2011 Warren Warriors

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

2011 Warren Warriors

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Heard that some new blood in the coaching ranks, WR coach???? Played at Boise St???? May be just rumor. Hopefully in year 2 the staff will/can gel into the offense/defense mindset. Some good football players in the school and many seem excited for the season to get started.

warrenwarrior55
Riding the Bench

Re: 2011 Warren Warriors

Post by warrenwarrior55 »

The warriors will continue to build with coach schob running things. Great players leaving making room for new players to shine. Get into the weightroom warriors next season is coming fast!!!

Curious
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious »

This is my first time speaking out on Warren football on this forum, and I know what I am about to say will not sit well with many. When Coach Schob was hired, I just couldn't believe what just happened to one of the most talented group of young men ever at Warren, and one of the most talented in the Ohio valley. Warren just hired a coach from a bigger school, in the same conference with no ability to coach wins in the league. The administation made it clear when they made the decision to hire, it wasnt about the coaches past records. Thats good, because if it wasnt that important then , then it wont matter to them now that Warren was last in the league. One league win. Sound familiar. Let me make it clear that I dont know Coach Schob, Im sure he is a wonderful person and great with the young men. If that is all it takes to satisfy everyone involved then everything at Warren football is great. For myself as a Warren football alum and excoach of Warren alum, that is not enough. Thankfully, I missed the prediction I made before the season started. I predicted they would win 4 games under coach Schob. They pulled one out at Athens, because thier coach was worse than ours and decided to throw the ball, with eight minutes left and a 14 point lead. Thank you very much. Then the Athens coach stood on the field with his team heartbroken with the loss and told them they just didnt want it bad enough. Seven turnovers by Parkersburg South in a two point Warren win. Thank you very much. Feeling lucky yet. Was anyone really shocked when Marietta, not just won, but run all over us. The talent, the size, the athletic ability, and the skilled positions are among the best ever at Warren. Does Coach Schob have enough football in him to make the adjustments in his pass first offense. More importantly start running a defensive scheme that can keep them in a ball game.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Just in the last couple of years Warren seems to be putting things together.They are picking up wins and now other teams don't go up against Warren and get a large margin win as of old.Seems like the boys there at Warren are getting into the game.Warren is walking right now and soon will be running.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

beenaround wrote:This is my first time speaking out on Warren football on this forum, and I know what I am about to say will not sit well with many. When Coach Schob was hired, I just couldn't believe what just happened to one of the most talented group of young men ever at Warren, and one of the most talented in the Ohio valley. Warren just hired a coach from a bigger school, in the same conference with no ability to coach wins in the league. The administation made it clear when they made the decision to hire, it wasnt about the coaches past records. Thats good, because if it wasnt that important then , then it wont matter to them now that Warren was last in the league. One league win. Sound familiar. Let me make it clear that I dont know Coach Schob, Im sure he is a wonderful person and great with the young men. If that is all it takes to satisfy everyone involved then everything at Warren football is great. For myself as a Warren football alum and excoach of Warren alum, that is not enough. Thankfully, I missed the prediction I made before the season started. I predicted they would win 4 games under coach Schob. They pulled one out at Athens, because thier coach was worse than ours and decided to throw the ball, with eight minutes left and a 14 point lead. Thank you very much. Then the Athens coach stood on the field with his team heartbroken with the loss and told them they just didnt want it bad enough. Seven turnovers by Parkersburg South in a two point Warren win. Thank you very much. Feeling lucky yet. Was anyone really shocked when Marietta, not just won, but run all over us. The talent, the size, the athletic ability, and the skilled positions are among the best ever at Warren. Does Coach Schob have enough football in him to make the adjustments in his pass first offense. More importantly start running a defensive scheme that can keep them in a ball game.
Ran all over us, not run all over us.

