Reasons you won't attend the state finals? Update: Prices included

Paladin
SEOP

Re: Reasons you won't attend the state finals?

Post by Paladin »

Watching the games on TV is fine with me. Concession stand here is better, 50 yd line seat, temp control and no parking issue. Did I mention the price is right ? And the recliner beats a cold hard seat, lol.

Have gun, will travel
ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Too far... how about a central location! Like IdK Columbus!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

http://ohsaa.org/news-media/articles/Ar ... ow-on-Sale

All-Session Premium Gold Seats with Stadium Club and Pro Football Hall of Fame Access: $126.50 per person (7 games)18.07 PER GAME
All-Session Premium Gold Seats and Pro Football Hall of Fame Access: $109.25 per person (7 games)15.60 PER GAME
All-Session Blue Seats (General Admission Sections) and Pro Football Hall of Fame Access: $97.75 per person (7 games)13.96 PER GAME
FRIDAY NO 3 GAME PACKAGE OFFERED
Saturday Three-Game Package: $40.25 per person (3 games)13.41 PER GAME

Fan parking will be $5 per car, located at the nearby Stark County Fairgrounds, with free shuttle service to the stadium. There is no advance sale of parking passes.

Single-game tickets will be available during the week of the state championship games, including for $11 ONLY AT THE STATE FINALIST SCHOOLS

NO SINGLE GAME TICKETS PRICES AVAILABLE YET.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Paladin wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:48 am Watching the games on TV is fine with me. Concession stand here is better, 50 yd line seat, temp control and no parking issue. Did I mention the price is right ? And the recliner beats a cold hard seat, lol.
Bingo.

Sykotyk
Waterboy

Re: Reasons you won't attend the state finals? Update: Prices included

Post by Sykotyk »

I won't be going. And the venue or price isn't the issue. The 10am, 3pm, and 8pm start times on Friday and Saturday just make it a royal pain to make all seven. If it was just me going, I could probably manage and be happy. But, wife and kid? Sorry. That last game takes 3 hours and that's 13 hours from the kickoff of one game to the end of the last game. And for three games?

Other states cram four into that same window (or less) for one simple ticket where you're not shooed out of the venue each time to make sure you have to pay again to reenter. Most other states don't do it Ohio's way.

If the argument that most fans are only attending one game, what's the overriding purpose to ensure each game costs a new ticket and requires a refresh of the stadium?

Some states that HAVE to do it that way due to logistical issues. Pennsylvania's preferred stadium is Hersheypark Stadium in Hershey, but they only come equipped with one locker room per side. Instead, with the switch to 6 classes, they're doing two games on Thursday, two on Friday, and two on Saturday. 1p/7p on Thu and Fri, and 12p/6p on Saturday. Each ticket for each game is $7, and you can get into the night game with your ticket stub from the earlier game. Parking is free and plentiful since it's at Hersheypark.

Indiana plays all six at Lucas Oil Stadium over two days. Three games a day. 12pm-330pm-7pm for one $10 ticket. Parking is $10 onsite. You can leave and reenter without paying for a new ticket.

Illinois and Michigan both have eight games and schedule two quadrupleheaders. Michigan at Ford Field and Illinois alternates between Champaign's Memorial Stadium and DeKalb's Huskie Stadium. Both states charge $10 and allow you to leave and reenter, and it's an all-day pass. Ford FIeld parking is a little pricier ($15 right at the stadium), though Illinois was cheaper (I think $5, but can't remember off hand).

Wisconsin has seven games over two days (4 on Thursday, 3 on Friday to avoid interfering with Wisconsin, since their titles are earlier than Ohio). Again, though, tickets are $10 for 'all day' or $8 if you don't mind not being able to leave and reenter (you can stay as long as you like). Parking was free, but they shuttle you in since Camp Randall is nowhere close to anything with adequate parking.

Iowa has 12 semifinals at the UNI Dome (four quadrupleheaders THU, FRI, SAT) one week and then the six Championships also at the UNI Dome (THU and FRI, again to avoid UNI's home game after having the place all weekend the week before). Iowa does 'sessions' for the semifinals. Thursday is two sessions ($12 each), and Friday and Saturday are all-day sessions for the same $12. The title games are $12/day as one session each. Parking is $5 onsite.

