All Conference

Re: #1 Trimble vs #2 Shadyside for Division VII Region 25 cr

Post by tomcat fan »

Should be a good ole good one

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

First off , You should have TTomcats99 make the thread, He's 2-0 on making playoff threads !! LOL

Going to be a very physical game , and could go either way
Tomcats- 27
Tigers- 21

TOMCAT PRIDE

buckman
Freshman Team

Post by buckman »

Cal Preps says Timble 31 Shadyside 26. I hope they're right. I'm a NY fan turned Trimble fan for the remainder of 2013. Go Cats!!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Looks to be another great playoff matchup! Good luck to both teams but I'm taking Shadyside in a squeaker!

dslig1frompriz
Riding the Bench

Post by dslig1frompriz »

I hope the cats can get ahead early and force,slimshady to throw the ball. If that happens, it could get out of hand.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

The Enforcer wrote:First off , You should have TTomcats99 make the thread, He's 2-0 on making playoff threads !! LOL

Tomcats- 27
Tigers- 21

TOMCAT PRIDE
Lol. I waited almost all day. Tomcat Pride

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Shadyside 43 Toronto 0
S. Catholic Central 42 Toronto 3

Shadyside 46 Bellaire 29
S. Catholic Central 55 Bellaire 35

Shadyside 52 Barnesville 0
S. Catholic Central 56 Barnesville 0

Trimble 27 S. Catholic Central 22

Should be a close one. Go Tomcats!!

Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

Cats roll in this one.

CG Jammin Moo
Waterboy

Post by CG Jammin Moo »

Tomcats by 2 scores

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I have the utmost respect for both of these teams.
Newark Catholic has battle both, Shadyside many of times, it seems.
I am speaking solely on my behalf and my experiences when watching these two teams play.

Other than a very excited fan for Shadyside having words with my brother over cussing at players(no way the players heard) with small kids around, all of the Shadyside fans I have met/talked to have been great. Including the guy I mentioned before after the cops talked to him he came over gave my brother a man hug and things went back to normal.

Trimble fans including last weekend were all awesome. One fan mentioned the garbage on this site and said something to the effect he was glad his small town team won and did so with class.

Overall both sets of fans for these two very solid programs are awesome and I adore the way they back their teams. Both are loud at the games and for the most part seem to understand the refs will get a call wrong now and again.

For what little it matters after seeing both teams I will say this.

Shadyside's lines for the smaller divisions schools is the best I have watched play. They are/were dominate on both sides of the ball and as the game went on, they seem to get stronger.

The running game looked good to me aided by the play of the Off line.
I think S.S. can have a lot of success running the ball down the throat of the Trimble defense and could have some going outside. But where I think they could have the most success is throw the deep ball (though Trimble is, from what I am reading getting their safety back) and that was a big problem area for them last week.
I know S.S. is not Kenton when it comes to the passing attack, but without some sort of hint of one, I think that could be their downfall, not saying it will, just my thoughts.

On defense again the line play was outstanding, which led to good pressure on the QB.
The linebacker play was decent enough to do the job they needed to do.
I think they will knock your head off, with the way they tackle and get to the ball.
Tackle first, strip second is what I got from them, when watching.

Pass defense was I/M/O (which means little) was average at best.
I think they are fine with the short type passes, but have problems with the med/longer passes.
Again the great line play will/should be able to aid in the pass defense, as most know.

Trimble on offense is potent with the way they choose to include the QB running the ball
I do believe they will have problems with the up the gut type runs against the S.S. defense, but could have success with draw plays, especially with the QB and with misdirection type plays.

I think if the passing game is to succeed like I think it will
The QB can not telegraph his throws like he did last night. The S.S. staff is way to smart not have picked up on this in the last game. There were to keys that in this process he will have to change I.M.O, but that I will not post.
(I have been told the last game was the first time he did this to the degree he did)

I also think the screen could work big time if they have sets where they can run misdirection it.
Licking Valley had the best screen pass set/play I have watched when they ran it with their stud tailbacks.
Nothing will matter if the O-Line can not stop the D-line of S.S.

Defensively I think and yes this is a lot of my thinking in the Newark Catholic plan I have. Trimble will have to load the box as much as possible and pray they can go man up, with super tight coverage on the receivers.
Must take away the slant and pressure the QB, who I believe is a true talent.

My prediction is this
If Shadyside relies solely on the run game and are forced to pass after falling behind they lose by 14 plus.

If they use their talented QB in the throwing game it is a toss up, I.M.O.