I have coached with Coach Schob, he and his staff can make adjustments. You make it sound as if he ran the Warren program into the ground last season. Don't let the 2009 7-3 season fool you. Warren football still doesn't know how to win like a Logan, Jackson, or Gallia program. As a former coach you should know what I mean by that. Warren Football, just like Marietta, I am not bashing Warren, needs several seasons of 7-3 before winning football can be expected. The culture has to change to the point where winning is expected, and not just wanted. This takes time, hard work, and talent. All of which it sounds like Warren has, but only for the past two or three seasons. That is not long enough to change the culture and create the winning expectations. 3 of their 5 losses last season were respectably and that is a step in the right direction over the past decade or so in Vincent.

Give it time, be supportive, coming on here bashing him is not helping change the culture. And as a former Warrior player and coach, I am sure, ultimately, that is what you want.

pitt87fan
Freshman Team

Post by pitt87fan »

beenaround wrote:This is my first time speaking out on Warren football on this forum, and I know what I am about to say will not sit well with many. When Coach Schob was hired, I just couldn't believe what just happened to one of the most talented group of young men ever at Warren, and one of the most talented in the Ohio valley. Warren just hired a coach from a bigger school, in the same conference with no ability to coach wins in the league. The administation made it clear when they made the decision to hire, it wasnt about the coaches past records. Thats good, because if it wasnt that important then , then it wont matter to them now that Warren was last in the league. One league win. Sound familiar. Let me make it clear that I dont know Coach Schob, Im sure he is a wonderful person and great with the young men. If that is all it takes to satisfy everyone involved then everything at Warren football is great. For myself as a Warren football alum and excoach of Warren alum, that is not enough. Thankfully, I missed the prediction I made before the season started. I predicted they would win 4 games under coach Schob. They pulled one out at Athens, because thier coach was worse than ours and decided to throw the ball, with eight minutes left and a 14 point lead. Thank you very much. Then the Athens coach stood on the field with his team heartbroken with the loss and told them they just didnt want it bad enough. Seven turnovers by Parkersburg South in a two point Warren win. Thank you very much. Feeling lucky yet. Was anyone really shocked when Marietta, not just won, but run all over us. The talent, the size, the athletic ability, and the skilled positions are among the best ever at Warren. Does Coach Schob have enough football in him to make the adjustments in his pass first offense. More importantly start running a defensive scheme that can keep them in a ball game.
Did you apply or are just going to hide and critize?
Exactly how many seasons has Warren been a football power and feel free to go all the way back to make sure we include your record. Let us know what your record was and when so we can compare it to today.

Curious
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious »

Okay, I knew what I had to say would not sit well. Every one knows that talent, play makers, speed, and size in numbers at the high school level fluctuates in every school. Logan has been the cream of the crop in southeast Ohio for years. Nelsonville has been the cream of the crop for years. Part of thier success has been the winning tradition. Winning is expected, from the 8 year old that dreams of putting on the high school pads, from the administration, from the coaches and community. The biggest difference between winning and having a rebuilding year is the coach. Teams like Logan, Nelsonville, Ironton, Sheridan, Monroe Central, and Belpre (under Ralph Holder) have enjoyed coaches that know how to win. When those schools are down a year they are reloading the student athelete. The administration at Warren excluded a coaches ability to win as criteria to hire. The last time the administration hired a proven coach was Mike Devol. Before that was Bob Hill. Both coaches were excellent, because they knew what to leave alone in the playbook and what to use based on personnel that year. The administration knew they could win, they had proven it. Since then, out of all the coaches that has been hired in, not one had proven he could win. This is not a personal attack on coach Schob, Im just waiting for someone at Warren to prove me wrong. I hope coach Schob is the one to prove me wrong. Otherwise here we go again. I haven't coached for 12 years. But after 13 years of coaching football, I know enough football to know, I dont know enough. I would hope any application for a head coaching job at Warren with anything less than proof he knows football, would be thrown in the trash. Even if he is a nice guy. At least hire a first time head coach , that was a long time assistant coach at a winning program. Like they did Coach Maddox from Logan. Please prove me wrong!

Bigbluewarriorfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Bigbluewarriorfan »

I agree 100% with the record Warren had this year is terible with the tallent on the field. We got returning talent next year and i think if Schob has a loosing record Warren needs to go on a new Head coaching search!!!

pitt87fan
Freshman Team

Post by pitt87fan »

beenaround wrote:Okay, I knew what I had to say would not sit well. Every one knows that talent, play makers, speed, and size in numbers at the high school level fluctuates in every school. Logan has been the cream of the crop in southeast Ohio for years. Nelsonville has been the cream of the crop for years. Part of thier success has been the winning tradition. Winning is expected, from the 8 year old that dreams of putting on the high school pads, from the administration, from the coaches and community. The biggest difference between winning and having a rebuilding year is the coach. Teams like Logan, Nelsonville, Ironton, Sheridan, Monroe Central, and Belpre (under Ralph Holder) have enjoyed coaches that know how to win. When those schools are down a year they are reloading the student athelete. The administration at Warren excluded a coaches ability to win as criteria to hire. The last time the administration hired a proven coach was Mike Devol. Before that was Bob Hill. Both coaches were excellent, because they knew what to leave alone in the playbook and what to use based on personnel that year. The administration knew they could win, they had proven it. Since then, out of all the coaches that has been hired in, not one had proven he could win. This is not a personal attack on coach Schob, Im just waiting for someone at Warren to prove me wrong. I hope coach Schob is the one to prove me wrong. Otherwise here we go again. I haven't coached for 12 years. But after 13 years of coaching football, I know enough football to know, I dont know enough. I would hope any application for a head coaching job at Warren with anything less than proof he knows football, would be thrown in the trash. Even if he is a nice guy. At least hire a first time head coach , that was a long time assistant coach at a winning program. Like they did Coach Maddox from Logan. Please prove me wrong!
From the Warren Football Website:
The Warriors of the past 50 years have achieved the following:

500 Games-Wins 244-Loss 246-Tie 10
Overall-48.8% Winning Percentage

Not exactly being in the same arena as the schools you mention. I will also point out that one thing many of those schools have is a coach who has been around for many years. A coach who was allowed and backed by the administration and Board to make his choices and not what they
wanted. You must give the coach time, I see you time is 2 years and you are out. Do you think Logan's coach (now retired) Amyx (sp) won from day one. What about Holder, I was among those and many years we were average. If the community backs the coach and I mean backs not back stabs the coach then with time you can see a turn around. Even the recent year they went 7-3 the schedule favored them.

warrenwarrior55
Riding the Bench

Wow. I am having a hard time reading all this. I guess that since Coach Schob has a hard time knowing how to win, and has know idea how to play call we should just hang him. He is such a poor coach and has know idea what he is doing, I can’t believe he even got interviewed any place for any job. I mean lets look a couple of games to prove just how foolish he is:

Belpre, he is such a pass first guy he completely missed the fact Belpre could not stop the run and was super week up the middle. He had a first year starter and sophomore QB throw for something like 100yds. Wait they ran for 300yds as a team that night and wore Belpre out in the second half. I think something like 5 different players scored on the ground that night. Ok sorry bad example.

Morgan, now here is ware Coach Schob really showed that he has no idea what he is doing. After a close first half warren blows out another team and has a 50-50 play call average. I guess these first 2 weeks were just warm ups for how bad he would mess up at Athens.

Athens, here we go. Now I got him, Athens came out ready to play. there defensive line was dominating the warrior running game and was gashing warren with a solid rushing attack. Down 2 tds in the 4th quarter coach Schob, all this poor coach can do is tie the score up and win in double overtime. Keeping his team up when down on the score board and making them poor kids fight until the end. What a joke, if I anyone else was head coach they could have won that game by 20 from that point. As far as the play calling by Athens as a warrior fan I am so disappointed they made poor coaching calls that helped them loose. I hate it when the other teams coaching staff makes mistakes and loses to a team because of it.

Portsmouth, now this was a night. The Trojans showed Coach Schob what was up. They were up from the start and stayed up all night. If Coach Schob was better he would have put on the pads and played for himself that night. That would have shown the warrior fans that think he is so bad that he means business.

Jackson, I can’t believe that Coach Schob gave this game away. You know considering how Jackson let the rest of the league just beat them up all season. Who won the league anyway?
South, now this one does it. Coach Schob and his defensive staff could only cause 7 turnovers. What a joke. Some of the “former 12 year Coaches” with the “winning tradition” they have could have doubled that total.

