WEEK 3: Minford 2-0 @ Paint Valley 2-0

Badboy
Varsity

WEEK 3: Minford 2-0 @ Paint Valley 2-0

Post by Badboy »

Tough matchup for the Falcons.

Coming off wins against South Point and Oak Hill, Paint Valley is a much better measuring stick.

Minford will have to protect the ball and play better special teams. They have given up big plays to blocked punts and kickoff returns for TD's this year.

In the end I see the Falcons moving to 3-0 if they play hard, smart football.

Minford 28
PV 21

Thoughts?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: WEEK 3: Minford 2-0 @ Paint Valley 2-0

Post by 4thgoal »

This should be one of the better games this week. I think you are about right with your prediction, I see Muletown winning by a score or 2

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Paint Valley 8
Minford 7

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Paint valley 28 minford 14

buckeyedan
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyedan »

Sounds like a crappy bus ride. Roll w home team close by 7. I'll be rooting for minford though. Probably is game of week as far as competitive goes.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Might want to work on QB and center exchange, what's going on there, punt blocks are an issue too? Minford looks better in this new formation sets. Minford by 14 in the win.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Should be a really good game... 2 good teams. I'll take Minford in a close one

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Post by Roadrunner »

Paint valley wins by a score or two

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Minford

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Falcons.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Not sure if PV is the greatest of measuring sticks for the Falcons.

They have beaten Fisher Catholic, who also lost to East.

For the Falcons to show they belong in the running for the SOC II crown, I think they have to not only win this game tonight, but be in control of it start to finish.

It is no doubt a game Minford should win this year, looking forward to see how well they handle their business in Ross Co.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Badboy wrote:Not sure if PV is the greatest of measuring sticks for the Falcons.

They have beaten Fisher Catholic, who also lost to East.

For the Falcons to show they belong in the running for the SOC II crown, I think they have to not only win this game tonight, but be in control of it start to finish.

It is no doubt a game Minford should win this year, looking forward to see how well they handle their business in Ross Co.
Paint Valley destroyed Fisher Catholic so I am not sure what effect that has here. The Bearcats represent a pretty significant step up in competition for Minford, so I think this is going to pretty interesting. A Minford win (Doesn't have to be controlled start to finish for me) will be enough to tell me Minford will be a factor in the SOC II.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

I dont think we would be talking about East being in the running for the SOC II right now, would we? The point being that both PV and East easily handled Fisher Catholic, PV has no big wins yet on their schedule.

I dont see a "significant step up" in competition in PV, they are D7.

To each his own. We can agree to disagree.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Badboy wrote:I dont think we would be talking about East being in the running for the SOC II right now, would we? The point being that both PV and East easily handled Fisher Catholic, PV has no big wins yet on their schedule.

D6 now. PV made it to the 2nd round last year with mostly juniors playing.

Minford won last year at home, 42-35. I think it's a similar score, but with PV winning at home.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Badboy wrote:I dont think we would be talking about East being in the running for the SOC II right now, would we? The point being that both PV and East easily handled Fisher Catholic, PV has no big wins yet on their schedule.

The fact that East beat Fisher Catholic has absolutely nothing to do with the game tonight. I have no clue how you are pulling those two together. They have played 2 games. No big wins for anyone yet.

If you do not feel that Paint Valley is a "significant step up " over South Point and Oak Hill then you are in for a rude awakening in Bainbridge tonight.

And as Dani said, PV is in D6.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

I think Minford will be too strong for Paint Valley.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Hey, the only people that said Fisher was going to be solid was "you guys". I'm the only one that follows the school and I've been saying all along they weren't going to be really good. Now last week is hard to draw any conclusions, they played better on offense vs East and was beating them 7-0 on Friday when the game got postponed, so I think the suspension of play and having to drive back down to Portsmouth @ 1pm the next day w/ a heat index of 100 played a role. Oh well.

Good luck to Paint Valley, they are very solid. I hope they come out tonight a win, and some more L2's.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Crab's brother wrote:

The fact that East beat Fisher Catholic has absolutely nothing to do with the game tonight. I have no clue how you are pulling those two together. They have played 2 games. No big wins for anyone yet.

If you do not feel that Paint Valley is a "significant step up " over South Point and Oak Hill then you are in for a rude awakening in Bainbridge tonight.

As far as overall scheduling goes, which is what I was referring to CRABS, PV is no significant improvement. Compared to SP and OH, I am sure they are better CRABS.

Jesus you like to hear youself talk over and over or what? Go fog up your own mirror on a Valley site CRABS. I am putting it together because PV has no BIG WINS so far. Not the greatest measuring stick. IS THAT TOO HARD TO UNDERSTAND????

THANKS FOR REITERATING THAT I HIT THE WRONG BUTTON ON THE 7 INSTEAD OF THE 6 FOR THEIR DIVISION SIZE TOO. JUST IN CASE EVERYONE MISSED DANI CORRECT IT.

OH, THANKS FOR THE CORRECTION DANI! I HIT THE WRONG BUTTON!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Badboy wrote:
Crab's brother wrote:

As far as overall scheduling goes, which is what I was referring to CRABS, PV is no significant improvement. Compared to SP and OH, I am sure they are better CRABS.

Jesus you like to hear youself talk over and over or what? Go fog up your own mirror on a Valley site CRABS. I am putting it together because PV has no BIG WINS so far. IS THAT TOO HARD TO UNDERSTAND????

THANKS FOR REITERATING THAT I HIT THE WRONG BUTTON ON THE 7 INSTEAD OF THE 6 FOR THEIR DIVISION SIZE TOO.

Listen BAD, you didn't "refer" to anything. You may have inferred, but you didn't refer to anything, BAD.

Hear myself talk over and over? I have made 2 posts on this thread and probably 6 all week, BAD.

Maybe Paint Valley doesn't have any "Big Wins" so far, but neither does the team that has to control this game start to finish to be impressive. This team gave Minford all they could handle last year and didn't lose many players. Good luck to your Falcons.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Oh and Badboy---No need to run your chops in a private message...Go ahead and put it out here.

Return to “Football”