Vinton County 34 Piketon 20

Dundas
SEOPS

Vinton County 34 Piketon 20

Post by Dundas »

Vinton County will travel west into Pike County to face its second SVC opponent this year, the Piketon Redstreaks. Piketon is coming off a close 14-7 loss to rival Waverly while VC seen its first season opening victory since 2008 with a 33-20 win over the Tanks of Unioto. This will only be the 4th all time meeting between the two schools. The road team has won each game. Piketon holds a 2-1 advantage all time.

2010: Piketon 21-0
2011: Vinton Co. 30-27
2012: Piketon 26-12
Last edited by Dundas on Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

black76
JV Team

Re: Week 2: 1-0 Vinton County vs 0-1 Piketon

Post by black76 »

Vinton County by 3 touchdowns. Would rather see Piketon win this one, don't see it happening.

GAHSGurlie
Waterboy

Post by GAHSGurlie »

I dont know much about Piketon but they better be ready. Vikings defense will have to stop big plays. Their offense will score. Run game is too strong not to. If Piketon has weak DBs they lose by 3 TDs. Long is looking good at QB both passing and running. Plus either Ousley Hayes or Schrader can score at any time. I believe VC wins 42-15.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

VC played a pretty good game Friday night while Piketon was on the wrong end of a close game. I have made it a point to express my belief that VC is the most improved team in the TVC Ohio but I'm not sure I think they are 3 scores better than Piketon at this point. Piketon played and won a tight game with Waverly last year so I wasn't to stunned at that score Friday and I think they will play better against VC.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

This game will be a better gauge to see how far Piketon has to go to rebuild. Everyone plays better in big rivalry games. Best of luck to both teams.
Last edited by noles_fan on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

VC should win big as long as everyone is healthy. They have to score fast, often, and early. They looked tired in the fourth quarter. But they all play both ways. I think the Vikes had drives stall and gave up that last td due to fatigue. The more we score early the easier it will be to defend late. Never take anyone lightly, and play till the end. GO VIKES!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think Vinton County has something special happening and I am gonna drink some of that Koolaid......VC by 12!

Good luck to both teams.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Vikings start the season 2-0 with a big win @ Piketon. Vinton County by 3 touchdowns.GO VIKES.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Drink it up O&B! VC is going for its FIRST 2-0 start since 2004. If the offense cuts down on turnovers, the Vikes should have a shot.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Good Luck Vikings.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

You know what O&B, I am drinking some of the maroon Kool-Aid too, think Ousley, Long and Caudill and company win by 18 over the Redstreaks, and go to 2-0 on the year.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

I like vinton county in this one but i think it will be by less then 2 scores. I think your giving that unioto team to much credit and not giving piketon enough. piketon will tire them out with fast pace offense and that will keep the game close. But i agree vikings go 2-0

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

VC goes 2 and 0

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

kvnchambers wrote:I like vinton county in this one but i think it will be by less then 2 scores. I think your giving that unioto team to much credit and not giving piketon enough. piketon will tire them out with fast pace offense and that will keep the game close. But i agree vikings go 2-0
I think the U can beat Piketon. The streaks are really down. They are rebuilding and its hard to when you lost what they lost. The differennce with us being young and them being young is our juniors and sophomores have Friday night experience. They had to play a lot last year. Just my opinion.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

VC gets the vote from me ...... But I don't know much about Piketon ... But if Transplant and Dundas have faith, I guess I'll jump on the wagon too .....

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

The Vikes can't let the win last week go to thier heads! I think this team could be one of the best football educated teams I have seen at Vinton County for a long time. They are exciting to watch, they just need to stay focused and continue playing fundamental football. One thing is for sure they need to avoid injuries; they are not deep with experience anywhere! They do have some great young players that will improve as the season goes on.

Andy Long is the biggest key to the team winning, he is a leader that knows how to use his teammates properly and efficiently.
On the other side of the ball the "D" sticks and wraps better then I have seen in several seasons. I did not see them play last 2 season while I was living in Alabama, but kept up with the team and others through the media.
They actually had more turnovers than the Tanks last week, but unlike in the past they played through it instead of putting thier heads down and giving up. That replects coaching!

I like VC in this game as big or as close as they want it. They just need to take them one at a time; avoid looking ahead.

GO VIKES
Must mention an ex-TVC Ohio player (Wellston) Jay Prater playing for Northwestern.

cowboysTe74
Waterboy

Post by cowboysTe74 »

Man I wish I could bring myself to drink this cool aid, now don't get me wrong I think long and company had a good showing but that was week 1, from where I sat the U shot there self in the foot early , that happens to a lot of teams week 1, In saying that I don't think the U is very good at all and are looking at along season, I don't believe Piketon will make those mistakes I see this being close and could go either way .Hope I am wrong and The Vikes win by 3 tds.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VC got out to a good start last week but they also begged Unioto to come back with turnover after turnover in the middle to late portion of the game. Every time the U would cut into the lead, the Vikes answered. Mistakes were made by both teams. If VC holds on to the ball, they should win. If not, it could go either way.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

I will gladly eat crow if VC wins by 3 TD's....and maybe take a sip of the Kool-Aid...I believe this will be a close one. Piketon did lose a ton of talent...but they still have some weapons.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

I'll say Piketon in a tight one

Return to “Football”