Chilli, come on Coach Schob that was such an easy game for you to win. Any coach could have gone down there and shut down a undefeated league team at the time and cruse home with a win. Know one in the league was impressed with that win.

If anyone is still reading I would say you get my point. Coach Schob is more than a nice guy. If you’re not in coaching meetings with him or working side by side with him you just don’t know. I am like Schenk I have worked beside coach Schob. A great coach was not a great coach with out taking his lumps. Warren is going in the correct direction. The football program is up in numbers and had its second non loosing season in a row. When was the last time that happened? When was the last time a warren coach had a non-loosing season his first year. Not one person on the Coaching staff wanted or is satisfied with a .500 season. Also there is not one Coach on the staff that thinks he is the best there is, we all are growing and learning each day. If 2 years is all a man has to build something how can you expect consistency? If you are a better Coach that Schob take yourself to the board office and make it known you would like an application to apply for the head coaching job when Coach Schob leaves. Until that day support what you have. You don’t have to like him but don’t try and push him down. Coach Schob is a great coach and a fine man. He is teaching football and life lessons to the kids. There is not one player that is no a better human being over all after time with Coach Schob. I am today and have been the past few years proud to know coach Schob, and even happier that I have had the privilege to work alongside him. I am also proud so say I was once a player for Coach Schob, and even though he was hard on me, I am better for it. In this day and age wins and losses are very important but what kind of man you are is more important. I have said some of what I wanted to, and I am stopping here. My game by game talk is as stupid sounding as the guy posting on here that thinks warren should have hired Bill Parcels to coach this season. Even as dumb as the guy who thinks he should be fired after this season. Watch the games and enjoy them. Enjoy the young men playing the game. Enjoy the fact that there is only so much time for each young man to play in a season before it ends. Enjoy the new things like a web site and highlight videos for those who can’t get to games. Stop focusing on all this negativity, there is no Coach on the planet that anyone would like every second of every game. Just be a Warren Warrior fan.

Who knows what would happen if a Head Coach got full support and was encouraged every season to do what he could to win and kept a good overall program to boot. If that happened you may already have to guy that will take this Warrior program to new heights. I think he is…
I sure hope in my hyper and frustrated state there are not to many grammatical mistakes in this. I’m sure you all get what I am saying, if not and you still want to hate, or be negative more power to ya.

Curious
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious »

If you wanted to hire someone to paint a family portait, at a substantial cost. Wouldnt you want to look at the prospective painters previous paintings? Most people would. Lets say you looked at the last 20 paintings of one painter interested and most of them were absolutely awful. A couple of them were not too bad, but none of them were really good. The painter tells you this one would have been better, but the canvas was faulty, and this one the paint was too dry, and this one the brush was the problem. Now based on his previous work you have a decision to make. If you hire him, can you really expect any different results than what you have already seen. Lets say we will take the chance. It took the painter two years to complete. When he revealed his work it was basicly dreadful. This time the canvas , the paint, and the brushes were perfect according to him. You paid the man, then started looking for another painter, because you still wanted a family portrait. But by now your kids are older and out of the house. the two years lost you can't get back. This has been the history of Warren football since Mike Devol left, because the administration either refuses to look at the previous work, or buys into the excuses made over previous work. In the past, if and when the the administration has made the best man for the job decision, they cannot control when that person decides to move on. Out of 32 applicants if no one has the previous work history needed, then make it known they are still looking and fill the job for 1 year with a current assistant. Dont get me wrong, my perspective on the hiring policy at Warren has nothing to do with the previous record of 7-3. I had absolutely no expectation of Coach Schob coming here and going 10-0. He actually did really well like you said. Because based on his previous paintings, I had him at 4-6, with Belpre and Morgan on the schedule , and more talent than most schools.

warrenwarrior55
Riding the Bench

I think painting is more of your area of knowledge. Stick with that, you seem to know your stuff. Let Coach Schob do the Coaching. I can put a word in for ya with Mr. Leffingwell and see if there is a position in the Art Department.

