IRONTON
PORTSMOUTH
ROCK HILL
COAL GROVE
FAIRLAND
CHESAPEAKE
SOUTH POINT
GALLIPOLIS

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE UPCOMING 2015 SEASON.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: THE NEW LOOK OF THE NEW OVC 2015

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

PORTSMOUTH JUST HIRED A NEW COACH AARON DUNCAN. CONGRATULATIONS COACH DUNCAN.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:THIS SHOULD BE VERY INTERESTING

IRONTON
PORTSMOUTH
ROCK HILL
COAL GROVE
FAIRLAND
CHESAPEAKE
SOUTH POINT
GALLIPOLIS

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE UPCOMING 2015 SEASON.
Ironton.....Mr. Football will do well in Basketball, baseball
Portsmouth.....Mr. Basketball,baseball
Gallipolis.....Mr. Track and Wrestling,baseball

These three will rule the OVC....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

geesh 173 views and no replies but noreply

AT'S KINDA FUNNY RIGHT THERE, I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE. AT'S FUNNY RIGHT THERE.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Even though the ovc has never been on par with ironton football, it used to be at least respectable. But the last 10 years have been bad. I think thats why the ovc went shopping for more teams. It was becoming a horrible football league. Now as far as other sports, it will be competitive. (All mighty portsmouth basketball only beat a below average CG team by 7)

It cracks me up how these 3 teams were desperate for a league and the league made the correct choice and there are people from logan and ironton that are bashing it. Lol.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

goUK wrote:Even though the ovc has never been on par with ironton football, it used to be at least respectable. But the last 10 years have been bad. I think thats why the ovc went shopping for more teams. It was becoming a horrible football league. Now as far as other sports, it will be competitive. (All mighty portsmouth basketball only beat a below average CG team by 7)

It cracks me up how these 3 teams were desperate for a league and the league made the correct choice and there are people from logan and ironton that are bashing it. Lol.
You read into what I said your way which is the wrong way. I just stated some facts not putting the OVC down. Taking in three teams from your area was a wise choice. It is good for all of them. In your own words' the OVC was a horrible football league' and the ones that will make it better are the three that I mentioned. When these three team do the winning people will ask what CON. are they from and the answer will be the OVC.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

These three will rule the ovc is what you said. How could i read that wrong.

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

Those 3 will not be any better in Baseball the next 3 years.....You have 2 possibly 3 in Cheseapeake who returns 8 or 9 starters and only lost 2-0 to Burg last year...You also have South Point who returns 6 starters in baseball from a 19-3 team and have talent coming and a deep bench......

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I HOPE TO SEE THIS LEAGUE VASTLY IMPROVE OVERALL IN FOOTBALL

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

goUK wrote:These three will rule the ovc is what you said. How could i read that wrong.
You said people from Logan and Ironton was bashing the OVC. I'm the only one from Logan [at the time] saying anything about the OVC and I was not bashing them. Let us go back to what I said after these three teams have been in the OVC a full year of school and see how many sports [boys and girls] these three win. You didn't read it wrong that I said they would rule you read it wrong where I was bashing the OVC and I wasn't.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I DON'T SEE THAT YOU ARE BASHING THE OVC AT ALL.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

Not to burst anyone's bubbles, but Gallia Academy doesn't join the OVC until 2016-17, not 2015, but when they do join, it will be an interesting league in all sports, and hopefully, they can start a soccer and tennis league, both boys and girls, and a wrestling league for their conference. That'd give the OVC more sports that they sponsor, not to mention stability.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

GoBucks1047 wrote:Not to burst anyone's bubbles, but Gallia Academy doesn't join the OVC until 2016-17, not 2015, but when they do join, it will be an interesting league in all sports, and hopefully, they can start a soccer and tennis league, both boys and girls, and a wrestling league for their conference. That'd give the OVC more sports that they sponsor, not to mention stability.
I agree with adding more sports to the conference, however gallia academy is used to being in a big school league. The ovc has some small schools that do not have tennis, soccer or wrestling.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

goUK wrote:
GoBucks1047 wrote:Not to burst anyone's bubbles, but Gallia Academy doesn't join the OVC until 2016-17, not 2015, but when they do join, it will be an interesting league in all sports, and hopefully, they can start a soccer and tennis league, both boys and girls, and a wrestling league for their conference. That'd give the OVC more sports that they sponsor, not to mention stability.
I agree with adding more sports to the conference, however gallia academy is used to being in a big school league. The ovc has some small schools that do not have tennis, soccer or wrestling.
Right now with adding Gallia Academy to the OVC, both boys and girls soccer and tennis would have 4 teams (the minimum amount required) in each sport while only 3 teams for Wrestling, but if South Point added Wrestling to their sports program, then there'd be 4 teams for Wrestling and 5 new sports leagues under the OVC.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thanks for that info about starting in 16/17. I remember hearing that on a gahs topic, and had forgotten.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'd love to see wrestling back in the mix.

Bear
Freshman Team

Post by Bear »

That would be three teams that wrestle in the conference. I'd love to see other schools add wrestling, but that's an investment many schools aren't willing to do.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it's the single best sport to develop football players in my opinion. not to mention kids that just have a desire to wrestle on a team.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ironton had it while I was in school, and I'd love to see them get it back.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Would love to see wrestling in the conference before soccer.

Return to “Football”