Why are players leaving Gallipolis?

jottings
SEOPS H

Why are players leaving Gallipolis?

Post by jottings »

After 10 or more years of success in all sports, why are today's athletes leaving GAHS for other schools?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Why are players leaving Gallipolis?

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

where are they going to play at jottings.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

other schools in the county.
or just a decline in athletes.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

did they get the stadium underway there outside town yet.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

This has been going on for at least 5 years...Pt. Pleasant, South Gallia, Huntington St. Joe, Oak Hill, Fairland, Jackson, etc.
Last edited by jottings on Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Nope. Everybody in area has new or improved facilities. All is OK with all sports facilities at GAHS except football.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

I am sure it has nothing to do with the fans. gallia used to have the best and classiest fans around they routed for their team. If you were a visitor they made life hard on you but it was very respectful. Now a lot of times i am embarrassed to set in the stands with a lot of people attend games. they are a embarrassment to themselves, the school and the community. Often boo there own players and coaches. a lot of them act like they are entitled to something. The kids here it. their friends hear it and their parents hear it. I don't blame any kid who does not want to play there right now. no offense to river valley but reminds me of what went on out there for years.

With that said, several have left for different reasons. A transfer that happened a couple of years ago the talk on here was all the kid did not like coaching and this and that. as a friend of the parents. the decision had been made that when the kid reached a certain age he would go somewhere else. they had talked like that since boy was 6. everyone shocked when family did what they said they were going to do for 10 years in private.

oh well that is my 2 cents i am sure i will here about it when you see me this fall.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Gallia might be down, but I think with the new league they will come around.
With being closer to the schools I can see Gallia becoming more interested in sports.

You will soon see the Blue Devils on many OVC all sport teams.
Last edited by noreply66 on Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Jottings wrote:After 10 or more years of success in all sports, why are today's athletes leaving GAHS for other schools?

We don't have athletes anymore and the politics don't work anymore when your numbers of quality players is down. We may beat Rock Hill and South Point in Football but Chessy, Coal Grove, Ironton, Portsmouth & Fairland have just as good of athletes as we do now!! Were not the Big Kid on the block now!
Basketball we are going to struggle!! Our Basketball team has been a train wreck for at least 10 yrs!!! I only know of 1 leaving at this point and all the chitter chatter makes him look relevant ,why would anyone even give a kid leaving to go to a rival 2 words of discussion?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well ole bait hopes the blue boys from the French city gets it back in gear. as they join the ovc next year,

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

Bevo wrote:
Jottings wrote:After 10 or more years of success in all sports, why are today's athletes leaving GAHS for other schools?

We don't have athletes anymore and the politics don't work anymore when your numbers of quality players is down. We may beat Rock Hill and South Point in Football but Chessy, Coal Grove, Ironton, Portsmouth & Fairland have just as good of athletes as we do now!! Were not the Big Kid on the block now!
Basketball we are going to struggle!! Our Basketball team has been a train wreck for at least 10 yrs!!! I only know of 1 leaving at this point and all the chitter chatter makes him look relevant ,why would anyone even give a kid leaving to go to a rival 2 words of discussion?

I dont think it maters. wish Wes the best of luck. Just hope he digs down deep and shows his best stuff. Kid has a lot of god given gifts but so far his high school career has been a lot of potential not a lot of results. Some do to injury some do to?????

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I think GA joining the OVC will be a big help.
Winning helps a lot of schools and the OVC is a league down at the moment.
Now can they beat Ironton and coal grove and Chesapeake when they are hot or Portsmouth when they get it together only time can tell.
But Athens made a move and sorry to bring this up but it was for the best for them and it paid off.
Sometimes change is better than good it is great and GA needed a change and the OVC maybe be the medicine it needed.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they thought they'd seen the last of them fighting tigers maniac.not so fast my friend.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

YTB I said 5 years ago GA and Portsmouth and Ironton was going to be joining the OVC and everyone thought I was nuts for saying it.
I knew Ironton and GA would resume playing Football things just had to be shaken out.
And I have a friend that lives in Louisville that said Ky was looking at how to redo their playoffs.
If that happens there maybe no more district games and may free up schools to join conferences if that happens the OVC may expand into a 2 division league.
Ashland Russell and possibility Raceland joining and that would open the door for Jackson if they would want to do the drive among many other scenarios.
It's just talk I admit but be a nice little conference for sure and travel would be nice overall.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ky. needs to redo their playoffs I remember a 1-9 greenup county team in the playoffs which is total nonsense.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Several teams over the years have been making playoffs with really bad records they are looking at the WV rating system and Ohio's among others I am told.
At one time they didn't want to change it because it gave kids on bad teams a chance to go to the post season but now they see losing 60-0 or worse is really bad for them.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:ky. needs to redo their playoffs I remember a 1-9 greenup county team in the playoffs which is total nonsense.
I thought you were joking, looked up last year's bracket, in Raceland's bracket alone (1A), there were 3 winless teams, 4 1-win teams, and 2 2-win teams in the playoffs and, of all the .500 or less teams in the playoffs, only 1 advanced and that's because it was a 4-6 team playing a 5-5 team. They need to decrease the number of playoff teams to 16 to get rid of all the .500 and below teams. Maybe extend the regular season by a week but do watch WV does by adding a bye week for teams and keep it at 10 games maximum.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

GoBucks1047 wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:ky. needs to redo their playoffs I remember a 1-9 greenup county team in the playoffs which is total nonsense.
I thought you were joking, looked up last year's bracket, in Raceland's bracket alone (1A), there were 3 winless teams, 4 1-win teams, and 2 2-win teams in the playoffs and, of all the .500 or less teams in the playoffs, only 1 advanced and that's because it was a 4-6 team playing a 5-5 team. They need to decrease the number of playoff teams to 16 to get rid of all the .500 and below teams. Maybe extend the regular season by a week but do watch WV does by adding a bye week for teams and keep it at 10 games maximum.
Like take the top 2 teams from each 4-5 team district and shape the bracket to keep things geographical so that you don't have Raceland playing in like Paducah

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GoBucks1047 wrote:
NO BASICALLY EVERYBODY MAKES IT BECAUSE OF THE DISTRICT SETUP. IT'S A JOKE.

superman06
Riding the Bench

Post by superman06 »

[quote="Bevo"][quote="Jottings"]After 10 or more years of success in all sports, why are today's athletes leaving GAHS for other schools?[/quote]

Basketball we are going to struggle!! Our Basketball team has been a train wreck for at least 10 yrs!!! I only know of 1 leaving at this point and all the chitter chatter makes him look relevant ,why would anyone even give a kid leaving to go to a rival 2 words of discussion?[/quote]he

Basketball became awful after the powers that be got rid of Oz...dumbest move ever!!! He may have slowed down the pace of play but at least GA won games or was in games the majority of time. They will get crushed in the OVC.

Return to “Football”