Curious
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious »

I'm sorry you didnt like my family portrait story, or missed the analogy all together. I'm not suprised that it makes no sense to anyone. The old line is , if we don't learn from our mistakes then we are bound to relive them over and over and over again, usually every two to three years at Warren. I appreciate you offering to help get me a job, but that won't be needed. I know absolutely nothing about art or painting and they have already offered me the job. Get it. Do you need me to explain that one?

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

I think Coach Amex from Logan went in and tried to resign after his first few years at Logan and they were not doing as well as expected. IF, I got the story straight, the Board refused to accept his resignation had faith in him and look what he went on and did in his career at Logan. Logan's record speaks for itself. SO, lets get off this bandwagon, give the man a chance, and if the program is not moving in a positive direction with-in four years or so. I believe that Coach Schob, will be the one to say, I am not getting it done and step aside himself. He is that kind of person. I guess, I am saying, a person with class.

Bigbluewarriorfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Bigbluewarriorfan »

It is not that the people from Warren arn't giving him a chance. It is the chance he came in with is to do great things with a verry talented team. With that if he can't do great things with a talented team that the coach before him coaching them up. He needs to go and Warren needs to get a coach that can reteach how to play football at the rate where they will win more game

Curious
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious »

A winning tradition means you have a history of winning. The same appilies to a losing tradition. Warren hired in a coach with a losing tradition. When someone has the nerve to question hiring a losing tradtion into the program, they are called back stabbers. I seriously doubt any of you name callers have spent as many hours, supporting Warren football as I have. From the time I traveled to my first away varsity game at age 11 in Nelsonville. To all the sweat and blood in the pads from age 12 like every other Warren player with a heart and passion for the game. Then add the years of hustling from work to the school by 6:00 pm for Pee Wee football practice, not beacause I had a son playing, but because I was the coach for 16-22 players. Practice all week and games on Saturday evening for 12 years. There was no pay, no gas money, I did it because I loved the game and Warren football. Then I get a call that Mike Devol had taken the job and was interested in me as an assistant, he wanted someone that would bleed Blue if they got cut. I coached the eighth grade and varsity, insisting my contract pay was split 3 ways to help pay the ninth grade coaches. In my lifetime I have logged more hours and miles supporting Warren football than any head football coach at Warren ever will. Warren football will always have my support. I cant say the same for some of the poor hiring decisions by the administration. So go ahead name callers, If you played for the Blue and White, lived here your whole life, coached 13 years worth of kids in Blue and been both home and away on Friday nights for 38 years, then go ahead and call me a back stabber and a basher. You have earned it !

Blue Blaze
Waterboy

Post by Blue Blaze »

beenaround,
Not only do you have the right to criticize and say whatever you want on here, you deserve an award for all you have done. Thank you for telling everyone how great you are. I am not certain there are many that have not heard you talk in public about everything you know and how others are idiots, but in case there are some that have not had the privledge, thank you for spreading it to the internet! MyMy GeeGee :lol:

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Oh, don't forget doorman at basketball games. Fort Frye people just love you. BTW some of them are friends of families of players. Be Nice, Please.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

So you bring up your buddy Mike Devil,had a good thing going then "retired " knowing he was going to PS,traitor coward in my book ..you followed him and shouldn't have been rehired anyway...you got yourself fired from this staff by being unprofessional, wow you never wanted the senior quarterback to ever take a snap on that 7 3 team for heavens sake you were the quarterback coach shows how much you knew...you are in same company as WCC...give schob his chance ..we don't need your kind of support ...he is assembling the best coaching staff we have had in a long long time...go BLUE!!!!!!

Curious
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious »

warriorfrosh

I know who you are refering to in your post. I did not follow Mike Devol anywhere. As far as your staff, look at the winning percentage of those that have been a head coach. I believe 4-16 at Miami Trace, 12-28 at Warren, 0-10 at Belpre, then throw in the record of Schob at Marietta. If there are others on the staff with previous head coaching records I would like to know thier records, or corrections to what I have. Thanks

Return to “Football”