Minford 40 Rock Hill 0

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Rock Hill @ Minford Week 1

Post by Bleeding Red »

Runner00 wrote:So who is the starting QB? Stapleton or Howard?
Looks like Stapleton. He is now eligible and I believe Howard got injured in the scrimmage against Fairland. Hated to see him get hurt. Heard it was either bruised or possibly broken ribs.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Runner00 wrote:So who is the starting QB? Stapleton or Howard?
Looks like Stapleton. He is now eligible and I believe Howard got injured in the scrimmage against Fairland. Hated to see him get hurt. Heard it was either bruised or possibly broken ribs.
If that is the case, Howard needs a look at WR.

thechosenone
Varsity

Post by thechosenone »

Gotta believe minford will take this one.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

I think my Falcons will take this one. I think that the coaches have so much talent this year, they are having a hard time putting them all together. I think the offense will take care of it's self, but the defense needs some work. The offense has to quit turning the ball over. It is hard to score, when you keep giving the ball away. I too like the young kids running the ball, they are just a Touchdown waiting to happen. And I think Stapleton will make a big difference with his feet, he makes calling plays a little easier. We have alot of speed again this year, on defense, but nobody wants to tackle. There is only a few players that will stand up and make the hit, and the tackle. It is almost like they are playing the positions for the first time. I know that they are not, but they just don't have their act together yet. To many people standing around waiting on someone else to stop the ball. But I know my old Buddy Coach M. will get them lined out.
Like I said, I think the Falcons will take this one. But with the young players we have, the coaches are going to have their hands full. After last years record, we have to learn how to win, all over again. I know it is early, but I think we have the talent to win some games this year. And who knows, maybe even enough to compete for the S.O.C. We will see!!!
Good Luck to my Falcons, let's start something Amazing this Friday!!!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

be interesting to see how this one turns out

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Bushy Tail Butcher wrote:I think my Falcons will take this one. I think that the coaches have so much talent this year, they are having a hard time putting them all together. I think the offense will take care of it's self, but the defense needs some work. The offense has to quit turning the ball over. It is hard to score, when you keep giving the ball away. I too like the young kids running the ball, they are just a Touchdown waiting to happen. And I think Stapleton will make a big difference with his feet, he makes calling plays a little easier. We have alot of speed again this year, on defense, but nobody wants to tackle. There is only a few players that will stand up and make the hit, and the tackle. It is almost like they are playing the positions for the first time. I know that they are not, but they just don't have their act together yet. To many people standing around waiting on someone else to stop the ball. But I know my old Buddy Coach M. will get them lined out.
Like I said, I think the Falcons will take this one. But with the young players we have, the coaches are going to have their hands full. After last years record, we have to learn how to win, all over again. I know it is early, but I think we have the talent to win some games this year. And who knows, maybe even enough to compete for the S.O.C. We will see!!!
Good Luck to my Falcons, let's start something Amazing this Friday!!!

Agreed. In my previous post I should have mentioned Carter and #15 (Hale?) in there as well. Carter had several really nice runs Friday night. I think they would be deep at RB with Justice, Compton, Carter, Piquett, Hale and several others that have looked good carrying the ball. #30 (dont know his name) has looked good in short yardage situations. He is a load to bring down.

I agree that the defense needs work and I am sure that Coach M will move kids around and in/out to make it work. At least they have the younger guys that are willing to give 100% and not scared to come up and hit people. It is a young group but the younger kids have all kinds of potential.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck this season to the rock hill redmen.

minfordmamma
Riding the Bench

Post by minfordmamma »

the older guys aren't afraid to hit either.....you left early friday red.....did you happen to see the D pick up when they put mccray and dyer in on the line? the line got a little fired up after those 2 boys were in there...so maybe you shouldn't dis the older boys....it seems like that for 2 years now you have had a beef with the jr. and sr. class....what's up with this.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

minfordmamma wrote:the older guys aren't afraid to hit either.....you left early friday red.....did you happen to see the D pick up when they put mccray and dyer in on the line? the line got a little fired up after those 2 boys were in there...so maybe you shouldn't dis the older boys....it seems like that for 2 years now you have had a beef with the jr. and sr. class....what's up with this.
There are a few of the older kids that are afraid of contact. I agree the D line is much better with McCray in there. For his size, speed and strength they should be when he is playing both ways.

