Portsmouth decade team 00-10

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Portsmouth decade team 00-10

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

After seeing a Logan post about their team from 00-10 I decided to do one for the Trojans. When I did this I set it up trying not to start anyone in multiple positions and trying to list as many guys as I could off the top of my head. Some of these guys did play multiple positions through different years but this is how I would set the depth chart if I had everyone at their best. Let me know who I missed( I know I have left out a bunch of good ball players) and lets see yours and what you think.

QB- Craig Felts, Shane Porter, Josh Myers
RB- Listed several because some years we ran the 2 back set with a fb that was another run threat not a typical blocking back Jo Jo Parker, Jeremy Hamrick, Jeremiah Bolden, Jeremy Mathis, Wes Jordan Andrew Newman
Blocking FB- Zack Harris, Jeremy Mathis
TE- Tyler Clifford, Derek Thompson, Scott Arms, Collin Staker
T- Gerald Cadogan, Mike MacMan,
G- Bruce Kalb, Jeff Swords
C- Matt Howbert, Howard Harcha, D.J. Mosley
G- Dave Borne, Eric Wamsley,
T- John Prior, Nate Cadogan, Curtis Miller
WR- Juddy Nelson, Bradley Parker, Kyle Simpson, Mike Purdy, D.J. Carter,

DE- Zack Harris, Tyler Clifford, Jason James
DT- Dustin Pendleton, Bob Waughtel Kyle Mitchell
DT- Eric Wamsley, Dave Ramel, Bruce Kalb
DE- Mike Lampkin, Scott Arms , Derek Thompson
MLB Jeff Swords, Zack Harris, Wes Workman
MLB Jeremy Mathis, J.B. Williams Justin Skaggs,
OLB J.B. Williams, Nick Toppins, John Royster
OLB Brad Porter Jojo Parker, Craig Felts,
CB- Tony Malone, Bradley Parker, Mike Purdy
CB- Jeremy Hamrick, Jeremiah Bolden, Andrew Newman
S Jeremiah Bolden, Shane Porter, Kyle Porter, Tyler Hammond

K Jason Fleming
P Tony Malone

Philly
All Conference

Re: Portsmouth decade team 00-10

Post by Philly »

Wow, what a bunch of boys! Don't forget Seth Stienhauer. He put his all into a game.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Philly wrote:Wow, what a bunch of boys! Don't forget Seth Stienhauer. He put his all into a game.
Wow Philly, good point Seth has to at least be in the talk. I don't know how I missed Avery though. He has to be at least a first back up on this list. I have no clue how he slippped my mind. Avery dominated at the tackel positon. Avery Smith, I know you don't want to toot your own sons horn, but he has to be in the conversation. Avery was a beast.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

the 2001 offensive line was one of the best I have seen at the high school level, Ill never forget the effort they put in during the Newark Licking Valley game at Lancaster, it broke my heart to see that team lose, I liked em as much if not better than the 2000 AP Title team

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

2001 turned into a pretty good line, as the season went on. If I remember correctly they only had 1 starter back from the A.P. year before. That being Bruce Kalb who moved from guard to center, then everyone else was a first year starter. Tackles were sophomore Gerald Codogan, junior Avery Smith, guards were juniors Dave Borne, and Kyle Mitchell. Also seeing time were sophomore Jarrod Toppins, and juniors Matt Whitt, and D.J. Mosley.
I would probably rank the 2001 line as the 3rd best from 00-10, behind the 2000 line, and the 2002 line. 2002 had everyone back with the of Kalb, but started 4 seniors and Cadogan.
2000 however was the best in my opinion. All were seniors except for Kalb, who was a junior. Center Matt Howbert, guard Bruce Kalb, guard Jeff Sword/Eric Wamsley, tackles Mike McMahon and Curtis Miller. Howbert, McMahon and Miller were all 3 year starters on the line, and Swords and Wamsley were on defense. Even Kalb was experienced having saw significant time his sophomore year as first backup. This group was just incredible; they had size speed and experience, and then a pretty quality group behind them as backups. Just my opinion but 2000, was just a special group.

I'm like you though I liked that 01, and the 02 group as well, they weren't as physically talented or as big as the 2000 group but were incredibly hardnosed, and busted their tails to become better.

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

No, I didn't want to add Avery to that list! Even Avery knew he wasn't the best on the line, but he loved playing with those guys.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Have to disagree with you Philly. Avery was pretty good, he has to be in the conversation.

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

Thank you for your kind words, it would have made Avery smile. I have had him on my mind all day with Curt loosing his beautiful Courtney. My heart hurts for them, and there isn't nothing I can do.

Return to “Football”