River Valley @ South Gallia 8/17/2012 Jamboree Game

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Re: River Valley @ South Gallia 8/17/2012 Jamboree Game

Post by Rvbballdude »

RebelCat wrote:Everyone seems to be on the mark with their obsevsrtuons. For the first time in recent memory, River Valley looked like a D4 school. I am referring to the numbers and size. A lot of credit to the coach and staff up that way as it is obvious they have the Raiders moving in the right direction. River Valley will develop into a solid program and last night was just the first glance of what's to come. Not saying they will win OVC or anything but by the time they roll into TVC people are going to see a much different RV than in the past. Adding RV to TVC is going to be a winner for both the school and league.

As for SG, I actually come away from the game feeling better than I did going into last night. The team is very young but has some good athletes. Also over 30 kids dressing with very few seniors so I think by the end of this season the team should show some solid improvement. This will be a rebuilding year for the team but they should win some games and be set up for a solid 2013 season. I am very excited to watch this team this season!

Finally my observations on the facility. WOW. Beautiful setting is the first thing that comes to mind. It was a standing room only crowd but RV brought more fans than probably everyone except Wahama and Symmes Valley and neither are at SG this year so we should be ok. The facility building itself is amazing! I used to think Oak Hill had the best one I had seen but this one and the one at RV surpass it. SG and RV fans should be proud. It's a new day!

Good luck to both teams this season! Go Rebels and Raiders!
I thought SG looked like a team who has 4-5 really good athletes (that QB will be a good one) and a bunch of young kids who played well considering what they were up against. I think they could win 5-6 games this year?? Don't know what the rest of the league has. They play fast,physical and they are strong. Nothing but the best of luck to them!
Go Rebels!

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Could someone post both teams schedule here? Thanks.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

All schedules can be found at www.ohsaa.org.

Click on sports and then football. On the left side of the screen you will see 2012 FB schedules. Click that and then type in your favorite team.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Raiderball wrote:Could someone post both teams schedule here? Thanks.
Here ya go Raiderball

RV Schedule
8/24 @ Southern
8/31@ Adena
9/7 Meigs
9/14 Nelsonville
9/21 @ Alexander
9/28 @ Chesapeake
10/5@ Coal Grove
10/12 Rock Hill
10/19 South Point
10/26 Fairland

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Seems Austin Lewis is day to day,he will be fine

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Thanks
Where will Chesapeake game be played?

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Raiderball wrote:Thanks
all chesapeake games are road games this year,they are getting a new field

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Bevo wrote:
Raiderball wrote:Thanks
all chesapeake games are road games this year,they are getting a new field
I heard Chesapeake had a deal with South Point and they will play at South Point when South Point plays away. Maybe Play Saturdays at SP when they have home games

Ghost Writer
Waterboy

Post by Ghost Writer »

After viewing this game, I am afraid my predictions will be reality. I believe SG will struggle greatly for some time to come. I know that many will argue about youth and inexperience, but intensity has nothing to do either, and this was not evident to me at all; they just looked out of sink. As for the future, I just refer back to the records, and struggles, these freshmen and sophomores had. They really had very little success to speak of with clear sub-500 seasons :( . I do not want to be characterized as being anti SG; I wish them all the best and deeply hope that I am wrong. Yet, I just cannot bring myself to believe there will be much success in the southern part of the county for the next few years.

Return to “Football”