Ironton to the OVC?

I AM FORREST
Riding the Bench

Ironton to the OVC?

Post by I AM FORREST »

FORREST SAYS: it will happen what do u think? P.S. the meeting is this morning 9am!!!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ironton to the OVC?

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Ironton being in OVC hurts them in football, but for the other sports itll be easier to schedule plus less travel. Of course with Portsmouth being there it kinda helps strengthen the football part and if rumors are right and Gallipolis is a candidate for the league then you have a pretty decent league. I think its wrong move for football though.

I AM FORREST
Riding the Bench

Post by I AM FORREST »

FORREST SAYS: tiger cannon how is your nonOVC SCHEDULE WORKING THIS YR :razz:

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

I think it's the right move at the right time. If Gallia gets in as well it's the beginning of building a very competitive league. JMO

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

I AM FORREST wrote:FORREST SAYS: tiger cannon how is your nonOVC SCHEDULE WORKING THIS YR :razz:
The record may not be what most are use to but after watching Fridays game you can see growth and maturity. They looked their best this past Friday. This team should be tons of fun to watch for the next few years with the experience they're gaining each week! Looking forward to returning some of these lumps that have been handed out this year!

cghornet10
JV Team

Post by cghornet10 »

The vote must be unanimous, and that's not gonna be the case; Ironton will not get voted in.

I don't know why Ironton would want to join anyways? Maybe for the baseball & basketball match-ups, but they'd be much better off finding teams that will provide decent playoff points.

I AM FORREST
Riding the Bench

Post by I AM FORREST »

FORREST SAYS: unanimous is not true, don't know where that came from? The by laws for the league say if more than one team votes no. :122248 so it takes 2 no votes

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

I AM FORREST wrote:FORREST SAYS: it will happen what do u think? P.S. the meeting is this morning 9am!!!

i think it is the best place for them too if they keep it around 8 teams ironton could still schedule 3 non ovc games a perfect fit be sure to let us know forrest you the man LOL

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
I AM FORREST wrote:FORREST SAYS: it will happen what do u think? P.S. the meeting is this morning 9am!!!

i think it is the best place for them too if they keep it around 8 teams ironton could still schedule 3 non ovc games a perfect fit be sure to let us know forrest you the man LOL
If there is more teams to come I think they'd have to consider two divisions. Just simply to allow teams to schedule non conference opponents to put them in position for the playoffs??

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

on a mission wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:

If there is more teams to come I think they'd have to consider two divisions. Just simply to allow teams to schedule non conference opponents to put them in position for the playoffs??
exactly , and if they can just leave it at 8 teams , ironton 3 non conf games would make up for 2 ovc teams being down each year(0-10, 1-9 records LOL)

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

I AM FORREST wrote:FORREST SAYS: tiger cannon how is your nonOVC SCHEDULE WORKING THIS YR :razz:
I can always count on my favorite Bumble Bee for a little humor in the morning with my coffee..........Rodney needs to find a new hiding place for your keyboard......... :) :) :) :)

I AM FORREST
Riding the Bench

Post by I AM FORREST »

FORREST SAYS: TTT glad you enjoyed your coffee this morning!!! :mad: :mad:

I AM FORREST
Riding the Bench

Post by I AM FORREST »

FORREST SAYS: BREAKING NEWS!!! IRONTON IS THE NEWEST MEMBER OF THE OVC!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I AM FORREST wrote:FORREST SAYS: BREAKING NEWS!!! IRONTON IS THE NEWEST MEMBER OF THE OVC!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
I gotta believe they get one more to make it an even 8. Good move for Ironton and Portsmouth imo.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

I AM FORREST wrote:FORREST SAYS: BREAKING NEWS!!! IRONTON IS THE NEWEST MEMBER OF THE OVC!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

thanks for the update hope your winter weather forecast is little snow and mild LOL

Hey forrest any mention of a 8th team ???
Last edited by Trojan_Pride on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

If this is true, I think it is a dandy move for the OVC. Competitive rivalries will get even better, they will enjoy the benefit of being so close proximity to their rivals. Adding Ptown and Ironton, makes for a great league and competitive with the SOC. Great news!

I AM FORREST
Riding the Bench

Post by I AM FORREST »

FORREST SAYS: as of right now Gallipolis said no. As for another team there r no other prospects at this time!!! ;-)

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Congrats to Ironton. Not to mention the fact that the student-athletes will be able to battle for a conference title. An added bonus being apart of a league instead of independent.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

This should have been a no-brainer with either the OVC or SOC. I'm shocked the SOC never made a move for Ironton and Portsmouth.

Big pickup for the OVC with both schools.

LITTLE TIGER
Waterboy

Post by LITTLE TIGER »

WHEN WILL IRONTON BEGIN PLAY IN THE OVC, 2014????

Return to “Football”