Wheelersburg vs Bishop Hartley week #13 Region 17 Final

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Wheelersburg vs Bishop Hartley week #13 Region 17 Final

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

New defense for Burg this week? Heard some different kids will be going both ways this week.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

And it looks good jolly!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Haven't been able to make it up there this week but have heard about it. I was excited about Saturday but now I have to work. Burgfan for this Burg Fan.

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

[quote="
Monday burg worked on strength for practice.(weight room) the last couple days they have been outside going hard! The kids seem fired up and confident. Burg seems to be breaking down Hartley's offense, practicing pretty much every play. Using some of our best players that don't play d to imitate Hartley key players. Very through hard practices! What has Hartley been up to?[/quote]

Great to see that the Burg is confident. From the looks of Hartleys social media sites, they have been outside practicing since Monday.

Here is a preview of the game from Columbus news. Looks like Hartley has a lot of respect for Wheelersburg

http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/sto ... eelersburg

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

If Hartley fans want to keep referring to the Jackson I guess us Burg fans can refer to you win over Cols. St Charles by a score of 24-21. Ironton beat St. Charles 24-23 and Burg owned ironton twice this year.........

Come on people!!!!! How about we let the kids settle this game on the field instead of grown azz men thinking they can win it on here.

Could it be a blowout? Sure it could, but rest assured the Pirates will show up to play. They won't back down just because it is a school from a big city or it is a team that last year beat them.

It is taught at a young age with every Pirate sports player that every time they step onto a field, a diamond or a court that they believe they can win the game they are about to play. Some think of that as being arrogant, I think of it as having confidence. That is one of the reason most of Scioto County has hated the Burg for the 40 some years I have lived here. In that time span I have only seen one losing season and even in that year they made the playoffs at 5-5 and ended up 5-6.

Bottom line, win or lose, Hartley will know they have been in a ball game come Saturday night.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

cg-ironton fan wrote:hey sportsfan , whoever said burg lose by 35 is just really bad even i know burg will come within 35!!

a good line for this game would be hartley -23 1/2

"i say burg, ironton, or eastmoore will give hartley all they want"

so what changed your mind because thats your quote from a few weeks back. watching the overrated burg team spank your tigers for the 3rd straight time convince you the burg isn't as good as you thought or has your oppinion of a hartley team you havent seen play change.

xxChampionxx 5
Riding the Bench

Post by xxChampionxx 5 »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:What has Hartley been up to?
I'm sure that they're not sitting in the film room sipping lattes and laughing at how slow the bumpkins are.

You guys have an awesome head coach and staff who have built up your program into a regional force.

And by region, I don't mean something limited to southeast Ohio or southern Ohio or SOC2 or river people or south of 70 and east of 71 not counting anyone central or excluding non-publics or city folk or anything like that. I'm talking region 17 as OHSAA sees it. You win, and we cheer you onto the end. Our region. Siders want to sit on our side or your side, doesn't matter. We'll cheer for them and their accomplishments this season. And yours. And St Clairsville. Anybody gets better, and we all get better. That's what we want. No running clocks. No out of your league nonsense. A good hard smash mouth battle where one side has to win but the other side still learns and grows from it. And gets better. And goes into the states knowing that they fought their way there.

No one backs their way into this game. It's fought for and it's earned. At week 13, the stupidest thing anyone can do is to look at week 14. Your coach is too smart for that and so is your team. Irrelevant blather of some of our excited fans aside, we're looking forward to this game with a desire to learn and a hope to win. Just like you guys.

It's inevitable. Eventually your commitment, your heart, your tradition, and your hard work will pay off. Maybe this week. Maybe this week next year, but it doesn't matter. You give your best. No one in Hartley team land is looking past you. You're a formidable opponent. Though the excitable fans may crunch numbers and declare a guaranteed victory in advance, the team is not. They are preparing for an epic war that rivals the Punic one. It's our last game as all of them are at this point.

Strong. Tough. Determined. Experienced. Battle-tested. Capable. That's the team we are facing this week, and that's what the team is preparing for. Take nothing and nobody for granted.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Sapientia et Veritas wrote:
I'm sure that they're not sitting in the film room sipping lattes and laughing at how slow the bumpkins are.

You guys have an awesome head coach and staff who have built up your program into a regional force.

And by region, I don't mean something limited to southeast Ohio or southern Ohio or SOC2 or river people or south of 70 and east of 71 not counting anyone central or excluding non-publics or city folk or anything like that. I'm talking region 17 as OHSAA sees it. You win, and we cheer you onto the end. Our region. Siders want to sit on our side or your side, doesn't matter. We'll cheer for them and their accomplishments this season. And yours. And St Clairsville. Anybody gets better, and we all get better. That's what we want. No running clocks. No out of your league nonsense. A good hard smash mouth battle where one side has to win but the other side still learns and grows from it. And gets better. And goes into the states knowing that they fought their way there.

No one backs their way into this game. It's fought for and it's earned. At week 13, the stupidest thing anyone can do is to look at week 14. Your coach is too smart for that and so is your team. Irrelevant blather of some of our excited fans aside, we're looking forward to this game with a desire to learn and a hope to win. Just like you guys.

It's inevitable. Eventually your commitment, your heart, your tradition, and your hard work will pay off. Maybe this week. Maybe this week next year, but it doesn't matter. You give your best. No one in Hartley team land is looking past you. You're a formidable opponent. Though the excitable fans may crunch numbers and declare a guaranteed victory in advance, the team is not. They are preparing for an epic war that rivals the Punic one. It's our last game as all of them are at this point.

Strong. Tough. Determined. Experienced. Battle-tested. Capable. That's the team we are facing this week, and that's what the team is preparing for. Take nothing and nobody for granted.
Great post sap!!

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

"Find a Way"

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

AHM wrote:What kind of factor will this week of practice be? Conditions have been brutal all week. What kind of practices have both teams had? How much have they practiced outstide?

Hartley inside practice... Burg in the Cold, getting ready to play some Football....

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Sapientia et Veritas wrote: Good hard smash mouth battle where one side has to win but the other side still learns and grows from it. And gets better. And goes into the states knowing that they fought their way there.
I hope some Minford fans read this and realize this is what the top programs do week in and week out to prepare themselves for championships. There is a reason why W'burg & Bishop Hartley keep playing for championships. Minford playing NW, South Point, Rock Hill, and the school of the deaf and blind is never going to change things out there in Muletown.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Sapientia et Veritas wrote:

Great post. This is a far cry from previous years. Good to hear the Pirates are earning some respect again in the region. Now it's time to take it a step farther.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Wow this thread has slowed way down! Lol! GO BURG GO!

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Go Pirates ;-)

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Good luck Pirates from this Pa Trojan

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Game prediction:

Hartley 38

Burg 14

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good Luck Burg.

sports87
Riding the Bench

Post by sports87 »

good luck burg play hard and good things will happen

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

That was a great post from sep! and the people here in the burg feel the same way about you folks up there! This is going to be a great game and my prediction for this game is:

Burg 24
BH 21

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

WE ARE THE BURG!!!!!!

Return to “Football”