Re: I Bone Offense

Post by LHS 72 »

Good, very similar!

94dragons
Waterboy

Post by 94dragons »

LHS 72 wrote:
94dragons wrote:I'm not exactly sure what you are describing as "I Bone" because there is really no universal language in football. With that being said, How can you be in the I and the Bone?? Aren't those 2 different formations all together? Please explain your "I Bone".
It comes when you break the bone and have an off set back behind the fullback. I agree with your statement that there is no universal language in football.
I think this is a pretty common adjustment with most teams that run the wishbone now days. Johnson Central in Kentucky is a predominantly Wishbone team who will commonly break the bone as a way of removing defenders from the box. They still run most of their normal plays out of the broken bone or I bone as you call it. They specialize in Inside Belly (Double Dive), ISO and Veer as their base offensive plays and are VERY good at them.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

94dragons wrote:
LHS 72 wrote:
94dragons wrote:I'm not exactly sure what you are describing as "I Bone" because there is really no universal language in football. With that being said, How can you be in the I and the Bone?? Aren't those 2 different formations all together? Please explain your "I Bone".
It comes when you break the bone and have an off set back behind the fullback. I agree with your statement that there is no universal language in football.
I think this is a pretty common adjustment with most teams that run the wishbone now days. Johnson Central in Kentucky is a predominantly Wishbone team who will commonly break the bone as a way of removing defenders from the box. They still run most of their normal plays out of the broken bone or I bone as you call it. They specialize in Inside Belly (Double Dive), ISO and Veer as their base offensive plays and are VERY good at them.
Look at O&B post on the Colorado offense of the early 90's NY runs a version of what I call the I Bone

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

anybody has insight on Johnson Central football system?

Boston Creampuff
Riding the Bench

Post by Boston Creampuff »

I bone defense

Return to “Football”