Is Meigs any good?

DUKE BBALL
Waterboy

Is Meigs any good?

Post by DUKE BBALL »

I'm reading about every team on here, but Meigs. Will they have anything?

vctransplant
All Conference

Re: Is Meigs any good?

Post by vctransplant »

Their JV was solid last year! Lost a lot to graduation but heard their boy is back from Wahama. They got a pretty good coach too and his son is the QB! I think they will be fine.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

The coach is still unproven in my opinion. He has never won a game he was not suppose to win and has a few times lost a game that he should have won. So the verdict is still out on his coaching abilitys.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

vctransplant wrote:Their JV was solid last year! Lost a lot to graduation but heard their boy is back from Wahama. They got a pretty good coach too and his son is the QB! I think they will be fine.
So they got their "Colin Kaepernick" back? Will he be the QB again or will the coach's son be the QB?

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

They should be good - BUT!

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

will the transfer have to sit out 50% of his games?

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Is Meigs any good?
They are about as good as their visitors bleachers!!!!!!!
Bottom of the League :mrgreen:

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Talked to a guy from Meigs last night. He said the coaches are thinking they will compete for a league championship. They must have changed leagues. Either that or they are thinking being in the top 6 or 7 is competing. :mrgreen:

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

G.W.A. wrote:The coach is still unproven in my opinion. He has never won a game he was not suppose to win and has a few times lost a game that he should have won. So the verdict is still out on his coaching abilitys.
How is that? Had a winning season in every year. Can't go play for them. Not every team can have a class like A town did for three years. Ask coach Adams and I'm sure he'd tell ya. It's not X's and O's as much as it is jimmys and joes. IMO he's one of the best in SE Ohio.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

vctransplant wrote:
G.W.A. wrote:The coach is still unproven in my opinion. He has never won a game he was not suppose to win and has a few times lost a game that he should have won. So the verdict is still out on his coaching abilitys.
How is that? Had a winning season in every year. Can't go play for them. Not every team can have a class like A town did for three years. Ask coach Adams and I'm sure he'd tell ya. It's not X's and O's as much as it is jimmys and joes. IMO he's one of the best in SE Ohio.
Meigs was 3-7 in 2012 and 5-5 last year so the underlined statement above is not true. With this coach they have never beaten a team with a winning record so I'm not sure what you are basing your belief that he is "one of the best in SE Ohio" on.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Ground Buck wrote:
vctransplant wrote:
Meigs was 3-7 in 2012 and 5-5 last year so the underlined statement above is not true. With this coach they have never beaten a team with a winning record so I'm not sure what you are basing your belief that he is "one of the best in SE Ohio" on.
6-4 last year and 7-3 in 2013! Get it right before you jump in on another banwagon baby! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Also in the 2013 season I believe the date was October 4th, they destroyed your beloved buck nuts 47-6! :mrgreen: That was the season you conveniently forgot to mention. That is one of the games that I a m basing my beliefs on. Once again I said IN MY OPINION, he is a great coach. May be you are still angry about him running up the score!! :mrgreen: Let the hate out of your heart Buck. :mrgreen: Let it out baby! You got your win back last year. We just agree to disagree on this one.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

vctransplant wrote:Also in the 2013 season I believe the date was October 4th, they destroyed your beloved buck nuts 47-6! :mrgreen: That was the season you conveniently forgot to mention. That is one of the games that I a m basing my beliefs on. Once again I said IN MY OPINION, he is a great coach. May be you are still angry about him running up the score!! :mrgreen: Let the hate out of your heart Buck. :mrgreen: Let it out baby! You got your win back last year. We just agree to disagree on this one.
Yes you are correct that in 2013 your coach beat the 4-6 Buckeyes. Yet another win against a team with a losing record. No anger here. But I understand your man crush on him, after all I'm sure you're smitten by the fact he is an ex-NFL player. So if you want to call him great thinking he will somehow smile at you, or sign an autograph for you I'm okay with that. I'll wait to see if he can beat a team with a winning record before I crown him as such. :mrgreen:

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Ground Buck wrote:
vctransplant wrote:Also in the 2013 season I believe the date was October 4th, they destroyed your beloved buck nuts 47-6! :mrgreen: That was the season you conveniently forgot to mention. That is one of the games that I a m basing my beliefs on. Once again I said IN MY OPINION, he is a great coach. May be you are still angry about him running up the score!! :mrgreen: Let the hate out of your heart Buck. :mrgreen: Let it out baby! You got your win back last year. We just agree to disagree on this one.
Yes you are correct that in 2013 your coach beat the 4-6 Buckeyes. Yet another win against a team with a losing record. No anger here. But I understand your man crush on him, after all I'm sure you're smitten by the fact he is an ex-NFL player. So if you want to call him great thinking he will somehow smile at you, or sign an autograph for you I'm okay with that. I'll wait to see if he can beat a team with a winning record before I crown him as such. :mrgreen:
Transplant was right about the records that you reported wrong and the fact that this guy beat your team so bad so maybe he isn't the one who is wrong about the coach it might just be you who are mistaken and maybe a little jealous of that coach.That coach doesn't determine what a teams record will be when he plays them,he just has to beat them.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Ground Buck wrote:
Sure sound angry Buck. Remember he isn't my coach but I do know and he is a good man to. And if I was to have a man crush on someone I'd rather it be on a coach like him. Not like you with the one you have on a local guy chasing after daddy's image. Once again JUST MY OPINION Bartrum,Better coach and better Person too!!

