were ranked in the top 5 in D-6. The schedule they had helped prepare them for this. Next years schedule is the a little different and it is a killer. They will probably stay in D-6 even with competitive balance because they were one boy over from D-7.

User avatar
The Oaf
2nd Team All State
Posts: 2492
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:05 am
Location: Up in da boof

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by The Oaf » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:37 pm

Big cat wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote: I don't think we will see this poster again. :lol: :lol:
Nope, not a chance! :lol: :lol:
I hope bb didn't let you run them off. No running clock In the hp/Waterford game. Belleville and mccutheon both went over 100 yds. Nothing to be ashamed of.
Gonna take weeks to pluck all those feathers! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

nc green wave
Waterboy
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:40 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by nc green wave » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:09 am

gils wrote:Like I said in an earlier post N.C. is now healthy, this was the way they were playing in the early part of the season. In the preseason poll they were ranked in the top 5 in D-6. The schedule they had helped prepare them for this. Next years schedule is the a little different and it is a killer. They will probably stay in D-6 even with competitive balance because they were one boy over from D-7.
Yes, NC is healthy but still missing two starters who went down with season ending injuries.

efarns
Varsity Bench
Posts: 685
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:29 am

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by efarns » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:25 pm

Somebody won and somebody lost. That's football. Not sure what all the yapping afterwards is about

wildcat2002
Waterboy
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by wildcat2002 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:14 pm

Yes football vs. football with Fort Frye vs. NC, but it isn't fair vs. fair. Public high schools can't consistently compete with private schools. Maybe some of the big public schools that are near larger municipalities such as Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Toledo, but in Southeastern Ohio we do not have a large municipality. Its kind of like a politician running for office, when it comes to making sports in Ohio fair and impartial, Appalachia just doesn't get noticed as much. Not nearly as many job opportunities here even with open enrollment. Kind of reminds me of the state funding system that has been ruled unconstitutional four times by the Ohio Supreme Court...they just turn a blind eye to the lower populated areas in the state. Cud dos to schools like Fort Frye and Waterford for being able to compete the way they have. By the way did you know that Waterford only has approximately 160 students at the high school alone and they don't recruit.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
Purple Hippo
Posts: 28937
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:05 am
Location: Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Contact:

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:00 pm

I could be way off, but I believe all of the schools in the M.A.C. are from small towns and they, for the most part have no problems in beating private schools, including the one in their own conference.

Stan_Marsh
JV Backup
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Stan_Marsh » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:02 pm

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:I could be way off, but I believe all of the schools in the M.A.C. are from small towns and they, for the most part have no problems in beating private schools, including the one in their own conference.
Pretty sure your NOT way off on that LCF 8-)
As a matter of fact you never hear anybody calling Delphos St Johns cheaters except for when the playoffs start and they happen to be in it. Point being it's never the other MAC schools crying.

Yelling cheater is the easy thing to do when you get beat. I'll never forget catching a playoff game that St Henry was in (mind you St Henry is the name of the damn town, NOT a private school lol) St Henry won and fans of the other team were honestly grumbling "cheating Catholic school, must be nice being able to recruit." True ignorance right there lol :mrgreen:

efarns
Varsity Bench
Posts: 685
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:29 am

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by efarns » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:10 am

I don't see a lot of people calling NC "cheaters."

Stan_Marsh
JV Backup
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Stan_Marsh » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:41 am

Is recruiting legal? Didn't think so. So when people say they recruit they are saying they cheat lol

Stan_Marsh
JV Backup
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: 23 Regional Final: Fort Frye (12-0) vs Newark Catholic (8-4)

Post by Stan_Marsh » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:41 am

Didn't realize that needed spelled out

Post Reply