17%
South Point
4%

Total votes: 104

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2017 OVC Preview/Predictions

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I STILL SAY THE FIGHTING TIGERS TILL SOMEONE PROVES OTHERWISE. AND WITH THE FIGHTING TIGERS WINNING 2 GOLDEN FOOTBALLS FOR THE TROPHY CASE, AND GOING UNSCATHED IN THE LEAGUE THEIR FIRST 2 SEASONS THERE. THEY HAVE PAINTED A BIG OLE TARGET ON THEIR BACKS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Its Ironton's title to lose. I do look for more improvement from the Trojans. Its gonna take a couple of years to change the Redmen but if they do, look out. That's a program waiting on the right guy. South Point might as well give up and play soccer on Friday nights. No Shot there. Panthers will be well coached even though they lose the core of their talent. Dragons return some key pieces, but until some discipline returns not much success. Coal Grove is my big question. Lot of losses but usually just reload. Gallia has to get better. No where else to go.

TriStateFan44
Waterboy

Post by TriStateFan44 »

The conference is looking up more so now than in the past few years. It is still top heavy with Ironton, but I look for all teams to improve come this fall, including South Point and Gallia.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that would be great.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
SportFan08
Riding the Bench

Post by SportFan08 »

With Hammer taking over at RH, they will be most improved. I think Ironton will win the Ohio Valley Conference outright.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it's going to be interesting. many people eventually think hammer will be coaching at ironton

Game day
All State

Re: The Way too early OVC preview/prediction thread.

Post by Game day »

ravensfan9 wrote:Hammer will definitely make a difference. I don't think think the difference will be felt for 2 years though. The culture will have to change to experience consistent success, discipline will have to be instilled, and I just don't know how fast you can do those things at RH. I'm sure he'll have some resistance, but he can get the job done!

Any word on his staff?
I wonder that myself who will be on his staff. I think he needs to go outside and get some coaches not all of them but some that were not on the previous staff.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

I noticed someone voted South Point to win OVC in the poll. Guess there's hope for everyone

ROLL PEAKE
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

so yer tellin me there's a chance.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:it's going to be interesting. many people eventually think hammer will be coaching at ironton
The problem with him coming back to Ironton will be the teacher salary. Ironton has the lowest paying teacher jobs in all Lawrence county. I think they would have to give him an AD job to get him back.

OVCfanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by OVCfanatic »

Funny how Rock Hill hires Lutz and all the sudden the rumors of him going back to Ironton start. Good lord.

OVCfanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by OVCfanatic »

My predictions

Ironton
Portsmouth
Coal Grove
Rock Hill
Chesapeake
Fairland
Gallia Academy
South Point

Middle of the pack could be anyone. South Point will be abysmal.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OVCfanatic wrote:Funny how Rock Hill hires Lutz and all the sudden the rumors of him going back to Ironton start. Good lord.

honestly ovc, everybody from ironton is glad to see him there and proud of him. but every since bob lutz retired there was much speculation he would eventually follow in his uncle's footsteps. regardless where he stays tiger nation is proud of him.

ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Post by ravensfan9 »

OVCfanatic....WOW! You put RH and CG above Fairland and Chesy? Chesapeake has quite a bit coming back...second best stable of backs outside of Ironton with Wilcoxen, Fletcher, and company. I believe several linemen return as well. Fairland came on strong at the end of the year and basically returns everybody...Fisher and Cunningham will be tough again next season. I think your top 2 and bottom 2 are dead on.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

looking forward to fairland getting back on track. now to get them pointers in gear.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and blue devils as well

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Until proven otherwise, Ironton is the championship favorite. They are not the Tigers of yore, but they are undefeated in their first two years of conference play. The reconfigured OVC though has a chance to be the most competitively balanced conference in southern Ohio.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree omega. would love to see a very strong ovc depth wise, and the soc picking it up overall as well. so we can all start making some playoff runs.

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

Chesapeake will be even better in the backfield this coming year, as always the line will be a question mark along with the defense. I think if the kids hit the weight room they will be contending again. The kids need to work harder in the weight room. The top teams will be Chesapeake, Portsmouth & Ironton along with Rock Hill, Coal Grove, and Fairland.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

good luck to yer purple panthers blood.

Return to “Football”