Point Pleasant(WV) heading to the State Finals against Wayne

RJ7171C71R
Riding the Bench

Point Pleasant(WV) heading to the State Finals against Wayne

Post by RJ7171C71R »

The Point Pleasant Big Blacks beat Chapmanville 33-13 this afternoon and will face Wayne in a Big rematch in the class AA State Championship Game at Wheeling on Friday Night at 7:30!I cant wait to go and root on the Big Blacks!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Point Pleasant(WV) heading to the State Finals against W

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Congrats to the Big Blacks from this Wahama alum for the semi-final win today. Next week you'll again be facing a team you beat in the regular season but they've gotten better IMO from that game early in the season and beat a 12-0 Shady Spring team by 43 points last night. I hope you guys can win it for all of Mason County, Good Luck !!!!!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

GOOD LUCK POINT!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go PP

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Nice job Point!!! One more to go!!! Good luck from Gallia county!!!!

Ovcman
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovcman »

Go wayne!

Sgrebel_654
Waterboy

Post by Sgrebel_654 »

Go Big BLacks!! From mercervegas

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Got a final here?

Ovcman
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovcman »

Wayne wins 34 to 7. That's what I hear.

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

WOW

Congrats. It looks like a lot of Southern Ohio Teams could have won this state title in WV

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

Why? Did any of them play and beat Point? I know Vinton Co played them but that's all I can think of.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Congrats to the boys from OW. Must say though, I am a bit surprised by the outcome.

Wish Gallia Academy would find a way to renew the rivalry with Point, or even try to get Wayne on the schedule.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Chesapeake wins AA wv state championship. Oh and i have always wanted to see ironton beat the crap out of wayne or any of the big three in huntington.

Ontheriver
Freshman Team

Post by Ontheriver »

goUK wrote:Chesapeake wins AA wv state championship. Oh and i have always wanted to see ironton beat the crap out of wayne or any of the big three in huntington.
This is a very uneducated statement. So by far! Wayne is one of the most improved team in the Tri-State area, my wife even picked up on that.

Point Pleasant pounded Chesapeake for the last 3 years. This year 49 - 6 , Great Job done by Coach Darst in his 4th year as head coach taking them to a state playoff game. I wouldnt think Cheasapeke wins any title.

They also pounded Vinton County 42 - 7 , As did Jackson by 42 pts, Athens 40 pts. , Nellsonville York 41 pts. All Southern Ohio power house teams this year, all with a short playoff run. So I would say it would have been a Good game with any of these 3 teams playing Point Pleasant. Definitly not a gimme for the Ohio teams.

As for Ironton , they got a whoppen by Ashland Ky 28 - 6. As George Washington WV. beat Ashland 18 - 14, and GW is in the state final in WV. And I believe Ironton is one of the best teams in Southern Ohio. I may be wrong though, I'll let you answer that.

Now for Wahama, I beat there's some teams in the TVC that wishes they would have not came across the river. It took a WV team to finally beat them. They beat a decent Trimble team by Scoring 47 pts on them as Symmes Valley only scored 28 on them and both were in the Ohio playoffs.

So to sum this all up, NOT SO FAST "goUK" , get the facts before you bragg up Southern Ohio football, West Virginia would hold there own with Southern Ohio Football.

Now if you want to start a new tread on Northern Ohio Football is better than West Virginia Football I would agree with you.

Dont take this wrong, I'm from southern Ohio, I've just been around WV sports and they can compete with Southern Ohio sports.

Point Pleasants Wrestling team for example has made it miserable, actually down right embarrassing for any Southern Ohio team.

XxBUCKEYESxX
Waterboy

Post by XxBUCKEYESxX »

^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: I could be wrong but I dont recall Chesapeake playing Point Pleasant the last 3 years. And as far as Ironton goes I believe they would be in division double A in West Virginia. I also don't see Point Pleasant being able to play with Jackson. In no way am I degrading West Virginia football but I just believe that Southern Ohio football is far more superior and always has been.

Ontheriver
Freshman Team

Post by Ontheriver »

XxBUCKEYESxX wrote:^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: I could be wrong but I dont recall Chesapeake playing Point Pleasant the last 3 years. And as far as Ironton goes I believe they would be in division double A in West Virginia. I also don't see Point Pleasant being able to play with Jackson. In no way am I degrading West Virginia football but I just believe that Southern Ohio football is far more superior and always has been.
:122246 Well you are wrong xxbuckeyexx.

2011 49-6
2010 48-8
2009 35-0

Look it up if you cant find it, let me know.

As for you not seeing Point being able to play with Jackson thats just what you see as you were wrong about Point beating Chesapeake the last 3 years.

Southern Ohio Football maybe better than most of WV football but NOT superior.

Now Northern Ohio Football to Southern Ohio Football yes Superior.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

Point played South Point not Chesapeake in 09, 10, and 11.

WVUME
Waterboy

Post by WVUME »

By WVSSAC standards (WV's high school sanctioning body)...

South Point - AA
Ironton - AA
Jackson - AAA

Ontheriver
Freshman Team

Post by Ontheriver »

Larusso, Chesapeake or South Point it's all the same.

The Statement from "gouk" was Chesapeake wins State title in WV because they beat Wayne.

My message was Chesapeake wins no title because Wayne was one of the most Improved teams in the area.

Point also beat Wayne early in the season by 2 pts. 16 - 14

Chesapeake also beat Wayne early in the season by 6 pts. 14 - 8

So a much Improved Wayne Team beat Point in the Final 34 - 7.

So why wouldnt Wayne have beat Chesapeake 34 - 13 in the Final theory game.

I just get sick of hearing about how Superior and how good Southern Ohio Football is. Southern Ohio Football is actually a dead end , becuase you play the game to win a championship. And I dont see any state titles on the horizon for the Southern Ohio teams.

The FACT of the matter is Southern Ohio Football cant win a West Virginia State title and they cant win a Ohio State title so they jump on here and puff out there chest about how Superior Southern Ohio Football is by knocking WV Ball.

So my questions is why does Southern Ohio football keep playing these WV & Kentucky teams if there so much better. Why not play some tough teams from Northern Ohio.

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

wayne buffalo and c-k joined the ovc for a few years and they didn't want any more of it. they ran back to wv with their tails between there legs. cg beat buffalo one of those years 42-6 and then buffalo wins the state title in w va. there is no comparison. those teams would be lucky to make the playoffs in ohio with there rinky dink schedules.

Return to “Football”