SEOP - EA Pick'em Playoff Round 1 Results

sprinter14
Varsity

SEOP - EA Pick'em Playoff Round 1 Results

Post by sprinter14 »

Well, in my 3 or 4 years of running the contest, I have never had this situation. I am not a moderator on this site and I can't lock the picks thread at 6 pm on Friday's. Even if I were a moderator, I may not be able to be on a computer at 6 pm on Fridays.

Anyway, the spirit of the contest is to have your picks in and FINAL on Friday at 6 pm. I did not specify that you could not change Saturday picks.

Here is our problem, thill2010 led the contest with a 21-4 week. But his picks were edited at 9:29 pm on Friday night. I have no way of knowing what games were changed on Friday night. thill, I know you may be mad at me and had no intention of cheating, but I have no choice but to disqualify you from the competition.

The top 16 players to advance went 16-9 or better. Players who went 15-10 but had a one game advantage will also be moving on.

Here are the standings as they finished

1) (21-4)
thill2010 * * * disqualified

1) (18-7)
Raiderball

2) (17-8)
Enforcer
Bball Fool
devilfan08
Trojan FB Alum

6) (16-9)
One Oak
Cats & Bucks
Pbuck
Burg Grad77
NYBuckeye96
5Kdude
sports junkie
Ironman02
ironmen1987
Fuzzhead
Queen of hearts

19) (15-10) - Advance due to one game advantage
SVvikelinex2
Crab's Bro
Trojan Fan
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Players Listed below are now eliminated

(15-10)
Governor
Gipper
RJ71
bdog198807
jeffie
grndma1

(14-11)
Chosen One
Icanpickem
Jimmah (one game advantage still made you 15-10)
indianabuck (one game advantage made you 15-10)

(13-12)
bocephus (one game advantage put you at 14-11)

So now 21 players remain alive and next week we keep the top 8 pickers!!! Everyone is now even and each week is a brand new week, it is now survive and advance!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: SEOP - EA Pick'em Playoff Round 1 Results

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I was really worried about whether I would advance or not with such a crappy weekend. Glad to hear I move on.

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

I only changed the Piketon and Canal Winchester games

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

I think you should change my record to 16-9 since I changed 5 games on Friday night which were the Canal Winchester,Piketon,Trimble, Cincinnati Hills Christian and Bishop Fenwick games

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

thill2010 wrote:I think you should change my record to 16-9 since I changed 5 games on Friday night which were the Canal Winchester,Piketon,Trimble, Cincinnati Hills Christian and Bishop Fenwick games
So you did go in and change your picks after the games were over? You are admitting to cheating but you still want to be in?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

thill2010 wrote:I think you should change my record to 16-9 since I changed 5 games on Friday night which were the Canal Winchester,Piketon,Trimble, Cincinnati Hills Christian and Bishop Fenwick games

You changed 5 Friday night games at 9:30 pm after they were decided to go 16-0 and you think you deserve to continue. Really??

Dude, that is just out and out cheating. If I was running the contest I wouldn't even let you play next season.

THE GOVENOR
All State

Post by THE GOVENOR »

Well I'm out!!! "unless" is it to late to change my pick's!!!! lol SVvikelineX2 it's up to you man.

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

I think sprinter14 should count the games I got right and take away the ones that were edited

s.v.vikinglinex2
Varsity

Post by s.v.vikinglinex2 »

will try GOVENOR need to keep it in the Valley!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

thill2010 wrote:I think sprinter14 should count the games I got right and take away the ones that were edited

I don't. If he hadn't caught it you would gotten away with cheating and went 16-0 on Friday and had a good shot at winning the playoffs and the $50.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

thill2010 wrote:I think sprinter14 should count the games I got right and take away the ones that were edited
You have to be kidding? You admitting to cheating everyone but still think you should be allowed to continue?

The nerve of some people!

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

I made a honest mistake and technically the thread wasn't locked so I went in and edited the games before they were even over

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

thill2010 wrote:I made a honest mistake and technically the thread wasn't locked so I went in and edited the games before they were even over
In back to back post in this thread you said you only changed 2 games and then the next message you said you changed 5 games. Your post was edited at 9:29.

At 8:47 Piketon was up 35-14.
At 9:21 You posted Canal Winchester was up 21-10
At 9:27 Trimble lead 34-6 per a post.

The games you changed were decided when you changed your picks. You tried to cheat everyone still in it.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

NO way you should be allowed to continue..

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

thill2010 wrote:I made a honest mistake and technically the thread wasn't locked so I went in and edited the games before they were even over

Really?? Like Crab said, you edited games that were pretty much decided by changing your picks of the losing teams to the winning teams and you think you should allowed to continue. No way!!

s.v.vikinglinex2
Varsity

Post by s.v.vikinglinex2 »

good call sprinter on not letting him continue.

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

It has a honest mistake and had the thread been locked I wouldn't have done it

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Doesn't matter if it was open or closed. You have played all year and the rules said no picks or edits after 6 pm. I could see if it just a few minutes after the time limit but to do it after the games had already been decided and to change from the losing team to the winning one is blatant cheating.

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

I try to spot check the contest every week and make sure nobody edited after gametime, I may not have caught this one if he hadn't gone 21-4 and blown everyone away!! When one person dominates, I ALWAYS go back and check their post for edit times.

Anyway, I will not compromise the integrity of the contest, my decision is final.

As for the payout, Nobody was able to add anything to the contest in the way of additional prizes or cash, so it is just my original advertised payout. The top 3 finishers in the regular season get $25, $15, and $10 and the playoff champion gets the grand prize of $50 courtesy of E A Home Supply.

If anyone on here is building or remodeling, E A Home Supply will sell to SEOP members at wholesale price. I usually just deal with contractors and apartment complexes, but my SEOP family can buy just as cheap. We sell cabinets, flooring, siding, windows, doors, trim, etc. If you are having carpet installed or replaced, do yourself a favor and contact me!!

Thanks to everyone who has played!

Alderson_B-Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Alderson_B-Fan »

thill2010 wrote:It has a honest mistake and had the thread been locked I wouldn't have done it
And if the store had a better lock I would not have robbed it! Come On man! I aint even in and cant believe you think you should go on.

Return to “Football”