2015 Wellston at Jackson

Rocket Proud
Freshman Team

Re: WK1 Wellston at Jackson

Post by Rocket Proud »

Congrats to Jackson on the win. I saw good sportsmanship and the officiating was not a factor. Jackson had to earn the win. Wellston limited turnovers and penalties. They played hard to the end. Jackson is one of the best teams on the schedule.
I am excited about the rest of the season. Good luck to Jackson the rest of the way.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Glad the Ironmen got the win, but they have a lot to work on. The schedule gets VERY tough starting next week with Chillicothe. Jackson can't continue to put the ball on the ground like they did last night and expect to be competitive the next few weeks. I'm confident that Coach Hall and his staff will get these problems fixed, and the Ironmen will be focused next Friday night. On a positive note, Jackson has some very talented skill kids all over the field, and when the ball wasn't fumbled, the offensive line looked to be doing a pretty good job of opening running lanes for the backs. Jackson's defense was fast and aggressive, especially at the start of the game. They'll need four quarters of that next week.

Huge crowd last night, which is obviously the reason this game is still on the schedule. With the SEOAL basically gone, and Jackson searching for opponents, I'm sure this game will continue. I've wanted it to end for many years now, but the gate money clearly ends up being the deciding factor.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: wk1 Wellston at Jackson

Post by Poo Bear »

Dandy Don wrote:Just in case you missed the previous post here from Rockefeller Center in NY is Dave's top ten list.

Top Ten Reasons Why Jackson gets beat in Week 1 by my Golden Rockets:
10) Jackson players worried about who will be featured on WOUB Grid Iron Glory; Wellston players being groomed as a team not as individuals
09) Jackson playing not to lose; Wellston playing to win
08) Jackson players and staff on vacation thinking about Week 11; Wellston players and staff focused and tunnel visioned on Week 1
07) Jackson players lifting their fingers and thumbs to tweet; Wellston players power lifting and training hard - several kids putting up huge numbers
06) Jackson resting on last year laurels; Wellston ready to start something new
05) Wellston first year assistant coaches Rinehart, Humphries and Humphries will leave no stone unturned to win - personally know the Ironmen playbook - tendencies
04) Wellston first year head coach Philips knows the last time Wellston beat the Ironmen with a first year head coach and will look to repeat history
03) Wellston skill players have much more team speed
02) Wellston line has more size and strength
01) Wellston is underrated not overrated and the fact of the matter is that karma always favors the underrated.

34-14 win in Alumni Stadium
Where are you dandy don ?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Dandy Donna won't be back around for a while.... Maybe not this season.
After all that sh*t he talked, he doesn't have a mouth big enough for all that Crow lol

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Orange and Brown wrote:Dandy Donna won't be back around for a while.... Maybe not this season.
After all that sh*t he talked, he doesn't have a mouth big enough for all that Crow lol
I heard he choked on it.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Didn't choke but it was a big ole platter and had to take my time getting through it.

One of the ugliest games I have ever watched. Best thing about entire evening was watching the bands, kudos to the Jackson drum major for doing the backwards bend hat touching the turf thing ala OSU. Much better performance than the main event.

May have been wrong on the prediction but we showed up and played hard and will enter Week 2 healthy and will win our share of games. Last year Week 2 we had a number of kids out after the first game.

To the VC guy above that said he expected more from Wellston, well lol, I guess after all the hype I read about in all the previews I expected a little more than a 15 or so (whatever the number was) fumble and interception performance from you as well, but hey you won.

In the meantime someone explain that how to run a game out when it is in hand is not throw a bunch of incomplete passes when you are up 25 or so...that actually slows the clock down...not to mention the penalties.

Rocket Proud
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket Proud »

Vinton 96 is actually a Jackson guy now

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

[quote="Dandy Don"]Didn't choke but it was a big ole platter and had to take my time getting through it.

One of the ugliest games I have ever watched. Best thing about entire evening was watching the bands, kudos to the Jackson drum major for doing the backwards bend hat touching the turf thing ala OSU. Much better performance than the main event.

May have been wrong on the prediction but we showed up and played hard and will enter Week 2 healthy and will win our share of games. Last year Week 2 we had a number of kids out after the first game.

To the VC guy above that said he expected more from Wellston, well lol, I guess after all the hype I read about in all the previews I expected a little more than a 15 or so (whatever the number was) fumble and interception performance from you as well, but hey you won.

In the meantime someone explain that how to run a game out when it is in hand is not throw a bunch of incomplete passes when you are up 25 or so...that actually slows the clock down...not to mention the penalties.[/quote]

Hall twice put in JV's Offense and Defense when up over 25 and Wellston left 1st team in to score on Jacksons JV's. Wellston lost #14 to ankle hope he not out and had QB screaming holding neck. The poor choices where made by Wellston staff lucky the past didnt repeat its self with alot of injuries.

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

vctransvestite wrote:I knew the men from JHS had this one all the way!

I thought this one would be closer

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:11 pm
Dandy Don wrote:Just in case you missed the previous post here from Rockefeller Center in NY is Dave's top ten list.

Top Ten Reasons Why Jackson gets beat in Week 1 by my Golden Rockets:
10) Jackson players worried about who will be featured on WOUB Grid Iron Glory; Wellston players being groomed as a team not as individuals
09) Jackson playing not to lose; Wellston playing to win
08) Jackson players and staff on vacation thinking about Week 11; Wellston players and staff focused and tunnel visioned on Week 1
07) Jackson players lifting their fingers and thumbs to tweet; Wellston players power lifting and training hard - several kids putting up huge numbers
06) Jackson resting on last year laurels; Wellston ready to start something new
05) Wellston first year assistant coaches Rinehart, Humphries and Humphries will leave no stone unturned to win - personally know the Ironmen playbook - tendencies
04) Wellston first year head coach Philips knows the last time Wellston beat the Ironmen with a first year head coach and will look to repeat history
03) Wellston skill players have much more team speed
02) Wellston line has more size and strength
01) Wellston is underrated not overrated and the fact of the matter is that karma always favors the underrated.

34-14 win in Alumni Stadium
The fact of the matter is that your #1 doesn't make any sense.
Great stuff from Dandy Don. Go Bengals!

Amock0905
Freshman Team

Post by Amock0905 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:38 pm
Dandy Don wrote:Well we are gonna whip your butt in Week 10, but first things first.
I'll wager 3 large Pizza Pub pizzas that Wellston doesn't beat viking96's team in week 10
I’ll add 3 more pizzas onto this that says wellston doesn’t even beat vc this year to be 0-5 in the last 5 years

The 24 year drought is over! 🏈🏆

Return to “Football”