WEEK 2 RUSSELL KY. @ IRONTON YOUR THOUGHTS.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WEEK 2 RUSSELL KY. @ IRONTON YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I LOOKED EVERYWHERE AND NEVER SAW A TOPIC STARTED ON THIS GAME. SO HERE GOES.
I'D LIKE TO SHARE MY COMMENT ON THE BURG GAME HERE TO SEE HOW IT PERTAINS TO THIS GAME.

Congrats Burg on the win.
Old Bulldog S Posts: 119Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:22 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: WK1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton

Postby You're Tiger Bait » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:50 am

well I didn't get back home last night until 11:30, and me n mrs. bait had not eaten. so we was eating left over taco salad last night at midnight. ole bait had dreams he was being tortured, had one of those belches that burns the inside of your nostrils. and later on I started seein heffalumps and woozles. so I ain't doing that again.

very entertaining game. I too thought the ironton backs were leaving early. both teams have great size. both are very physical. dez young from ironton 32 is a manbeast. honestly as in years past here recently there was an obvious edge physicality wise and conditioning towards the burg side. which was never a trait of the tigers of old. but I didn't see that last night. both teams seemed to be about the same conditioning wise and strength wise. which I was very pleased to see.what I did see was burg has a very quick defense, and nearly impossible to hit the edges on. they were stringing it out great.

very pleased with ironton's physicality defensively. some arm tackles. but some brutal shots as well.i thought coverage wise ironton looked decent as well. it was a typical ironton/burg game. smashmouth and little passing. what I don't understand is we basically ran all night. and it was obvious we were commited to that. and our backfield is enourmous. why split palladino wide. and not have him in the t-formation.if you really are not attempting to throw. ironton's backs are huge. but they are juke stepping and not slamming into the gaps. honestly I think if the backs hit the holes harder, and the line sustains their blocks longer, ironton will be very hard to stop. and will slap wear people out. but you have to be able to hit the edges, and the burg is just too quick in that area. great lateral pursuit. they have a fine program.

overall I'm pretty pleased seeing an ironton team that was much more physical in week 1 than years past. but also I ain't into moral victories. I think we blew a game we could have won, shooting ourselves in the foot all night with senseless penalties and personal fouls. if you are not disciplined you won't beat teams like burg.only 1 way to correct that, run the dogturds out of em Monday. and go full tilt all week till they're dragging tails. and make it known in no uncertain terms, it will not be tolerated. for a team with I think 16 seniors. this is absolutely unacceptable.if you are committed to the t-formations of ole. then you have to have backs that smash at the holes, and lineman that will shove you back and stay with you. and honestly I think we have the team there that can do that. but it has to be burnt into them.

I'd say these two teams will likely meet again. if ironton corrects some things. I think they'll both have good seasons. burg has brought their program back to prominence. and ironton looks to be more physical and have the team to do it as well. I have no idea of ironton's depth yet. the missed PAT'S will flat kill ya. I hope that was just an instance where the ball was topped in a nervous extra point. ironton has to have that to be competitive. and you never, ever catch a line drive punt like that. especially by not catching with your hands and letting it get to your pads. the coaches should be screaming to get away. and if you don't field a punt get the sam hill away from the ball. as the ball is bouncing around on the ground and your back peddling 2 feet from the ball. you are just asking for a disaster. but that is coaching right there.

in summary. it was an entertaining game to watch. way too many penalties for both teams. borderlining on ridiculous. if ironton cleans up some things discipline ways. but now we been saying that for how many years now. I think we have the offensive personel to maul some people. and we have what appears to be a very solid , aggressive defense. but i'll say it till I'm blue in the face. you have to have an intermediate passing game. more crossing routes. and shorter routes. not the 35/40 yard passes on a regular basis. the shorter intermediate passing game will indeed set up the longer routes. but you have to be able to do both.but what a great game to start week 1. I just can't help thinking it was a game we could have Won. we shot ourselves in the foot all night.and again our clock management is poor. kudos to a fine burg team that is going to win a bunch of games. and congratulations. ironton cleans up some things they too will win a bunch of games. YTB

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WEEK 2 RUSSELL KY. @ IRONTON YOUR THOUGHTS.

