Lancaster vs. Logan Week 1

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Lancaster vs. Logan Week 1

Post by lhsfan97 »

Lancaster returns very good team for this years season. What does Logan look like this year? I see the Gales starting this season 1-0

C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: Lancaster vs. Logan Week 1

Post by C-Bolt »

I doubt many people will dispute your claim this year,I have not heard many good things yet,Logan might go back to the power running game but they still got to play defense and special teams, they should have a good size line with an experienced running back but QB is a complete unknown right now, I recently heard a rumor some of the seniors are not even showing up so it looks like the young-ins are going to have to step up this year if Logan is going to make some noise..Heard the Gales have a linebacker going to Ohio State next year,whats his height and weight lhs97?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:I doubt many people will dispute your claim this year,I have not heard many good things yet,Logan might go back to the power running game but they still got to play defense and special teams, they should have a good size line with an experienced running back but QB is a complete unknown right now, I recently heard a rumor some of the seniors are not even showing up so it looks like the young-ins are going to have to step up this year if Logan is going to make some noise..Heard the Gales have a linebacker going to Ohio State next year,whats his height and weight lhs97?
i heard the same c-bolt. a few seniors not showing up here and there for conditioning. not good if its true. lets hope that it isnt. dont know the size of that linebacker for lancaster but he's a hitting machine i was told. look out!

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

6'2" 225 lbs

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Blackjack wrote:6'2" 225 lbs
perfect size for linebacker. wow! ohio state is lovin that.

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

Here is a list of notable players returning for Lancaster this season

LB Luke Roberts (6'2, 225, Sr.)- Ohio State
DE Aaron Woosley (6'4, 260, Sr.)- Ball State?
OL Jordan Francis (6'2, 270, Sr.)
OL Kevin Miller (6'2, 265, Sr.)
DB Ethan Jones (5'10, 175, sr.)
RB Bradon Meadows (6'0, 190, Sr.)
TE/LB Jesse Reliford (6'2 210, Sr.)
RB/LB Isiah Dexter (6'2, 225, So.)
TE/DL Chris McClurg (6'0, 220, Sr.)
TE Ryan Thomas (6'6, 210, Jr.)
QB Riley Theiss (6'2, 190, Jr.)
WR Justin Sharp (6'3, 195, Jr.)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Seniors not showing up is never a good thing.

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:Seniors not showing up is never a good thing.
In almost all cases I would agree with you but if your trying to rebuild a program and the seniors hearts aren't into it your better off not having them on the team and developing your yonger talent.....but the way logan fans are if this guy doesn't get back to winning soon it won't be pretty in hocking county

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I agree, if they don't have their heart really into it they don't need to be there,it takes a team to win and a few bad apples could rub off on the whole team,,, this is the time of the year when the team has to work hard and be together and have trust in one another,lets hope the younger players don't let this bother them and I suspect it won't, if this is all really true...

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

lhsfan97 wrote:Here is a list of notable players returning for Lancaster this season

LB Luke Roberts (6'2, 225, Sr.)- Ohio State
DE Aaron Woosley (6'4, 260, Sr.)- Ball State?
OL Jordan Francis (6'2, 270, Sr.)
OL Kevin Miller (6'2, 265, Sr.)
DB Ethan Jones (5'10, 175, sr.)
RB Bradon Meadows (6'0, 190, Sr.)
TE/LB Jesse Reliford (6'2 210, Sr.)
RB/LB Isiah Dexter (6'2, 225, So.)
TE/DL Chris McClurg (6'0, 220, Sr.)
TE Ryan Thomas (6'6, 210, Jr.)
QB Riley Theiss (6'2, 190, Jr.)
WR Justin Sharp (6'3, 195, Jr.)
those are some big boys.

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

chiefs will have a hugh front line and a solid defense,good rb lets hope thats enough for lancaster.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i know there are some underclassman chomping at the bit. so if the seniors wanta be lazy them let them..... i'd take a kids that wants to play over a kid that thinks got it wrapped up b/c he's a senior.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

know all wrote:chiefs will have a hugh front line and a solid defense,good rb lets hope thats enough for lancaster.
I really don't see a hugh front line??????????

Bengals31
Waterboy

Post by Bengals31 »

I wouldn't say the line is huge but they are normal sized line...lancaster corners/linebacker's aren't gonna be able to stop are speed players and Logan's qb has a arm,he Just needs to work on staying in the pocket and making right decisions and he will be fine

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Bengals31 wrote:I wouldn't say the line is huge but they are normal sized line...lancaster corners/linebacker's aren't gonna be able to stop are speed players and Logan's qb has a arm,he Just needs to work on staying in the pocket and making right decisions and he will be fine
So wise one tell us who are our speed players are and tells us who our QB is, Oh wise one!
Last edited by moonshine on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

Bengals31 wrote:I wouldn't say the line is huge but they are normal sized line...lancaster corners/linebacker's aren't gonna be able to stop are speed players and Logan's qb has a arm,he Just needs to work on staying in the pocket and making right decisions and he will be fine
The problem is if Lancaster establishes their dominate running game early Logan won't have much time to score their td's.....hopefully your defense can hold up during the 6-8 minute scoring drives the gales will be producing on that hot august night....

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

I look for a close game with Lancaster the slight favorite. A little early yet for predictions -- injuries, kids who don't come out, talent not developed yet or new O or D makes for a guess. And the heat works against both teams early in the season. But a good opener for both.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

As of now with so many unknowns, the wind should take this one by 4 td. Remember it is very early and many things could and will happen!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

i agree. its awful early yet.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Lancaster's big boys didn't wear down much smaller Logan in that first one (Game of the Century) a game the Gales should have won easily with all their talent and size,but the heat seemed to wear on the Gales big line that night more than Logans smaller quick line and Logan made a game of it,if its hot the bigger team sometimes struggle with fatigue,,still remember Logans little line stuffing them 4 straight times on the one half yard line in the second half, a Gales line that consisted of a future OSU standout and and two more that went to OU I believe
Last edited by C-Bolt on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”