logan football

Paladin
SEOP

Re: logan football

Post by Paladin »

Big Dog............ I have a very LONG association with Logan -- player, coach spectator. Never, let me repeat NEVER has Logan had little talent. Logan has been one of the top dogs in the SEOAL for a VERY long time and when they don't win there, given how weak that league can be, there is something wrong. This years schedule for this years team has only one opponent I would not play -- Lancaster. Everyone else .... Newark, Northland , Alder. NY, etc I would play without exception. Ditto the SEOAL. Nothing there is outside the scope of Logan talent. I'll be the first to tell you about coaching -- many coaches are just that.... good at coaching a p;osition. A few are excellent at being a OC or DC. Not everyone will succeed as a Head Coach. Thats a simple fact. So because you can coach a position or be a good OC or DC doesn't mean you'll be a good HC. I hear Logan only has 6 Senios . Thats what we had when I played . We lost 3 games.... one by 2 pts to a Columbus team and another by 6 in the league. The ONLY game we were out of was a state ranked Top 10 team who beat us by 3 TDs. Logan rarely has little talent. I'm told by good sources there is talent there this year. From my perspective, the schedule isn't the problem and I don't expect Logan to become a low life like most of SEO with weak, weenie schedules that prove noting and develope no talent with inferior competition. The schedule was , oin fact, dropped woith Pick North and Reynoldsburg both dropped as they exceeded both in size and ability. Ditto Zanesville, who Logan used to whip. The schedule HAS been lowered. What remains isn't a schedule problem. Logan football need some changes and I expect thats coming. Replacing a good coach should have been a challege but not impossible as Logan football has been doing that for DECADES with good success. Expect to see the program face a close scruity after the season is over but see little change coming to the schedule. Logan will remain challenged but shouldn't be overwhelmed. Don't look for LOgan to run as many teams down there do, signing up weak programs to play in order to get cheap wins that do nothing to imporve the program nor make yourself competitive come playoff time. Or running from the league because they don't win. Thats for losers.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Paladin....If you read my origional post more carefully you'd see that I said sometimes a coach just isn't the guy and that may in fact be the case here. I'm not defending the current coaching staff, the point I was trying to get across is that changing coaches every two or three years does little to help the program find a solution. We will agree to disagree on the schedule, I've read your posts on here for a very long time and your opinion is as valid as any. My concern as a fan of SE Ohio football is that the Logan program has already lost most of the fan support in the stands (the stands Friday were sad looking on TV) and I fear that they are on the way to losing the kids also, if that happens it will take more than a new coach and a season or two to fix. SE Ohio football is better when Logan has the ability to win multiple games and challenge for league titles and playoff spots and I really hope they can turn things around soon!

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I haven't read all the posts, but Joe Eitel will not drop the divisor until after the bye week.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

Paladin wrote:Big Dog............ I have a very LONG association with Logan -- player, coach spectator. Never, let me repeat NEVER has Logan had little talent. Logan has been one of the top dogs in the SEOAL for a VERY long time and when they don't win there, given how weak that league can be, there is something wrong. This years schedule for this years team has only one opponent I would not play -- Lancaster. Everyone else .... Newark, Northland , Alder. NY, etc I would play without exception. Ditto the SEOAL. Nothing there is outside the scope of Logan talent. I'll be the first to tell you about coaching -- many coaches are just that.... good at coaching a p;osition. A few are excellent at being a OC or DC. Not everyone will succeed as a Head Coach. Thats a simple fact. So because you can coach a position or be a good OC or DC doesn't mean you'll be a good HC. I hear Logan only has 6 Senios . Thats what we had when I played . We lost 3 games.... one by 2 pts to a Columbus team and another by 6 in the league. The ONLY game we were out of was a state ranked Top 10 team who beat us by 3 TDs. Logan rarely has little talent. I'm told by good sources there is talent there this year. From my perspective, the schedule isn't the problem and I don't expect Logan to become a low life like most of SEO with weak, weenie schedules that prove noting and develope no talent with inferior competition. The schedule was , oin fact, dropped woith Pick North and Reynoldsburg both dropped as they exceeded both in size and ability. Ditto Zanesville, who Logan used to whip. The schedule HAS been lowered. What remains isn't a schedule problem. Logan football need some changes and I expect thats coming. Replacing a good coach should have been a challege but not impossible as Logan football has been doing that for DECADES with good success. Expect to see the program face a close scruity after the season is over but see little change coming to the schedule. Logan will remain challenged but shouldn't be overwhelmed. Don't look for LOgan to run as many teams down there do, signing up weak programs to play in order to get cheap wins that do nothing to imporve the program nor make yourself competitive come playoff time. Or running from the league because they don't win. Thats for losers.

and how is the current scheme working out for you?? that's the ticket! stick with the old ways and you will be down for YEARS to come....

