Freshman Team

Week 9 (5-3) Ironton @ (7-1) Oak Hill

Post by tigerpower89 »

Thoughts on this match-up

callie11
Freshman Team

Re: Week 9 (5-3) Ironton @ (7-1) Oak Hill

Post by callie11 »

I wouldn't be surprised if Oak Hill takes Ironton.

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

callie11 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Oak Hill takes Ironton.
Ironton will take oak hill key strength of schedule

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Post by ACCBiggz »

Unless the Tigers have some key injuries and/or silly turnovers I don't see this being much of a problem for them. I don't know if I'd say they'll blow them out because it may just be a workmanlike performance. They'll control the game and win by a couple of scores.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

IMO ironton will destroy oak hill! I say ironton 42-0

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Although Ironton will start with many of their second string including QB and FB...Ironton will take this one by as many as they wish...this will be Irontons easiest game of the season...time to rest that starters and get healthy for the playoffs...

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

Ironton has been outscored 148 to 45 in ther last 3 games. Yes sir they are a real powerhouse.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

i am wondering how much of irontons last 2 weeks are playing great teams and they are really just that much better or how much of it is ironton being dinged up and needing to get healthy, or if its that ironton has actually regressed from week one and just not gotten that much better as the season has gone on due to the injurys , or due to the change in offensive philosophy trying to spread it out with the shotgun instead of being mostly exclusively a T-formation team. when your practicing all the pass plays it takes time away from practicing the run blocking and execution of the full house offense. then when you get in a situation where you need to grind it out and move the ball for 3-4 yards, you cant do it. its clear ironton is missing the defensive stunt calling and imagination of a guy that had been doing it for 40+ years and was imo the best in the state at getting his defense to play physical, assigment wrap up and tackle defense. i think this game coming up with oak hill will tell us a lot about just where ironton is going to be at starting in week 11 when the playoff begin. if they can go in and physically dominate what appears to be a solid oak hill team for a 20+ point victory then maybe they can get on a roll to make a deep run into the playoffs in div 4 , if not , and the oak hill game is close or they lose to oak hill i look for ironton to make an early exit in the playoff and a regional championship is out of the question. looking to the future after this year, it could continue to be a big struggle with this kind of schedule and the numbers being so far down to what it used to be 2o years ago. with irontons current numbers, they really need to try to get into a league like the soc ideally or even the ovc.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Oak Hill has good size, quickness, and are the best tackling team Minford has seen all year.

I will not be suprised if this is a close game, especially if Ironton is dinged up.

Scheduling up is great, but if you get whipped on the scoreboard and guys are getting injured, is it worth it this late in the year?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

IRONFALCON wrote:Oak Hill has good size, quickness, and are the best tackling team Minford has seen all year.

I will not be suprised if this is a close game, especially if Ironton is dinged up.

Scheduling up is great, but if you get whipped on the scoreboard and guys are getting injured, is it worth it this late in the year?
Ironton has no choice but to schedule the way they do because not to many local teams will play them, let alone put them on their schedule every year.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

callie11 wrote:Ironton has been outscored 148 to 45 in ther last 3 games. Yes sir they are a real powerhouse.

Fact is Ironton played 3 power houses in a row.
Fact is it is you are not a ironton fan who supporter from you comments.
Fact is these are young men playing for pride and a proud program.
So spew all the facts you want real fans and supporters will be there to support this proud team and school reguardless of what people like you think!

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

Ironton has played 2 teams that could beat anybody in this tristate. I know how excited you haters get when Ironton loses but Irontons schedule amazing. We have over acheived. New coach, injuries, and the #1 schedule in this state. We are lucky to be in our position
Gallipolis 6-2 best in SEOAL
Oak Hill 7-1 best in SOC I
Wheelersburg 7-1 best in SOC II MAYBE TOP 5 IN DIV V
Hartley 8-0 best in Division IV Matuska-Notre Dame, Marcellous Callhoun-Cincinatti, Juwaun Woodley-Toledo, Alonzo Saxton- at least 10 schools a top junior
Watterson 5-3 Division III HAS PLAYED A TOUGH SCHEDULE INCLUDING HARTLEY, DESALES, AND OTHER COLUMBUS TEAMS
Russell 5-3 tough schedule losses to ashland and ironton
Ashland 8-1 top 5 in their division, beat #1 George Washington considered a division 3 school
Portsmouth a down year only easy game

All that said Ironton is poised for its post season tradition into the playoffs. Minford was undefeated and still was under ironton in region 15 because Irontons tough schedule. So dont kid yourself that somehow Ironton is down or they have been beaten up. We play for championships not playoff berths, thats the expectations of a tiger. So all you haters that think because to big schools who are private and select players based on talent to attend their schools think its a sign of weakness are mistaken. Ironton tested itself, couldnt get a 10th game because local teams wont' schedule the orange and black unless they are loaded.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Don't put everyone in that category, there are local teams that will and have played ironton every year for quite a while.

gridironfan
Riding the Bench

Post by gridironfan »

Taking the Oaks at home! 22-16

bluedevil
JV Team

Post by bluedevil »

ironton 28 oak hill 6

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

Ironton will have no problem at all handling Oak Hill.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Ironton needs to brush the last 2 off....they've already clinched a playoff spot, and IMO they are the second best team in the Region. St. Clairsville is really good...but who knows in the playoffs. Ironton will beat Oak Hill and host a game in the playoffs.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i would not be surprised if oak hill beats the tigers. IMHO the tigers are lucky to be 5-3 and not 4-4. the better team lost the week one game and everyone knows it. oaks by 7 in a upset

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

coop they should------------ but we gotta play a whole lot better, and with fighting tiger heart. or the oaks will beat us.
and i like the schedule, and would not change it at all.
look at the dividends it's paid. we beat some very solid teams,
and we've played 3 monsters in a row.
johnson central, ky.---columbus bishop watterson---and columbus bishop hartley.
and it's not too far fetched to think any of the 3, and maybe mulitple teams will win their state and division
but dude you'd be shocked now by the lack of effort.

i'm 52, and a diehard tiger nut. i've not missed a game all year.
but man, we are sliding wayyy down the rope.
granted it's against the best competition around.
but we are just rolling over.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Mad_Dogg wrote:i would not be surprised if oak hill beats the tigers. IMHO the tigers are lucky to be 5-3 and not 4-4. the better team lost the week one game and everyone knows it. oaks by 7 in a upset

mad dogg, i think ironton was the better team in week 1. i still do.
they were not physically prepared like we have been in past years
but i'm glad we don't play burg again this year.
i look for burg to go deep in the d5 playoffs this year.
and ironton potentially, go very deep in d4 this year-------but we must see a whole different product friday night---real ironton fighting tiger football.
if we do this right, both teams will be very proud of the teams we've sent to the playoffs.

Return to “Football”