I dont have a "beef" with anyone in the senior or junior class. There are many juniors that play well.

I am not "dissing" anyone. Fact of the matter is there are younger kids that have looked better than the older kids (playing with the starters). I dont know much about their line other than McCray. Not sure which one Dyer is.....what # is he?

If you read my post again you will see that it wasnt about the older kids on the line, it was about the skill positions. I believe there is only one senior on the line and I think the line is solid but not much depth after the starters and a couple of kids that did a good job substituting in.

The coaching staff sees these kids everyday. I have only seen what they do when everyone shows up to watch on gameday ;-)

Sorry if I hit a nerve, but I think you took my post completely wrong.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

minfordmamma wrote:the older guys aren't afraid to hit either.....you left early friday red.....did you happen to see the D pick up when they put mccray and dyer in on the line? the line got a little fired up after those 2 boys were in there...so maybe you shouldn't dis the older boys....it seems like that for 2 years now you have had a beef with the jr. and sr. class....what's up with this.

And I actually said that Minford could have a good year behind their line. So I am not sure what you are talking about with the line.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Excited to see my Falcons get things started on friday. Are there any RH posters on SEOPS anymore? I don't think I've heard a peep about Rock Hill and what they do or don't have.

At any rate I expect Minford to win this one. One game at a time.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

Best of luck to the Falcons this year!! I'm very hopeful for a rebound season. Got some very good-looking young talent. I was sorry to hear that Howard was significantly hurt @ Fairland, but the Stapleton boy stepped in and showed what he could do, coming in from Portsmouth.

As for Friday night's opening game, I believe the Falcons take this one @ home 34-18.

In addition, I want to say congrats to this year's Wall of Fame inductees.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Minford by a sizable amount

Native Blood
JV Team

Post by Native Blood »

Minford will most likely win but,If the Redmen had all their starters this would be a much closer game. We will see! Go Redmen!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Geronimo wrote:Minford will most likely win but,If the Redmen had all their starters this would be a much closer game. We will see! Go Redmen!!
Who are they missing?

Native Blood
JV Team

Post by Native Blood »

Senior Fullback, Harper been out since july with a knee injury, but will be back in a couple weeks I have heard. There were several in street clothes at the SV game that I was told were starters too, not sure about their names. They did good against sv for the first quarter drove to the redzone several times but just did not get the points. After the Qb threw the first interception things kinda fell apart for them. Hopefully they will be more focused now that season is here.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Harper is a pretty good RB from what I remember. They'll need him this year at some point if they're going to win maybe at all.

Huey
Waterboy

Post by Huey »

Hey, I am new at this, but I like the Falcons to win this week!!! I think we have alot of speed, and our line will get better every week. If we don't turn the ball over, we should be in good shape. The only thing that really scares me is our D-fense. They don't seem to be really getting after it like they should. Nobody is really standing out yet. Hopefully, they will surprise me Friday. Don't worry, I will be there to make sure good ole Coach M. makes me eat my words!!!

Good Luck to both teams, and everybody stay safe!!!

A Falcon till I Die!!!

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Harper may be back sooner than most think. RH played with SV in the jamboree with a score of 13-0 at half. RH was stopped on the goal line (2 tries) and a pick set up a short yardage score for SV. Agressive personal foul penalties really hurt RH in the game....they will hit. Neither team stunted defensively and played it straight.....but it was the best RH has played SV in a jamboree since they started playing it.RH is young....2 seniors.

swamprat
Riding the Bench

Post by swamprat »

I like the Hill here

Return to “Football”