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

A loser who ran from the league they couldn't win is giving advice ? LOL !

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Don't let me get in the way of this discussion. Fact is, both team's seasons are better when they do play each other.

I've been reading my posts after this weekend and while I don't apologize for my comments or take any back, I do apologize for the tone of some of them. I joined this forum to read what other's think and to add a few thoughts of my own. Lately, I have taken on the role of professional pundit, as if my opinion amounted to a hill of beans. And I definitlely am not a professional at this.

There needs to be a change of something, whether coaching or philosophy or administrative. I don't have any REAL answers so I have decided the best thing I can do vis-a-vis Logan football is to keep my mouth shut for the rest of the year. Without me I'm sure things will take their course. In short, I have begun to sound like the old man screaming at the kids to get off his lawn. I assure you I do not intend to interview the empty chair and that is what I have been doing.

So, Go Logan. Please retrun to prosperity soon. Remember, the measure of a man is not when he is doing well but when he is being tested. Stay classy. I'm out of this discussion for the rest of the year! See ya on the other forums!

deepthreat2012
Waterboy

Post by deepthreat2012 »

Get ride of Coach Woolfe why??????
Talent is down. It will be back. Coaching turn over keeps a program down look at schools around you that has changed coaches every year none is good.
At one time when talent was up at Logan and Coach Woolfe was the OC people were talking about how great he was.
Give the guy a chance !!

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

It looks to me that coaching is not the major problem with the team I saw Friday night.
There is just no talent (or its very young) on the team. There also seems to be a lack of discipline on the Logan team. #62 had at least 5-6 penalty's and was kept in till the end. Usually I look out at a team and say " that kid right there is pretty tough or if that guy had some blocking he would be tough...But I saw nothing from the Chief's.
BTW , Why doesn't Logan have a play clock? All the money put into the field you think they would..

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

something will give soon.. rather its a new coach or other changes because logan has to much tradition and history to stay this way to much longer.. rather its next year or a new coach logan will be back on the winning dominate side and this will all just be a buried and forgot very fast.. i dont think wolfe will be their next year if so it could turn in to another season that will for sure put him out for 2013 but i think its starts new next year and start getting better with whomever steps in idk jmo.. goodluck chiefs you have brought pride to s e ohio for years and you will agian its just a matter of time

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

Paladin wrote:A loser who ran from the league they couldn't win is giving advice ? LOL !
a loser who is now 5-0 ranked 4th in the state no 1 in the region who decided playing teams 2 divisions bigger was taking a toll on the program that could hurt it for years to come. careful who you call ' loser' logan can compete with NO ONE right now and needs to make some sea changes or they will be down for years ala portsmouth....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i don't think it had anything to do with that at all,
we are playing just as big a school's now, from what i understand, and i liked the seoal. i've repeatedly said that. it was the tuesday and thursday sports stuff, so to speak , and kids getting home at 1/2 am. then having school the next day. some of my favorite posters here are chieftains-----------then some, not so much. but to call us losers, only one poster has that yella a belly, paladin.i was actually asked to give my opinion on here, from a poster who'll go unnamed , and i did.

to pretend that a major problem does not exist in logan, would apparently only take 1 game to realize , i'm being told.but to guff at tiger posters WHO ARE BEING RESPECTFUL is unfortunate.as they have had a long time history with logan.and are not trying to be disrespectful. you can choose who those are.

BUT IRONTON , AND THE TERM LOSERS----IN THE SAME SENTENCE, NOT SO MUCH.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I don't think your the problem bait,I know you are usually respectful in your posts but the one above you i'm not so sure,he the one who got paladin fired up

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i can only account for ole bait, and me and paladin have had numerous runins here. i just do not comment with him anymore. he is a very knowledgeable poster. but more often than not, takes the low road.

deepthreat2012
Waterboy

Post by deepthreat2012 »

you talk about the schedule Logan listened to much of the internet talk about them not playing DI schools. Bring back the big gate games New Lexington, Athens dont want any of Logan or that would be another good one What about Logan vs Sheridan think of the gate at that game.

Return to “Football”