I know Russell has played 2 now but not sure of their record.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Ironton 2015 Football

8/28 H Wheelersburg (0-0) [5:17]
9/4 H Russell (KY) (0-0)
9/11 H Beechwood (KY) (0-0)
9/18 A Ashland Blazer (KY) (0-0)
9/25 H Portsmouth (0-1) [5:17]
10/2 H Fairland (0-0) [5:17]
10/9 A Dawson-Bryant (0-0) [6:21]
10/16 H Rock Hill (0-0) [5:17]
10/23 A Chesapeake (0-0) [6:21]
10/30 A South Point (0-0) [5:17]

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Russell 2015 Football

8/29 H Greenup County (0-0)
9/4 A Ironton (OH) (0-0) [5:17]
9/11 H Ashland Blazer (0-0)
9/18 A Boyd County (0-1)
9/25 A West Carter (0-1)
10/2 H Fleming County (0-0)
10/9 A Pendleton County (Falmouth) (0-0)
10/16 A Lewis County (Vanceburg) (0-0)
10/23 H Bath County (0-1)
10/30 H Raceland (1-0)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

these are the 2 teams schedules before anything updates.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

The Games Russell played were pre-season. Russell opens with Greenup County tonight... Have to see how Russell does before giving a prediction.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ironton by 13

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

interesting bounce back game here

a group of a lot of seniors(men) and some juniors(almost men) knows they should have won last week!! it will be interesting to see how they react.

the next 3 ky schools should not be underestimated

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I agree next 3 games will be tough for Ironton Russell seems to be solid this year and Ashland has a running back that is unreal and Beechwood started slow in last nights game and then got on track and rolled there opponent.
Ironton cuts down the penalties they can win out the rest of the season I believe but they need to focus and play smarter.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

If ironton cleans it up a little they will make short work of the reddevils. If not it will be tight with ironton still on top. Good luck tigers!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

The next 3 weeks will be crucial for the Tigers making the Playoffs, a lot of points to be had before League play starts. Russell, Beechwood and Ashland will all be tough games, especially if we don't clean up the senseless penalties.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

4th QTR 1:01

Greenup - 7
Russell --- 19

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:4th QTR 1:01

Greenup - 7
Russell --- 19
was wondering that earlier score was kinda shocking Russell suppose to be really good this year

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:

Greenup - 7
Russell --- 19
was wondering that earlier score was kinda shocking Russell suppose to be really good this year
One of them Rival games hard to say Russell is that bad or green Up is that good

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

maniac66 wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:

Greenup - 7
Russell --- 19
One of them Rival games hard to say Russell is that bad or green Up is that good
I've heard theat Greenup is actually pretty good this year.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Final

Russell -- 19
Grrenup - 13

Greenup is supposed to be pretty good from what I've read about them.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Valenth wrote:The Games Russell played were pre-season. Russell opens with Greenup County tonight... Have to see how Russell does before giving a prediction.
OH OKAY THANKS.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

after moving on from the previous week of play this game here looks as it could be another defense battle!! Russell is going to come in here pumped as in more than ever cause they want that streak(however far it goes back ) to come to a end!! I sure hope our guys are more pumped.

I only seen stats from 1 of their players he ran for like 140+ on only 12 rushes

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Y'all are killing me here. If this is a close game Ironton and Burg are both in trouble. These KY schools have nothing across the river. What a joke.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

jolly -------people don't fear ironton anymore. before you walked into our facilities and you were already thinking about next week. and on the road many teams were beat before the tigers leaped off the grey hounds. that just ain't the case anymore. everybody wants a piece now. they could care less about tradition and the past. they see a wounded animal to pounce upon. and anybody that has watched any tiger football past 6/7 years-------knows we're going to blow a head gasket a few times at the most crucial time. hope fully that gets corrected and we start smashing people around again. I say it again , we have the team that can maul teams, can we keep it together to do so.and we simply have to work on a passing game.and spreading people out some.

Return to “Football”