Portsmouth West vs. Portsmouth

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Portsmouth West vs. Portsmouth

Post by Black@Orange »

I think West is to strong up front. On both sides of the ball, especially if Cooper plays this week. Offensively I hope Auger can play. I like the backs, with Auger, Bricker, and Meeker. Auger can take it to the house on any play. Bricker will flat out, knock you on your a$$. If you try to tackle Meeker. You better, grab ahold and hold on till help gets there. Focus on them and Ratliff will burn you, with play action. On defense we need to pressure the QB, to help our corners. they need some more games under their belts. D-line looked good. I thought Savage, Carnes, and Meeker,had outstanding games Friday. Alot of these boys were starters two years ago. And I'm sure they want to avenge that loss.
I think West wins this one.

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Portsmouth West vs. Portsmouth

Post by Westfan »

would love to see Auger back. He was having a big game friday. He is one of the better players in the area. His speed would really show on that turf, plus he's one of the corners.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Who did West play week 1?

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

They crushed fairland in week 1.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

I agree, Portsmouth has O chance to beat the siders this year, west is way to strong and fast,I would say is will be a repeat of what Burg did to the Trojans on their first trip to the new complex, Portsmouth got beat by a very weak Wilmington team,West beat Fairland, a team that could beat Willmigton easy.

west will name the score

bigcline81
Riding the Bench

Post by bigcline81 »

i would like to see the mighty fairland team beat willmigton, i think willmigton would beat fairland by a couple of scores. I think west and portsmouth will be a good game, and west better hope they can cover good cause portsmouth can air the ball out!!

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

Black@Orange wrote:I think West is to strong up front. On both sides of the ball, especially if Cooper plays this week. Offensively I hope Auger can play. I like the backs, with Auger, Bricker, and Meeker. Auger can take it to the house on any play. Bricker will flat out, knock you on your a$$. If you try to tackle Meeker. You better, grab ahold and hold on till help gets there. Focus on them and Ratliff will burn you, with play action. On defense we need to pressure the QB, to help our corners. they need some more games under their belts. D-line looked good. I thought Savage, Carnes, and Meeker,had outstanding games Friday. Alot of these boys were starters two years ago. And I'm sure they want to avenge that loss.
The corners need more games under their belt? They are both seniors and been there since pee wee accept for auger last year.

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

DIDO wrote:
Black@Orange wrote:I think West is to strong up front. On both sides of the ball, especially if Cooper plays this week. Offensively I hope Auger can play. I like the backs, with Auger, Bricker, and Meeker. Auger can take it to the house on any play. Bricker will flat out, knock you on your a$$. If you try to tackle Meeker. You better, grab ahold and hold on till help gets there. Focus on them and Ratliff will burn you, with play action. On defense we need to pressure the QB, to help our corners. they need some more games under their belts. D-line looked good. I thought Savage, Carnes, and Meeker,had outstanding games Friday. Alot of these boys were starters two years ago. And I'm sure they want to avenge that loss.
The corners need more games under their belt? They are both seniors and been there since pee wee accept for auger last year.[/quote]

Both of our starters from last graduated. And Summers sat out a year, so no he's not been there since pee-wee. Auger was at d-end last year. So yes I'd like to see them with more games under their belts. Both are very quick and athletic. So we'll be fine.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

yea West will be fine , much much stronger thanks to the wight program of Tripp,and musch much faster then Portsmouth in the skill positions,,GONA BE A BEAT DOWN IN P TOWN------

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Yeah i don't think Wilmington is a weak team are they going to make the playoffs maybe maybe not but there tough and didn't give up they ran the ball well i think Wilmington would beat Fairland ! As for this game it's going to be run vs pass ! I'm not sure if West can defend Portsmouth passing game but then again im not sure Portsmouth can stop West running game ! This is always a big game and i expect nothing less ! I'm not sure why ud say theres 0 chance Portsmouth wins this game because anything can happen !

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

P-Town has their hands full in this one. West is tough, physical and young. Bullet Bob Shafer has been on the sidelines a few times as well.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

PHS should be able to throw on West, and I believe with our improved kickoffs, should be able to slow West down more than they did last year. The Senators will put up points but if PHS can forget about what happened at Wilmington this will be a ball game.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

As Fairland found out, Portsmouth has alot more to defend than just the power running game. This is the best passing team West has had since 1990. Speed all-over and a very good QB teamed with a line capable of protecting him. Fairland tried 10 in the box to start the game and West made them come out of that real quick.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

I don’t expect to see Portsmouth load the box like that unless West is just pounding it on them. PHS has the speed to defend the pass, West in my opinion will be relying on the run, against PHS.
I think we may see a lot of points scored in this one.

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

Portsmouth I think is hungry and will avenge their 4th quarter meltdown. Porstmouth 28 West 20

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

looks like Portsmouth crumbling early west easy

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

Saw PHS have no luck against SOC 2 already , albeit a scrimmage. West runs wild.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The Trojans can win this game.........but WE MUST HANG ONTO THE FOOTBALL!!........No turnovers........and hopefully our kids will get the cramping problem under control........it looks like the weather will be quite warm for this game.........and WE MUST MAKE our PAT's!!

Hopefully Zaide can kickoff into the end zone just like he did vs. Wilmington.......that was a HUGE asset for our defense. Wilmington never scored when they started on the 20.

GO TROJANS!!

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

If we play 4 quarters the way we did the fist 2.5 quarters we not only can but will win this game. Zaide will continue to have strong kickoffs, and our D will be improved because of it. We did not give up points until we gave them short field.
West is better than Wilmington so don’t expect the defensive to do as well, but I expect a good showing still.
Dave is right WE MUST NOT TURN THE BALL OVER. If we punted every time we turned the ball over we would have beat Wilmington. We will have to be mistake free vs West.
Cramps although unacceptable did not lose the game. Cody Stapleton did very good when coming in and I feel confident that if he is forced in to action again he will do the same. Johnnie getting knocked out was a big lose, he was running the ball well at that time. This was unavoidable, can’t wait to have him back.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I think sportsfan43 is trying to get something started as for the game I think it should be a pretty good ballgame I sure hope Auger is able to play not only for offense and defense but his kicking on the one kickoff the other night it looked like the ball almost went through the uprights I sure hope Cooper comes back this week he is a beast on the d-line he can really put pressure on the qb.

Return to “Football”