STATE SEMI'S: Athens (13-0) vs ASVSM (11-2)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

STATE SEMI'S: Athens (13-0) vs ASVSM (11-2)

Post by 93Bulldog »

FOUR QUARTERS FROM THE 'SHOE!

THOUGHTS?

The General
All State

Re: STATE SEMI'S: Athens (13-0) vs ASVSM (11-2)

Post by The General »

Of course they are going to be a handful. Speed. Both sides of the ball. Lost earlier to Walsh Jesuit and the University of Youngstown Cardinal Mooney,who I imagine had to try very hard to lose 5 ballgames :lol: SVSM been on a roll since and ,without question,will be a different kind of animal than Athens has played. However.... The Bulldogs have the X factor in this ballgame at the most important position. Wont say any names but he is #10 :122245 Be a lot of green and Athens looked nice last night in their unis. But they probably wont win the Uni battle because The Facilitator Bron Bron sprung for some new duds for his alma mater I believe.I fully expect this to be a great football game and good luck to Athens. Hope to see them the following week in Columbus. Any clue where this weeks game will be?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think this will be a bit closer than desales, but this may turn into a shootout.

I'm hoping they play in Columbus but I think it may be a little North of Columbus......

If they try to stop Burrow then Tre Williams will run all over them.

GO DAWGS! 4 QUARTERS!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens by 7-10 pts in a shootout

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Good luck Athens from Valley

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

Athens by 2 td's. Asvms will hang for a bit then dogs put it away.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

I was glad to have the trip to Logan to see last night's game.

A lot has changed since seeing them last year, wow. Poised, crisp execution, on a mission are all words that come to mind after watching them play. If they continue to perform at that level they will be playing in Week 15.

I know nothing about ASVSM, nothing whatsoever, I assume their cup runneth over with athletic ability and they have probably played a schedule which has been tougher than Athens has to date, so perhaps a little more prepared on that front. But I just think Athens is on a mission and playing so well and with so much confidence that they are going to be a handful for anyone.

Their defense surprised me last night, did very well against DeSales albeit DeSales had trouble holding onto the ball, but still they were not the "weak" link a lot of people had mentioned.

Some things that could give Athens problems relate to weather conditions that impact their game. Windy, rainy, icy, snowing probably may affect them more than a ground and pound team or physical type of team. Not sure what type of team ASVSM is, completely clueless in that regard, but it would be nice if the conditions cooperate as I think that maximizes their abilities.

This is exciting for SE Ohio fans like me, I can only imagine the cloud the Athens community is on right now, and the kids and coaches deserve this they have put their time in and been knocking at the door. The parents of these kids are just as nervous as the players probably lol, and you should be very proud of how they have represented their families, community and school.

Again, best of luck next week.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

doubleplay643 wrote:I was glad to have the trip to Logan to see last night's game.

A lot has changed since seeing them last year, wow. Poised, crisp execution, on a mission are all words that come to mind after watching them play. If they continue to perform at that level they will be playing in Week 15.

I know nothing about ASVSM, nothing whatsoever, I assume their cup runneth over with athletic ability and they have probably played a schedule which has been tougher than Athens has to date, so perhaps a little more prepared on that front. But I just think Athens is on a mission and playing so well and with so much confidence that they are going to be a handful for anyone.

Their defense surprised me last night, did very well against DeSales albeit DeSales had trouble holding onto the ball, but still they were not the "weak" link a lot of people had mentioned.

Some things that could give Athens problems relate to weather conditions that impact their game. Windy, rainy, icy, snowing probably may affect them more than a ground and pound team or physical type of team. Not sure what type of team ASVSM is, completely clueless in that regard, but it would be nice if the conditions cooperate as I think that maximizes their abilities.

This is exciting for SE Ohio fans like me, I can only imagine the cloud the Athens community is on right now, and the kids and coaches deserve this they have put their time in and been knocking at the door. The parents of these kids are just as nervous as the players probably lol, and you should be very proud of how they have represented their families, community and school.

Again, best of luck next week.

Great post! Well said.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

What I witnessed last night was awesome! I just don't have the words............

I BELIEVE IN THIS TEAM!

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

Wishful thinking but last year MF had to travel 118 miles to New Philly to play ASVSM who traveled 50 miles
Maybe ASVSM can travel 110 miles to Zanesville (Athens 55 miles) and play there. It would be nice.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

This should be a war, if both teams play up to their potential.

ASVSM has been battled tested with the very hard schedule they have faced this season.
As tough as that schedule was, I do not see it preparing them for the awesome QB they face this week.

This one for Athens will come down to how well their Off line plays.

I am going with Athens by five.

xxChampionxx 5
Riding the Bench

Post by xxChampionxx 5 »

I think Athens hasn't faced this level of competition all season. SVSM has got superior size and speed. This is bumpkins vs the real deal. Burrow will be totally rattled. Catholic schools can't be beat! Go Irish! That said, Athens wins by 3 TDs and Burrow throws for 300+ with no ints. Irish wishes they had last year's Mr Football back instead of getting shredded by this year's. All the arrogant jerks in NEO wonder aloud whether this is the same pack of hicks from that smelly farm territory outside the two important corners of the state that slayed the mighty Ursuline in 2002.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Sapientia et Veritas wrote:I think Athens hasn't faced this level of competition all season. SVSM has got superior size and speed. This is bumpkins vs the real deal. Burrow will be totally rattled. Catholic schools can't be beat! Go Irish! That said, Athens wins by 3 TDs and Burrow throws for 300+ with no ints. Irish wishes they had last year's Mr Football back instead of getting shredded by this year's. All the arrogant jerks in NEO wonder aloud whether this is the same pack of hicks from that smelly farm territory outside the two important corners of the state that slayed the mighty Ursuline in 2002.
Athens won easily at Stuebenville who is in the State Semi in thier division. They will be fine.

bobsaget
Riding the Bench

Post by bobsaget »

Would Ohio Wesleyan be out of the way for both teams? It's located in Delaware, 103 miles from athens, 111 from akron. Large stadium, holds 9000.

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

peytonhillis wrote:Would Ohio Wesleyan be out of the way for both teams? It's located in Delaware, 103 miles from athens, 111 from akron. Large stadium, holds 9000.
Hope the game is in the Columbus area. Ohio Wesleyan is a great place to watch a game.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vlI3ktxuB54

How the game ended. huge upset

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Best of luck to Athens....somebody has to win, might as well be you.

ny_defense_21
Waterboy

Post by ny_defense_21 »

So who will be the home team in this game?

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Bulldogs will be the Away team.

lovethemtigers
Waterboy

Post by lovethemtigers »

If you want to win this game, do what you do best, score a lot! SVSM defense has to keep teams below 20pts to win normally, Mooney blew them out early and it was over, 38-7. Athens needs tds early to shake this team. I think you can do it. Dogs 35-22. Bring home the title!

Return to “Football”