If a gun was held to my head I would predict
Trimble by six

bigblue allday
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue allday »

tomcat fan wrote:
The Enforcer wrote:First off , You should have TTomcats99 make the thread, He's 2-0 on making playoff threads !! LOL

Tomcats- 27
Tigers- 21

TOMCAT PRIDE
Lol. I waited almost all day. Tomcat Pride
I was going to guys but I was working the OU basketball game today lol i will say if we go back to our play calling like we saw the first 11 games i dont think we will have a problem 27-21 trimble. Go cats

dslig1frompriz
Riding the Bench

Post by dslig1frompriz »

Shadyside's fans are pretty cocky. I would like to see the Cats win and go for 2 after scoring a late touchdown.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Natisilverback wrote:Shadyside's fans are pretty cocky. I would like to see the Cats win and go for 2 after scoring a late touchdown.
Only way that happens is if We need to go for 2, I would love to say Trimblw wins easily by 3 scores and the 2nd team will play the 4th Q. But that's not happening here this will be a hard fraught game , I just hope We have more points at the end!!

TOMCAT PRIDE!!!

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Trimble defense too much for Slim Shady,Trimble 14 Shadyside 7,Go Cats

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Good Luck to The Tomcats from the Burg

n4sir
Freshman Team

Post by n4sir »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:I have the utmost respect for both of these teams.
Newark Catholic has battle both, Shadyside many of times, it seems.
I am speaking solely on my behalf and my experiences when watching these two teams play.

Other than a very excited fan for Shadyside having words with my brother over cussing at players(no way the players heard) with small kids around, all of the Shadyside fans I have met/talked to have been great. Including the guy I mentioned before after the cops talked to him he came over gave my brother a man hug and things went back to normal.

Trimble fans including last weekend were all awesome. One fan mentioned the garbage on this site and said something to the effect he was glad his small town team won and did so with class.

Overall both sets of fans for these two very solid programs are awesome and I adore the way they back their teams. Both are loud at the games and for the most part seem to understand the refs will get a call wrong now and again.

For what little it matters after seeing both teams I will say this.

Shadyside's lines for the smaller divisions schools is the best I have watched play. They are/were dominate on both sides of the ball and as the game went on, they seem to get stronger.

The running game looked good to me aided by the play of the
I think S.S. can have a lot of success running the ball down the throat of the Trimble defense and could have some going outside. But where I think they could have the most success is throw the deep ball (though Trimble is, from what I am reading getting their safety back) and that was a big problem area for them last week.
I know S.S. is not Kenton when it comes to the passing attack, but without some sort of hint of one, I think that could be their downfall, not saying it will, just my thoughts.

On defense again the line play was outstanding, which led to good pressure on the QB.
The linebacker play was decent enough to do the job they needed to do.
I think they will knock your head off, with the way they tackle and get to the ball.
Tackle first, strip second is what I got from them, when watching.

Pass defense was I/M/O (which means little) was average at best.
I think they are fine with the short type passes, but have problems with the med/longer passes.
Again the great line play will/should be able to aid in the pass defense, as most know.

Trimble on offense is potent with the way they choose to include the QB running the ball
I do believe they will have problems with the up the gut type runs against the S.S. defense, but could have success with draw plays, especially with the QB and with misdirection type plays.

I think if the passing game is to succeed like I think it will
The QB can not telegraph his throws like he did last night. The S.S. staff is way to smart not have picked up on this in the last game. There were to keys that in this process he will have to change I.M.O, but that I will not post.
(I have been told the last game was the first time he did this to the degree he did)

I also think the screen could work big time if they have sets where they can run misdirection it.
Licking Valley had the best screen pass set/play I have watched when they ran it with their stud tailbacks.
Nothing will matter if the O-Line can not stop the D-line of S.S.

Defensively I think and yes this is a lot of my thinking in the Newark Catholic plan I have. Trimble will have to load the box as much as possible and pray they can go man up, with super tight coverage on the receivers.
Must take away the slant and pressure the QB, who I believe is a true talent.

My prediction is this
If Shadyside relies solely on the run game and are forced to pass after falling behind they lose by 14 plus.

If they use their talented QB in the throwing game it is a toss up, I.M.O.

If a gun was held to my head I would predict
Trimble by six
I think your spot on with your game plan Newarkcatholicfan.....could not Agee more. We can win this game.......thanks for your support!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

From what I gather both of Shadyside's lines are very god and will control this game, will be a nail biter with Shadyside winning by 7-10 points!

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

In my opinion this will be a low scoring defensive game & if my prediction turns out to be true I think Trimble fans will be thrilled especially with that great defense. I think the Cats D is the difference. I predict Trimble 14 Shadyside 12

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

continued good luck and well wishes to the trimle tomcats.

Return to “Football”