Portsmouth West Athletic Department

DaRecGuy
Freshman Team

Portsmouth West Athletic Department

Post by DaRecGuy »

Something needs to be done with the Athletics starting at the TOP!

First of all you had the AD/Football Coach drop the ball on scrimmages and a Jamboree Game, ended up with ONE scrimmage game for the kids! I feel for the kids especially the seniors that got ONE scrimmage game then come out and play their second game under the lights when its most teams FOURTH game already! One game makes a huge difference at the high school level. Then you have 19 coaches on the sideline at EVERY football game, this looks and is RIDICULOUS! Its great that everyone wants to help out but help out at practice ONLY there is NO NEED for the coaches to outnumber the players on the sideline.

Regulator
All Conference

Re: Portsmouth West Athletic Department

Post by Regulator »

Ooooookkkkkk

????????????????? Why are you throwing all athletics into one poor showing of football??????

I believe not all teams need something done. Typical west side.

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

And where are you from Regulator?

jagered
JV Team

Post by jagered »

They are not going to do anything about all the coaches RecGuy they are and have been afraid of them for years!!! How is work going?

Sider95
Riding the Bench

Post by Sider95 »

I agree daRecGuy. The one sport they really dropped the ball on was the boys and girls soccer teams. They had two people apply for both jobs that has over twenty years experience but yet they gave them to people that has no idea how the game works. The only sport they really even care about is football. The boys soccer team had a better winning percentage than the football team last. I wonder when the last time that happened if ever and it looks like it will be the same this year. Baseball has been the best best sport at West for a few years now. I have been pretty disappointed with the decision makers about the coaching jobs.

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

As a wheelersburg fan I love the current administration!

OrginialYouKnow
JV Team

Post by OrginialYouKnow »

daRecGuy wrote:Something needs to be done with the Athletics starting at the TOP!

First of all you had the AD/Football Coach drop the ball on scrimmages and a Jamboree Game, ended up with ONE scrimmage game for the kids! I feel for the kids especially the seniors that got ONE scrimmage game then come out and play their second game under the lights when its most teams FOURTH game already! One game makes a huge difference at the high school level. Then you have 19 coaches on the sideline at EVERY football game, this looks and is RIDICULOUS! Its great that everyone wants to help out but help out at practice ONLY there is NO NEED for the coaches to outnumber the players on the sideline.
I agree,with all the extra "coaches" on the sideline it is a big distraction.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

daRecGuy wrote:Something needs to be done with the Athletics starting at the TOP!

First off Wellston backed out of a scrimmage at the last minute so there is nothing you can do about that. But I do agree with you on the too many coaches on the sideline. I have been saying that for years. As far as Football get more attention than the other sports that is because football accounts for the majority of the athletics budget. Most high school sports could not survive without the money football brings in.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Very true.You be talking to the wall noles and wasting your time. They that b#@## have no idea.Most of the time it is a waste of breath. I do know that soccer has won maybe 5 games in 3 or 4 years at West? Face it, there are some school systems that have more money than others, more professional companies in the community, more opportunities for making money. Money, both in the system and in the community, helps breed success of programs. and on and on.Oh then Stop looking at the sideline if it DISTRACTS you that much! Having sat on the boe , not at West, I have seen folks b#@%% about anything and everything.

MODERATOR 1
Riding the Bench

Post by MODERATOR 1 »

If you have a problem with your AD go to your school board, don't bash them on here..........

Return to “Football”