2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Re: 2017 IRONTON ''FIGHTING TIGER'' FOOTBALL.

Post by ravensfan9 »

What will Ironton's line be like? Depth?

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
JTEK wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:Saw the above mentioned player at the Burg-SP game in the Burg student section. Did he really leave for Ironton?
he's been to most if not all the games
it would surprise me if the young man had much say in the move

He was interacting with a lot of other kids so for him to be taken away from that against his will is really sad. You could tell he still has friends at Burg.
Wasn't he on the J.V. team at first of the season. He can move and still keep his friends. If you want to know why they moved to Ironton just ask his parents.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

ravensfan9 wrote:What will Ironton's line be like? Depth?

Not sure on depth, but I know they lose like 2 guys off the line from last year. They should have a pretty good line coming up this year. 3 starters back and a couple of sophomore that saw some playing time. Like I said depth not to sure about.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ironton Fighting Tiger 2017 Football

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

me either cannon. and mrs. bait cleaned out ole bait's throne room. and I can't find my ole programs, some bass pro catalogs, and my 25th anniversary of the swimsuit edition of sports illustrated for that matter.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
WHAT UP WITH DAT.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Saw the above mentioned player at the Burg-SP game in the Burg student section. Did he really leave for Ironton?
They are still living in Burg as of now. He may be enrolled at Ironton, but they haven't moved.

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

4thgoal wrote:
They are still living in Burg as of now. He may be enrolled at Ironton, but they haven't moved.
His dad told me that they moved, and their house is up for sale.

Burgpro
Waterboy

Post by Burgpro »

4thgoal wrote:
They have been working on the house to sell but they have a place in Ironton where they are living now.

High Roller
Riding the Bench

Post by High Roller »

Lost to graduation
Levi Langdon
Tyler Webb
Vance Day

Returning lineman for 2017
Senior - Jaxson Pleasant - G/LB
Senior - Trent Klaiber - C/DT
Senior - Dylan Redmund - T/DT
Junior - Cody Rowe - T/DT
Junior - Brady Rowe - G/DT
Junior - Hunter Humphreys - TE/DE
Sophomore - Hayden Topping - T/T

Not the biggest group in Tiger History but an athletic group that will play to the whistle.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the smallest line ironton ever had won the 79 state championship. it's about heart, techniques n fundamentals and desire and most importantly coaching. you can change football all you want but the fundamentals never change. and being able to not shoot yourself in the foot time n time again with 15 yarders.
the whistle blows , head to your huddle.

ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Post by ravensfan9 »

High Roller wrote:
Lost to graduation
Levi Langdon
Tyler Webb
Vance Day

Returning lineman for 2017

Not the biggest group in Tiger History but an athletic group that will play to the whistle.

Eli Willis was a Senior too, wasn't he? Also, Larry Morris was a Senior right? Also, Bryant would be a nice addition at the other end should he decide to play again.

High Roller
Riding the Bench

Post by High Roller »

High Roller wrote:
Lost to graduation
Levi Langdon
Tyler Webb
Vance Day
Larry Morris
Eli Willis.

Returning linemen for 2017

Last edited by High Roller on Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

High Roller
Riding the Bench

Post by High Roller »

Fixed the list ravensfan9

If I was on staff I would only want Bryant if he is out for physical fitness and two a days. Last year he rolled in after all the hard work was done and the staff let him play in week one. They were rewarded with pouting, cheap shots, and penalties. Every fan with eyes saw it last year until he quit at halftime of the Ashland game if memory serves. Those things aren't what Fighting Tiger football is about. If he comes out when everyone else does and goes through everything the right way like everyone else then accept him with open arms.

Besides, with his size and feet wouldn't he be more valuable at offensive tackle than end.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

This is one of several reasons that I think Vass needs changes in his staff. I hear too many kids and parents with no respect for his current staff. It is a shame but one parent said with everything that you have seen would you have any respect for them if you was a kid.

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

I'm not saying anyone needs to go, but respect and culture begins and ends with the head coach. The buck stops there. Let's not throw all of the assistants under the bus and take all of the blame off of the head coach. Players aren't permitted to join the team after conditioning, or dictate when and where the play without the blessing of the head coach. We don't know the situation, and we don't know state of mind a coach may have been in when and if these things happened. Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess. If those things went on, it was wrong, and hopefully a young coach learned from it, and won't allow it again.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I played alongside numerous talented athletes in my career and have observed many others throughout the years. At no point in time was any athlete above the team. A head coach that will allow a player or players to become bigger than the team, should never be a head coach. Successful programs are built on a foundation of athletes believing in the concept of teamwork and a head coach that instills that quality in each and every member of the team. If that foundation breaks down, the team breaks down.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

softballfan2112 wrote:I'm not saying anyone needs to go, but respect and culture begins and ends with the head coach. The buck stops there. Let's not throw all of the assistants under the bus and take all of the blame off of the head coach. Players aren't permitted to join the team after conditioning, or dictate when and where the play without the blessing of the head coach. We don't know the situation, and we don't know state of mind a coach may have been in when and if these things happened. Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess. If those things went on, it was wrong, and hopefully a young coach learned from it, and won't allow it again.
I don't care what state of mind the staff was in. And once again please don't even think these things did not go on. It is a fact and anyone that played on the team would tell you it went on. Vass needs to hire some coaches that are respected by the football community in Ironton. Not these token coaches and family and friends.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

79Tiger wrote:I played alongside numerous talented athletes in my career and have observed many others throughout the years. At no point in time was any athlete above the team. A head coach that will allow a player or players to become bigger than the team, should never be a head coach. Successful programs are built on a foundation of athletes believing in the concept of teamwork and a head coach that instills that quality in each and every member of the team. If that foundation breaks down, the team breaks down.

you are absolutely right 79tiger.

tiger59
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger59 »

Why would any school need to replace everyone but the head coach? That is so funny and strange.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I think game day is trying to say that there way too many family members and friends on the staff.

Return to “Football”