Week 12 Region 9: #1 Athens vs. #4 Tri-Valley

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Week 12 Region 9: #1 Athens vs. #4 Tri-Valley

Post by 93Bulldog »

89 team did not get destroyed in the playoffs! The 1990 team did. (1989 never made the playoffs despite having a better record than the 1990 team.)

In 1989 only 4 teams made it. Athens would have been the No. 5 seed and I guarantee they would have won a game or two.
In 1990 Athens made it as the No. 4 seed and had to play at No. 1 seed DeSales. Under the current format they would have hosted a game and had a winnable match-up.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

93Bulldog wrote:89 team did not get destroyed in the playoffs! The 1990 team did. (1989 never made the playoffs despite having a better record than the 1990 team.)

In 1989 only 4 teams made it. Athens would have been the No. 5 seed and I guarantee they would have won a game or two.
In 1990 Athens made it as the No. 4 seed and had to play at No. 1 seed DeSales. Under the current format they would have hosted a game and had a winnable match-up.
Wasn't that Bubba's team? Boy DeSales was unreal that year. I think I read that Tom recently passed away of cancer.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

yes to all three.

DeSales had this DT named Luke Fickel ... yea, he was pretty good I'd say.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

93Bulldog wrote:yes to all three.

DeSales had this DT named Luke Fickel ... yea, he was pretty good I'd say.
Yeah, and he was only a junior that game! :lol: :lol:

BA11A
Waterboy

Post by BA11A »

Raider6309 wher are these records kept or how are you coming up withe these numbers. Cause I was told that these records didn't exist. ANd are we talking in a single season records or combined records from their careers. Cause If that is the case I am Sure that the Sharp Kid has to have some type of record.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Falcon89 wrote:Raider6309 wher are these records kept or how are you coming up withe these numbers. Cause I was told that these records didn't exist. ANd are we talking in a single season records or combined records from their careers. Cause If that is the case I am Sure that the Sharp Kid has to have some type of record.
I have all of Devon's stats. I don't think he ever topped 1,500 - but I will have to look it up. Stats going back to 2009 are piled up in my cabinet and I just don't have time right now to dig them out.

BA11A
Waterboy

Post by BA11A »

I guess that will happen when you don't play the second half of games. And by records you are going with the whole season, playoffs incuded? I guess it doesn't matter just wondering. Let's get the job done on Friday Bulldogs.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Falcon89 wrote:I guess that will happen when you don't play the second half of games. And by records you are going with the whole season, playoffs incuded? I guess it doesn't matter just wondering. Let's get the job done on Friday Bulldogs.
Records include playoff games in the state record book. I would guess school records are done the same way but I do not know for sure. We can only assume these kids are breaking school records judging by the numbers in the state record book. The career passing record is without a doubt broken and since other than the 2001-2003 teams we didn't pass that often one would assume the season totals for Burrow are also school marks. The career rushing record would be a different story, many fine running backs have had some pretty good seasons so the season mark would be in some question but the career mark you would have to think in is reach of Williams but would be much more speculative.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Williams broke Ryan Adams school record. Sharp never went over 1500. Don't forget the 1971 Athens. Went 9-1. Athens lost to at the time AP number 1 Ironton(ended ap3). Destroyed AP ranked Circleville at the end of the year. Athens ended up AP 8. Athens had 4, 500 yard rushers. Won the seoal with Ironton

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

LoganLocos has Athens stats...I'm not sure if he has all the stats from 2000-2004, but I know he did a great job keeping them in 2003...

I know Athens has never had a 2,000 yard rusher...that may change next season...

BA11A
Waterboy

Post by BA11A »

I guess I am mystified by these records coming out now when the AD said that records weren't kept but oh well. And Athens could have easily had a 2,000 yard rusher in 2010 and 2011 but the back never played in the second hale or in the entire game.

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

I’m bored and reading. On our way to the sunshine state
-just an fyi. Jared Humphreys was recruited heavily by Miami of Ohio for defense, Marietta wanted him for both football and baseball and OU football - but both head coaches were replaced at Miami and OU - so they were out - still had looks at him. Ohio Dominican, Marietta and Hillsdale Michigan were his offers. He had a great time at the north south game and came away (as a receiver) with south offensive pog.
Coach Fenik and Gibby both recommended Jared to Kent baseball coach Stricklin. He watched Jared in the district all star game where he played SS, outfield and pitched.
Offered him Kent State partial scholarship and that was it. And boy was I one happy momma!

Return to “Football”