Week 10 The Pirates vs. The Senators

WestSideFan2002
Riding the Bench

Week 10 The Pirates vs. The Senators

Post by WestSideFan2002 »

If you go off scores and numbers Burg wins big, but we also thought Waverly would beat Minford. It's a game of inches, and this is a rivalry that dates way back, no matter what our predictions are we really don't know, but West is an improved team with tons of heart and Burg well it's ....Burg, they have an excellent college style spread offense, that is very difficult to stop, but Jackson had no problem.

The Halloween bowl is upon us once again, The Gold Ball on the line, the stage is at its prime, this weekend it's trick or treat, and someone will claim defeat, and this year I have to say, it's Burg that's going to get beat.

SOC II showdown

Goodluck Both Teams

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Week 10 The Pirates vs. The Senators

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Thanks mother goose for the great intro. This will be a hard fought game and Da' Burg is going to leave everything on the field this week. It will be tough for West to stop the power running game of Burg. Tough for West to establish a running game against that overrated Pirate D. I am still sticking with my prediction from a few weeks ago. Burg by 3 TD's.

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Post by ridgerunner »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:Thanks mother goose for the great intro. This will be a hard fought game and Da' Burg is going to leave everything on the field this week. It will be tough for West to stop the power running game of Burg. Tough for West to establish a running game against that overrated Pirate D. I am still sticking with my prediction from a few weeks ago. Burg by 3 TD's.
more like cat in the hat but we get the point :lol: hope to meet everyone at jim dandys for a nice pre game meal. :lol:

WestSideFan2002
Riding the Bench

Post by WestSideFan2002 »

I really liked my intro lol, anyways, I don't see it being one sides either way, I see a game coming down to turnovers, west by a score or two or burg by a score or two, Burg played an excellent game last night, but Valley is not very good, and we both know that, west shoulda beat them worse than they did, and 3 touchdowns is a bit far stretched either way, but who really knows

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

The Burg gets a statement win! Good luck in the playoffs Pirates!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Move it to Saturday lol, or better yet Thursday @ MIDNIGHT for a real Halloween "treat" for us that would like to see this match-up.

Can West shake off the "ghost" of Burg having their number the last couple years...

Ok, that is all I got with the Halloween stuff...intro was way better lol.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Captain Awesome wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:Thanks mother goose for the great intro. This will be a hard fought game and Da' Burg is going to leave everything on the field this week. It will be tough for West to stop the power running game of Burg. Tough for West to establish a running game against that overrated Pirate D. I am still sticking with my prediction from a few weeks ago. Burg by 3 TD's.
more like cat in the hat but we get the point :lol: hope to meet everyone at jim dandys for a nice pre game meal. :lol:
Prolly won't get a seat in Jim Dandy this week. The Siders will be chewin up a Big Mo and the free Wifi.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Would enjoy seeing West with the win for the crown but I believe it is Burg that will come out on top by 2 scores.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

I look for this to be a hard fought game by both sides. Im saying West by a score in this one.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

West has everything to lose so to speak in this game Burg is in playoffs already just looking to better it's self in seeding.
So West wants in it is truly going to have to earn it at this point.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

maniac66 wrote:West has everything to lose so to speak in this game Burg is in playoffs already just looking to better it's self in seeding.
This game has always been about more than just getting in the playoffs. Anyone who has ever played in this one will attest to that. Both teams could be sitting on homefield games and it would still be hard fought with something to lose.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

noles_fan wrote:
maniac66 wrote:West has everything to lose so to speak in this game Burg is in playoffs already just looking to better it's self in seeding.
This game has always been about more than just getting in the playoffs. Anyone who has ever played in this one will attest to that. Both teams could be sitting on homefield games and it would still be hard fought with something to lose.
Well said Noles Fan. It's a rivalry like no other. Whether both teams are 10-0 or 0-10. This game is a classic.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

One thing about the West-Burg games that I've seen in the past.. the hits and collisions; usually border on the lines of "Felonious Assaults"! Hoping for a injury free game.

No matter the outcome.. both great programs and venues for fans and players! To the seniors.. play this game as if it's your last and be thankful that you have had the opportunity to play in some of the areas best stadiums, training facilities and programs in Scioto County! Your strengths of schedule and levels of competition; has raised the bar to what successful programs should be!

Great job to the players, coaches and fans for great seasons! Again! :122249 Some are :mrgreen: with envy!

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

This game is pretty much a playoff game for west win or go home...west will definitely have a little advantage being at home but it depends on which west team shows up the one vs Waverly or the one against valley...they better hope it's not the one from Waverly cause if so they shouldn't even come out of the locker room...burg has been pretty consistent all but one game against Jackson but Jackson is prolly the best team in southern ohio IMO with me being a west fan I hope west brings their A game

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Man the burg vs west game! Always a good had hitting game! I think west has a very good team, I just don't think they match up well against burg this year. Burg has developed a tremendous rushing game with a huge line. I think the line will decide this game in burgs favor. Just like valley last week I think west will get wore down in the second half. I look for burg to win this one by 2 scores.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

From what I've seen I gotta go with Burg!

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Post by ridgerunner »

There will be a ton of pressure on the young senators friday night. not only is this for the conference crown, but also for a chance to keep playing beyond week 10. heres hoping for a great game considering the year both have had. should be a good atmosphere, I just wish this one was on a saturday! :122245

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:
Prolly won't get a seat in Jim Dandy this week. The Siders will be chewin up a Big Mo and the free Wifi.
Heck with Jim Dandy. I think I'll go get me something at the Westside Wal-mart. The Dollar store got all kinds of good stuff.

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Post by ridgerunner »

luvbigcats wrote: Heck with Jim Dandy. I think I'll go get me something at the Westside Wal-mart. The Dollar store got all kinds of good stuff.
That sounds good as well, but they don’t have wifi. :lol:

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

Lets go Senators!!!!

Return to “Football”