8-0 Valley @ 8-0 Wheelersburg SOC2 Championship

BurgGrad6
SE

8-0 Valley @ 8-0 Wheelersburg SOC2 Championship

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Here we go! The game we have all been waiting for! Can valley slow down burgs passing game and can burg slo down valleys running game? What's your thoughts on this SOC II CHAMPIONSHIP GAME??

nutronron2012
All State

Re: Week 9 wheelersburg 8-0 vs Valley 8-0

Post by nutronron2012 »

This should be another EPIC BATTLE just like last year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

valley vs northwest score?

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

93Bulldog wrote:valley vs northwest score?
54-12

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

So, this is in the Wheelersburg trophy case....

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

chicken_coop wrote:So, this is in the Wheelersburg trophy case....

WOW...Thats Pretty arrogant.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Yeah that's pretty arrogant but not surprised since it's burg. I'll go with the running team. To much chances of a turnover with passing valley 21-burg 14.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

I would rather see Burg win than Valley, just my preference, got no dog in the fight. BUT I think Valley by 14.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Wait, where is this game

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

urban buck wrote:Wait, where is this game
At wheelersburg

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

nutronron2012 wrote:

Confidence is generally described as a state of being certain either that a hypothesis or prediction is correct or that a chosen course of action is the best or most effective. Self-confidence is having confidence in oneself. Arrogance or hubris in this comparison, is having unmerited confidence—believing something or someone is capable or correct when they are not. Overconfidence or presumptuousness is excessive belief in someone (or something) succeeding, without any regard for failure. Confidence can be a self-fulfilling prophecy as those without it may fail or not try because they lack it and those with it may succeed because they have it rather than because of an innate ability.

Confidence ;-)

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

nutronron2012 wrote:

LOL. They're trying to motivate themselves. I don't think that's arrogant, juvenile maybe. Going to be a great game. If Burg plays sounds D and can get a couple of stops, they will have a good chance at filling that case.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

most amazing thing about this thread to this point is that it took until 10:18 to get started. should be a fun week.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I wish Burg would allow VSN to come out and do the game for all the outta town folks lol

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

D-5 wrote:
nutronron2012 wrote:

Confidence is generally described as a state of being certain either that a hypothesis or prediction is correct or that a chosen course of action is the best or most effective. Self-confidence is having confidence in oneself. Arrogance or hubris in this comparison, is having unmerited confidence—believing something or someone is capable or correct when they are not. Overconfidence or presumptuousness is excessive belief in someone (or something) succeeding, without any regard for failure. Confidence can be a self-fulfilling prophecy as those without it may fail or not try because they lack it and those with it may succeed because they have it rather than because of an innate ability.

Confidence ;-)
While the realist in me agrees, the fan of the defending league champs riding a winning streak is more than content knowing that picture exists. I'll say what some of my Burg co-workers and I have said about this picture since it surfaced a while back....

The Burg viewpoint is going to be that it's self-confidence. I've even heard "That's how we at Burg are supposed to think!" From the Valley perspective, I say GOOD!!! Our kids didn't need any extra motivation, but a little something extra to make them even more hungry to repeat again sure won't hurt ;)

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Week 9 is the biggest game of the year for both teams. Both have skilled players, play solid defense and really good coach's leading their respective programs. This game will come down to field position and turnovers IMO.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Are we going to talk about a stupid picture or about this epic matchup?

The Burgs defense has gotten better every game and completely shut down Minford tonight. The Falcons, even with that massive offensive line, could only muster 67 yards rushing on I believe 35+ attempts and only 24 passing yards for 91 total. The Burg may be able to get a few stops against the Indians and keep them from scoring. The big question is, can the Indians stop or even slow down a very potent Burg offense? No one this season has stopped them yet. They can pretty much score at will when they want to and do it very quickly. This game will come down to whether or not Valley can stop the Burgs offense. They will have to match the Pirates score for score to beat them.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Miller wont run wild he will be contained Burg has not played a D like they are going to play this week as well Valley has not played an Offense like Burgs either not allowing Miller to run at will and Valley will have to protect the pass when he does throw he has very good receivers this will be a good game Burg will also have to stop Valleys run game that will be very hard to do. This is the game we all have been waiting for...!!!!!!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Valley has played who again? I'll take a Battle Tested Burg!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

I don't know how in the hell to pick this game. Both teams have dominate resumes. Obviously can go either way, no one will be surprised no matter who wins. Most likely will come down to a huge break and we all know how darn lucky Valley is! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whoever wins I see a 22-20 type score, good luck to both squads! Should be epic to say the least!

Return to “Football”