State finals attendance down again

knightruner
JV Team

Re: State finals attendance down again

Post by knightruner »

Unless I have a team in the final I won't be going to Canton or Mass. Hate the place and I have already seen the Hall of Fame and it was a let down too. If I was a kid playing I know where I would want to play and that would be in the Shoe. You have no trouble getting a seat at the shoe but at Canton or Mass you may very well have trouble getting the seat you want. They should go back with Div 1 on Saturday night too.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Canton sucks

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Y'all got fair enough arguments as to why it should be in the Shoe. Can't argue or call any of you wrong, because your right. Believe it or not if I was playing I would be that weirdo that would rather play in Canton simply because I view that as the football capital. However, the vast majority of kids would prefer the Shoe and I'm not going to argue that because that would be silly.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote:Canton sucks
Agree, keep it at the shoe. Fair for all on travel time being in the center of State. Shouldn't be moved around either IMO! It's common sense to have it at the shoe! If money is the problem to run the place because of low attendance there is other places to have it in the Capital city. Crew stadium would be another good place and fair for all on travel time and costs. Who cares if Canton is the Birth place :?: :?: Lots of Birth places for things. Don't mean events need to take place at them. Fairness for travel and the big time college feeling for the kids playing in the Shoe makes it perfect. I think these deep southern teams and the majority of it's people would very much agree that Columbus is fair. Bet Cincinnati people would like to keep it in the Shoe or in the surrounding area of C-Bus. No questions. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Just as it id unfair to hold the softball finals 4 hours from most of So Ohio its unfair to not have the finals in central Ohio. Travel should be as equal for everyone as possible.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Agree 100% Dan.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

knightruner wrote:Unless I have a team in the final I won't be going to Canton or Mass. Hate the place and I have already seen the Hall of Fame and it was a let down too. If I was a kid playing I know where I would want to play and that would be in the Shoe. You have no trouble getting a seat at the shoe but at Canton or Mass you may very well have trouble getting the seat you want. They should go back with Div 1 on Saturday night too.

I'm with runner here.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I say keep them at ohio state. bunch the games together. do it 4 games on Saturday 3 on sunday. and make all day events. where everybody can stay for all games if the wish with their ticket. even if it has to be a higher priced ticket. if I were going to them I'd love the opportunity to see 4 games. hang out all day at the shoe. eat there walk around and actually get a chance to check out everything. and when your game is over. let the next crowd set there, and move away a bit. not a bad seat in the house. the place is unforgettable. and that way the kids would see more of a crowd as well.if they done that I'm pretty sure I'd be interested in going.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I say keep them at ohio state. bunch the games together. do it 4 games on Saturday 3 on sunday. and make all day events. where everybody can stay for all games if the wish with their ticket. even if it has to be a higher priced ticket. if I were going to them I'd love the opportunity to see 4 games. hang out all day at the shoe. eat there walk around and actually get a chance to check out everything. and when your game is over. let the next crowd set there, and move away a bit. not a bad seat in the house. the place is unforgettable. and that way the kids would see more of a crowd as well.if they done that I'm pretty sure I'd be interested in going.
That's a good point bait. 4 games Saturday and 3 on Sunday in the Shoe. No Thursday or Friday games. Make it possible to buy all day tickets for a value or sell tickets that include prepaid food. They will make more money by lowering ticket prices if there is incentive to buy concessions. Do this and attendance will double.

I can't get off work on Friday or justify taking kids out of school for football. Also I can't drive and make a 10 o'clock game in Canton and drive home without a hotel for 2 nights. That isn't feasible financially for me. I can drive up and back easily from Columbus, especially on a weekend if they start the late game earlier.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Maybe their taking it back to Canton for a year to make it more fair for the teams actually playing. Other than Cincinnati it's not like the southern part of the state ever plays in week 15 :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I think what I said would work.
make it like a festival type thing.

hegotgame
Riding the Bench

Post by hegotgame »

I live about 30 minutes from the Hall of Fame and about an hour and 30 minutes from the horseshoe. So naturally i want it coming back to canton. It actually creates a HS football atmosphere. Im not sure how gameday made his post saying the seating is bad, went by the HOF stadium last night and there are no home seats right now because it is under construction lol. But the away seats are very nice.

Now word on the canton streets are that they are not using Paul Brown (massilion) any more. They are going to keep the same format as they are using with the shoe for the new HOF stadium. The ONLY issue with the new stadium will be parking. Everything else is nice.

I understand the kid argument and the being more fair of a place argument.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm just gonna say I think everything is fair about having them in Columbus.
the only difference anywhere is that it may seem more crowded in a smaller facility. look at the facilities, hotels, rest's, travel, parking,kids getting to maybe go places there they have never been, even a trip to conrads or anything, rest rooms how could anybody dispute the facilities. if I'm a kid either from ironton or Cleveland. I wanna play where the mighty buckeyes play. maybe get a chance to meet urban and some buckeyes, and see the hallowed grounds of the inside of the horseshoe. and however you cut it whether you play for Columbus bishop Hartley or Cleveland saint ignatious it still is a centrally located site with the best facilities and parking in the whole nation.i don't see how that could ever be disputed. and if people from massilon canton are not attending because they are in Columbus. think about all the trips a team like ironton made to Massillon, canton, akron and the like.---- and nice to meet you hegotgame, welcome to seops.

Greenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Greenwave »

Stan_Marsh wrote:Maybe their taking it back to Canton for a year to make it more fair for the teams actually playing. Other than Cincinnati it's not like the southern part of the state ever plays in week 15 :lol:
It is a 2 year rotation at Tom benson stadium formally Fawcett stadium. Then back to Osu for 2 .
Most of the teams were from northeast Ohio this year.
And Mari local and coldwater fans will go anywhere.

In the 80's they had 5 divisions at Osu
2 games Friday 2 Saturday and division 1 was Sunday.

The rotation makes it fair For both Columbus and canton
The Cincinnati area lost the bid to host also Toledo.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Kids want to play at Ohio State /end

But Canton and Massillon people cry pretty loud

Why not play in all 5 areas, Cincinnati, Columbus, Toledo, Canton, and Athens. Ohio university has an indoor football field for the teams to practice before the games. Easy drive plus can seat up to 30,000 if needed

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Fans from the Canton area will not travel to watch the games in Central, Ohio and fans from the state won't travel to Canton to watch the games there. Especially if the price is 15 bucks a game(or a lower prices from the bad seats like they are at OSU)

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Oh look, another thread of you complaining. That is 4 that stay on the front page!

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Whines and complains every year.
If memory serves me right he tried to get into one of our games for free. He said he was a media writer because he wrote for Web sites.... pay up bub.
He never complains about how much he spent on gas or food . Just complains bout $$$ that go to the kids directly or indirectly.
WEAK

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Yes back when I was getting a pass at all of the schools I did write to I got a pass at every school but Nelsonville. I had no problem with that.
I paid my ticket and do so at every Ohio game I attend now, with the exception of Paint Valley games because their coach and I are fiends and he always puts me on the pass list. And no I have never ask him to do so.

To my stalker please show me where I posted I was lucky enough to take in 100 games.
Only on fan I know is lucky enough to take in that many games and he does so with his wife.
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Media writer ha ha ha
Musta stayed at a holiday Inn express

Return to “Football”