Oh and a quick question, YOU MAD BRO?!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Eaglepapaw wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
Transplant was right about the records that you reported wrong and the fact that this guy beat your team so bad so maybe he isn't the one who is wrong about the coach it might just be you who are mistaken and maybe a little jealous of that coach.That coach doesn't determine what a teams record will be when he plays them,he just has to beat them.
Well said Papaw!

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Hey it is okay that you have a man crush on him. I will give you credit for admitting it. If he reads this maybe he WILL smile at you some time, and even give you a wink. :mrgreen: The real truth did come out about your reason for posting here though when you poor mouthed our coach. Not sure what your issue is with him, but hey let it go bro. :lol: :mrgreen:

If all it takes is being a "good man" to be a great coach then we have more great coaches in the world than not. I would say almost every coach I have been around is a good man, so are they all great coaches? I have nothing against the guy at Meigs. But he has had one winning season in three years. He has never beaten a team with a winning record. You can call him a great coach if you want, but I won't at this time. I agree with G.W.A that the coach is unproven at this time. Our coach that you speak so poorly of is 2-1 against him so who is the better coach at this time?

Papaw what record was I wrong about? It was transplant who was wrong by saying the coach "has had a winning season every year" when he has actually only had one winning season our of three. Also, why would I be jealous of a coach that my Buckeyes are 2-1 against? :mrgreen:

Finally plant, no I'm not "MAD BRO!" But I see you are. I wondered why until you admitted the man crush. :mrgreen:

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Ground Buck wrote:Hey it is okay that you have a man crush on him. I will give you credit for admitting it. If he reads this maybe he WILL smile at you some time, and even give you a wink. :mrgreen: The real truth did come out about your reason for posting here though when you poor mouthed our coach. Not sure what your issue is with him, but hey let it go bro. :lol: :mrgreen:

If all it takes is being a "good man" to be a great coach then we have more great coaches in the world than not. I would say almost every coach I have been around is a good man, so are they all great coaches? I have nothing against the guy at Meigs. But he has had one winning season in three years. He has never beaten a team with a winning record. You can call him a great coach if you want, but I won't at this time. I agree with G.W.A that the coach is unproven at this time. Our coach that you speak so poorly of is 2-1 against him so who is the better coach at this time?

Papaw what record was I wrong about? It was transplant who was wrong by saying the coach "has had a winning season every year" when he has actually only had one winning season our of three. Also, why would I be jealous of a coach that my Buckeyes are 2-1 against? :mrgreen:

Finally plant, no I'm not "MAD BRO!" But I see you are. I wondered why until you admitted the man crush. :mrgreen:
The real truth came out? Contrary to your belief bro, EVERY THREAD ON HERE HERE IS NOT ABOUT nelsonville !! :mrgreen: Hello... This is a thread for MEIGS!!! If you took out the whole first paragraph of this post and the first two sentences of the second you'd sound pretty intelligent. Right now you sound like a pompous, argumentative, horses hind end! :mrgreen: Let go of the hate bro!

Oh and trust me when I tell ya. You could never make me mad. I realize this is just people's opinion and like I said I can agree to disagree. And I believe it was you who first bad mouthed a coach. This thread was about Meigs as a whole, are they any good. You tailed in on someone else's post trashing their coach. Being what the kids today call a HATER!!! :mrgreen: I was wrong with a stat, I admit that. I am a man who can do that. You must wear panties or still be a boy because you can't. They were 6-4 not 5-5! That is the stat you were wrong about. You like to add things and omit things to suit your self. Bottom line is two can play the bash game. I respect your coach and the program he runs. He is IMO in my top three coaches in SE Ohio. That kills me to say to a pompous, arrogant, fella like you who only wants to get on threads to be argumentative, closed minded and disrespectful to other people's opinions. Since this about Meigs as a whole I will get back on topic and say IN MY OPINION they will be a competitive team in the TVC for the reasons I stated earlier. Respond if you want to Buck. Like I said I'm a man , and if you like , have the last word. Or show us all you are'nt MAD bro, that I didn't hit a nerve, and just say nothing! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!! Bet you can't!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: : BET YOU CANT. Sure we will either agree or dis agree on another thread!! And if I agree I won't let this little disagreement in opinion stop me from voicing my agreement with you. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: cause I'm a man. SSSHHHH :mrgreen: bet you can't :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by vctransplant on Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

I may be wrong about them being 5-5 last year, but if I am I'm blaming Joe Eitel http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams.js ... &year=2014.

I see I may have also been wrong about the man crush. You must be his wife or his mom if you perceive what I said as "trashing their coach." I am not going to crown him like you did as "one of the best coaches in SE Ohio" but I don't see that as trashing. Obviously you are angry, and the crush thing set you off even more. If you are a man as you say, then stop acting like a little kid with all your name calling and the "bet you can't, bet I can, bet you can't..." nonsense. :mrgreen: But I bet you can't. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Ground Buck wrote:I may be wrong about them being 5-5 last year, but if I am I'm blaming Joe Eitel http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams.js ... &year=2014.

I see I may have also been wrong about the man crush. You must be his wife or his mom if you perceive what I said as "trashing their coach." I am not going to crown him like you did as "one of the best coaches in SE Ohio" but I don't see that as trashing. Obviously you are angry, and the crush thing set you off even more. If you are a man as you say, then stop acting like a little kid with all your name calling and the "bet you can't, bet I can, bet you can't..." nonsense. :mrgreen: But I bet you can't. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Knew you couldn't let it go! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Truth hurt? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: See ya buck :lol:

Return to “Football”