Minnesota has 14 semifinals at US Bank Stadium (4 on THU, 5 on FRI and SAT). Tickets are $14 per day and allow reentry. One ticket is good all day. Parking is expensive downtown. $11 is the cheapest I found. We just took the metro in from the hotel for 50c on the downtown rate. Round trip was $2 from the hotel. $42 to see 14 games. FRI and SAT games start at 9am, though). Title games are over two days, four on Friday and three on Saturday. Individual tickets are $14 per day OR $23 for a two-day pass.

South Dakota plays in the very small DakotaDome and has reserved seating for adults and general admission for students. Because of the size of the stadium, they do sessions. The two smallest 9man titles are Thursday morning for one session. Then the biggest 9man title is Thursday night by itself. The 4 11-man titles are separate sessions on Friday 1pm/7pm and Saturday 1pm/7pm. Tickets are $15 each, but parking is free. Student and presale tickets are cheaper ($9 for students). The way it works is students sit in the USD student section on the far side of the field. Reserved seating (about 7000-8000 seats) is on the home side.

Nebraska plays at Memorial Stadium and has six games. Three games a day. They do the Ohio way and charge separate tickets for each game and clear the stadium. Tickets were only $7 per game, though. For six games, that's $42. Parking wasn't close, as they hold their titles the Monday and Tuesdays before Thanksgiving. This conflicts with college and downtown parking, so the lot for the games is a fair walk away, but only $5. The good thing about them clearing the stadium between games is that you are downtown Lincoln and have a ton of stuff immediately around the stadium to go and eat. Their schedule is 10:15-2:45-7:15. So, that sucks. Parking is minimal, so I can see why they want to space it out for fans of each game. But tickets are dirt cheap there.

Texas plays all 12 UIL title games at AT&T Stadium in Arlington. After bringing 6-man to Arlington (the week before), and now the week of (on Wednesdays), this upcoming year will be the first with four tripleheaders. 2 6-man games on Wendesday, followed by an 11-man. Then three eleven-man titles each day for the next three days. Games were 12-4-8 for years, but also now have moved it up to 11 since they ALWAYS failed to kickoff the last game at 8pm. Tickets though are $15 for the day. Reentry allowed (though not really advertised). Parking is expensive as Jerry World controls all the lots around the stadium ($10). There is no where else to park for free. And no mass transit goes to Arlington, either. But, $15 for 3 games is still $5/game for one of the best state football titles in one of the best stadiums in the country.

Louisiana has theirs at the Superdome. 4 private school titles one week and 5 public school titles the next. Until they figure out how to recombine the two, that's the format. The 5 games were over two days tickets. No reentry allowed, but the games were spaced quickly. 2 games one evening, 3 games all day the next. Parking was onsite for $5. For 2017, they're playing all 9 games the same weekend again (3 days of 3 games each).

Georgia was expensive even at the Georgia Dome. No clue the new stadium. Former stadium was $20 day of sale. $18 presale. Students were a lot cheaper, though. No reentry, buut all games were on one ticket. Now there's seven titles, I assume it's still $20/day so $40 to see 7 games. Parking is ridiculous. Mass transit into town from your hotel is the way to go.

New York has all five titles at the Carrier Dome.One ticket each day. Reentry allowed. $10 tickets.

New Jersey plays all 23 titles at 4 locations. 10 at MetLife Stadium, 4 at Rutgers, 4 at Kean, and 5 at Rowan. MetLife was $9 tickets, $10 parking. All day for however many games. Rowan was $5.50/day and free parking.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Re: Reasons you won't attend the state finals? Update: Prices included

Post by sapientia et veritas »

I'm only interested in D-III and only if Hartley is there. I cut the cord this last year, so I'm not even going to watch any games on TV. Life's too busy. If by some miracle Hartley makes it and the game is 8:00, then I'll probably go to Mass before the game, drive home during the night, and contribute $2-3 to the local economy by purchasing a caffeinated beverage for the drive back - maybe. I could probably drive 77 home blindfolded and asleep by now. The wife will probably want to do Best Burger. She usually does. This year I'm taking a chisel for the ice on the seats.

Return to “Football”