2011 Logan Football

moonshine
SEO

2011 Logan Football

Post by moonshine »

Any updates on numbers and conditioning so far?

Binary
JV Team

Re: 2011 Logan Football

Post by Binary »

Should see a major improvement from last year or a new coach we be in the near future.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Run Baby Run!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Somewhere out there the next great Logan team is taking shape. It will come from kids who develop a close bond early in their football lives and realize hard work and determination are what it takes to succeed. Sometimes I think underclassmen who are exposed to great successes by their predecessors lose sight of what it took to achieve that success.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

dazed&confused wrote:Somewhere out there the next great Logan team is taking shape. It will come from kids who develop a close bond early in their football lives and realize hard work and determination are what it takes to succeed. Sometimes I think underclassmen who are exposed to great successes by their predecessors lose sight of what it took to achieve that success.
I think fans, and especially assisstant coaches lose sight of what it takes to be a great head coach who can lead a team to great succss. Being a successful head coach involves much more than calling plays.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Binary wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:Somewhere out there the next great Logan team is taking shape. It will come from kids who develop a close bond early in their football lives and realize hard work and determination are what it takes to succeed. Sometimes I think underclassmen who are exposed to great successes by their predecessors lose sight of what it took to achieve that success.
I think fans, and especially assisstant coaches lose sight of what it takes to be a great head coach who can lead a team to great succss. Being a successful head coach involves much more than calling plays.
It takes 2-3 years to establish your program! at Logan we have talent and the staff just needs to understand how to coach to the talent. This year we should be a strong ground team but we need to also work hard on the passing game, I believe we should look at a mix of 65% run and 35% pass, push a phyical and strong defense and develop an outstanding special team with very few mistakes. We must limit the trunovers!

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

Good points shine. I like how you think. Are you on the staff? If not, you should be. If you are, you should try to get them to hire Koondogger as a consultant. Many folks forget he was undefeated as a jr high football coach several seasons during his 18 years at the helm. If you think he coaches basketball well, you should see him strolling the sidelines of the gridiron. :mrgreen:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

havent heard much. alot of them have been hitting the wieght room hard core i was told. but the run game is a big factor in getting w's this fall. hope the coach brings it back. tighten up the defense too. amyx always had a stout defense. who is the defensive coordinator now? anybody know?
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Trenchfoot I heard they was taking the whole summer off,,,last year they didn't get started till sometime in July,,,Wolfe said in his first interview June was family month,get away from football and go on vacations and stuff,,,They'll git er going in July don't worry

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:Trenchfoot I heard they was taking the whole summer off,,,last year they didn't get started till sometime in July,,,Wolfe said in his first interview June was family month,get away from football and go on vacations and stuff,,,They'll git er going in July don't worry
where are they lifting then? at home? i heard from a good source some of those guys are getting strong and bulked up. some benching over 300 lbs. i dont know for sure but thats a good thing if its true. wow. not starting till july. these other schools i bet are getting ready probably months ago per weight lifting.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Trenchfoot wrote:
C-Bolt wrote:Trenchfoot I heard they was taking the whole summer off,,,last year they didn't get started till sometime in July,,,Wolfe said in his first interview June was family month,get away from football and go on vacations and stuff,,,They'll git er going in July don't worry
where are they lifting then? at home? i heard from a good source some of those guys are getting strong and bulked up. some benching over 300 lbs. i dont know for sure but thats a good thing if its true. wow. not starting till july. these other schools i bet are getting ready probably months ago per weight lifting.
Wow what a mistake taking June off, maybe the frist 2 weeks, but the entire month. This is the time of the year that winners are developed, bonding takes place, you dont have to be a slave driver! We always conditioned as allowed every opportunity OHSAA permitted. Remenber LIFT RUN and SWIM. Logan's moto this year should be BACK TO BASICS!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

They taking June off
Last edited by 1987chieftains on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

1987chieftains wrote:they not taking june off! i have seen players in the weight room working out when my son has bball practice.
Thanks for clearing this up, I might check out the lifting program, again thanks1

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The coach has probably left it up to the player for June.

It sort of lets them know certain things.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

noreply66 wrote:The coach has probably left it up to the player for June.

Who is guiding and supervising the players, wow I hope it is not left it up to the players only, you need a motivator! Are we using what the rules allows us to do as far as lifting and conditioning?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

moonshine wrote:
noreply66 wrote:The coach has probably left it up to the player for June.

Who is guiding and supervising the players, wow I hope it is not left it up to the players only, you need a motivator! Are we using what the rules allows us to do as far as lifting and conditioning?
yep they need a motivator in the weight room.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

And something else to consider,its not just football some of the players think about in June especially the skill players if they are indeed engaged in schools sports and not doing family stuff,they got all these other camps going on ie Basketball,Baseball, Track,Wrestling, Tennis so football is probably on the backburner until at least July,I agree you need a motivator if they're going to lift,too easy to sandbag and horse around just doing it on their own....

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

C-Bolt wrote:And something else to consider,its not just football some of the players think about in June especially the skill players if they are indeed engaged in schools sports and not doing family stuff,they got all these other camps going on ie Basketball,Baseball, Track,Wrestling, Tennis so football is probably on the backburner until at least July,I agree you need a motivator if they're going to lift,too easy to sandbag and horse around just doing it on their own....
C-Bolt, I agree with almost all of your post, but most of the line and some skill position players are still free to particpate most of the time. We had a MOTIVATOR, and back in the day the MOTIVATOR was very demanding enough said! Come the 1st of July it will be to late to push the kids! Logan Football is BACK to the BASICS!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

gotta lift hard now. get ready for the big boys. lancaster, pick north, etc. and steve coates pioneers will come into chieftain stadium more than ready. he loves to run his players to the kilt in practice. they will have a big second wind the 2nd half gauranteed. put more weight on that bar c-bolt. steve coates for real. gotta get ready now. u going to that game c-bolt? it otta be a dandy.
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Trenchfoot wrote:gotta lift hard now. get ready for the big boys. lancaster, pick north, etc. and steve coates pioneers will come into chieftain stadium more than ready. he loves to run his players to the kilt in practice. they will have a big second wind the 2nd half gauranteed. put more weight on that bar c-bolt. steve coates for real. gotta get ready now.
Coach Coates remembers being run out of town, look out they will try to run the score up!, He put a beating on ironton last year at the tank.

Return to “Football”