Post by Thelongwindedanswer »

morganjones wrote:^^^^^

Saturday, Jan. 31, 2017 does not exist.
Whoops looks like I need to invest in new reading glasses :lol:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: GA Football Job

Post by Poo Bear »

Orange and Brown wrote:Having the varsity coach involved in youth football doesn't mean much. We are talking about kids in 3rd thru 6th grade. They don't need to be involved in any offense or defense that the high school runs. At that age it's about blocking and tackling. Those are the important things kids that age should be learning.

Thank you OB. Most people don't get that and it's so true

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

loganlocos wrote:
LHS 72 wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:Heard tonight Penrod has applied.
I would be surprised I thinking he is waiting for an opening closer to home!
Not sure there could be another opening closer to home. He lives in Gallia County.
I think we all meant to his original hometown.

svac83
SE

Re: Gallia Academy Football 2017

Post by svac83 »

Penrod's wife is very involved in the community in gallipolis.. I think she would like to raise their kids here that is part of the reason I thought he would apply.. I think he would also like to prove a lot of people wrong who didn't give him a fair shake the last 2 times.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

The last two times ?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

svac83 wrote:Penrod's wife is very involved in the community in gallipolis.. I think she would like to raise their kids here that is part of the reason I thought he would apply.. I think he would also like to prove a lot of people wrong who didn't give him a fair shake the last 2 times.
He didn't apply last time because he had already applied for the Alex job and they showed a lot of interest so he stuck to his commitment.....

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Well i mean the last 2 times by saying. He applied when coach Eddy left. And if i remember correctly. When coach Bart left, he had interviewed with Alexander. Been offered the job. The Gallia academy job became eligible he asked Alexander to hold on for a second. Realized the Blue Devil job was not even going to be posted they just handed it to the next coach and he went ahead and took the Alexander job.

This might not be the way that it happened but this is the way i understood it happening. And in my opinion that would be snubbed twice.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

svac83 wrote:Well i mean the last 2 times by saying. He applied when coach Eddy left. And if i remember correctly. When coach Bart left, he had interviewed with Alexander. Been offered the job. The Gallia academy job became eligible he asked Alexander to hold on for a second. Realized the Blue Devil job was not even going to be posted they just handed it to the next coach and he went ahead and took the Alexander job.

This might not be the way that it happened but this is the way i understood it happening. And in my opinion that would be snubbed twice.
No when the rumors of him getting the Gallia job started he told Alexander that he was committed to them and that ended the Gallia rumors.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

You would know better then me.. around Gallia I never heard a rumor about Penrod.. my son was on team at time.. coach bart said he was leaving one day. The kids were told who there coach would be next day if he wanted the job.. The only think that made me think Penrod had wanted job was that Alexander thread that said he was new head coach and then it said he pulled out when Gallia job came up and then the next week he was named the coach at Alexander.... I believe you would know that situation better then me I talk to coach Penrod every time I see him but we rarely talk football.. we talk about our family's

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I hear the coach choosing will go pretty quick from here on out.. out of applications a short list has been made..

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Long road !

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ANY NEW DEVELOPMENTS WITH YOU BLUE GUYS FROM THE FRENCH CITY YET.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I have heard first round of interviews will be in late February. Not sure who the candidates are they will be interviewed. Seems that this whole thing has been hush hush and a very slow process. Best of luck to those making the decision. Would like to see some consistency brought back into the GA program.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Heard Justy might be on the short list

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Fonzie wrote:I have heard first round of interviews will be in late February. Not sure who the candidates are they will be interviewed. Seems that this whole thing has been hush hush and a very slow process. Best of luck to those making the decision. Would like to see some consistency brought back into the GA program.
I am not sure that is the right time table for interviews. But i agree probably will not be a coach hired for the job until march. unless they are interviewing everyone. Because i know someone was asked if he would be able to be interviewed this week. This person should have no real shot at getting this job but they did apply and was called. I only know this because this guy goes to church with us and i know him pretty well. He has very little coaching experience in football. And none since he has moved to this area.

The attendance for weight lifting seems to be pretty good for this time of year.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Gallia sounds like the typical HS administration circus

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

LOL ! How true !

ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Post by ravensfan9 »

Is Coach Penrod still in the running?

morganjones
Riding the Bench

Post by morganjones »

the school in the southern end of gallia county has had the most success in the past decade of anyone in gallia county. maybe the ga administration should get somebody from down that way to coach. lots of ga talent has headed south the past few years. must be a reason.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Poo Bear wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:Having the varsity coach involved in youth football doesn't mean much. We are talking about kids in 3rd thru 6th grade. They don't need to be involved in any offense or defense that the high school runs. At that age it's about blocking and tackling. Those are the important things kids that age should be learning.

Thank you OB. Most people don't get that and it's so true
I totally agree. If you can teach those two things along with making it enjoyable enough that the kids all come out for Junior high football. If you have done those things I feel it would be total success.

Return to “Football”