Week 4 (0-3) Ironton vs (3-0) Ashland KY

zebra77
Varsity

Re: Week 4 (0-3) Ironton vs (3-0) Ashland KY

Post by zebra77 »

Not that talented, just told they are by the coaching staff, and in my opinion this staff is full of their selves as well.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Not that talented, just told they are by the coaching staff, and in my opinion this staff is full of their selves as well. Being a good player in your past does not make a good coach. Just my 2cents.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wow, everybody is taking their shots at the fighting tigers. after 40 plus years of domination, I guess it's to be expected. now the entire fighting tiger team/staff have to say. I'm putting this chip on my shoulder, if you are big enough knock it off. forget the 1st 4 games.--------------we need to prove we can shoulder this load with broad shoulders and tiger pride and represent. and start improving every series.

iluvlucy
Waterboy

Post by iluvlucy »

It never ceases to amaze me how "certain people" who have NEVER stepped on a football field can jump on an anonymous sports site, quote a few statistics, make stupid comments about coaches and their staff and ÑOT shut up!!! :lol:
Let it go already! The kids who WANT to play do, the ones who really don't care....don't!
Week 4 is over, move on :mad:

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

:122246
iluvlucy wrote:It never ceases to amaze me how "certain people" who have NEVER stepped on a football field can jump on an anonymous sports site, quote a few statistics, make stupid comments about coaches and their staff and ÑOT shut up!!! :lol:
Let it go already! The kids who WANT to play do, the ones who really don't care....don't!
Week 4 is over, move on :mad:
I couldn't agree more!!!!
the kids that don't want to play bench them and put in some of the 1's on 2nd string!!!!

and if blocking Is the problem, I would think they would want to get the ball away from middle of the field as fast as possible!!

why put the ball where this problem is ??????

wasn't this your exact words in 2013 "It sure is a sad day when ADULTS have to get on here and put down kids who chose to leave one school to go to another with better coaches and certainly better discipline!!"" :122246

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

Since when is it allowed on SEOP to single out by name individual players(s) for criticism? These are high school kids, not college or pros.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

No one named a kid, you're injecting something in there, that wasn't there, trying to stir aren't you?

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

As for your information there Lucy I won numerous awards for football and played through college so you don't need to point crooked fingers!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

This is kind of like Tiger Woods. People remember the past. But the play shows promise at times but can not put it all together. People talk about how good both are but make excuses for the play. Enough of the excuses time to show on the field.

This has to be a team effort to fix the play on the field. Players and coaches have to have put in the time in practice and game planning. Then during the game. The past years are in the past and the first 4 games are in the past. Also for some fans Bob Lutz is not coming back so you need to move on from that.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I too would have to agree that great players don't always equal great coaches. Have seen it numerous times in my lifetime and sometimes guys who never played the game can be geniuses when it comes to coaching.

This isn't either of those however. We have faced four solid football teams. Wheelersburg is the top of our region without a doubt. Russell looks to be a contender for the state title this season in Kentucky with Beachwood, and Ashland if you were there you would know. We made a couple of mistakes in the first half to lead to the score being 14-0. Had we gotten a break here or there we could have just as easily been up 14-0. The second half Quinton Baker showed why he is going division 1. He is an amazing athlete. Ashland had nearly triple the kids on their sidelines as we did. Not sure his name, but the other kid who scored on our second string, #18 was a beast and looked to be another fine athlete.

Our boys should know this season is far from over. Ironton never gives up and though we haven't had the start we wanted, we have played against the toughest schedule in division 5 in ohio. Come next Friday our boys will be ready. They have been right in every game through halftime and 2 out of 4 came down to the last possession. We were expected by nearly everyone to lose those four games big before the season started. Our kids have played through many injuries and are still hungry. I can't wait to see the game Friday. It's time to turn this season around. Go Tigers!!

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

IBTT that's saying something when you say you have played the toughest schedule in Div 5 in Ohio. I will tell you this, those teams out of KY couldn't carry the footballs for the kids in the MAC here in Ohio. You have seen so much bad football down there you don't know what good football is. KY high school football sucks compared to Ohio.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

IBTT wrote: Our boys should know this season is far from over. Ironton never gives up and though we haven't had the start we wanted, we have played against the toughest schedule in division 5 in ohio. Come next Friday our boys will be ready. They have been right in every game through halftime and 2 out of 4 came down to the last possession. We were expected by nearly everyone to lose those four games big before the season started. Our kids have played through many injuries and are still hungry. I can't wait to see the game Friday. It's time to turn this season around. Go Tigers!!
I have a ton of respect for what Ironton has accomplished. It's with that respect that I am compelled to propose the following thought. Ironton needs an identity as to what they want to be known as. Will they want to be the vaunted power of old that "'does', not 'falls short' in big games"? Or a program where winning the OVC is just fine enough?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tiger fans need to realize a very important detail. Irontons city has changed and is almost a generation removed from coach lutz. Ironton as a city has a declined job rate. There are going to be less kids because there just isn't enough jobs. Most kids in this area don't have the resources they once had to thrive and be successful. The head coaches have to change their approach. You can't tear a kid down and build them backup because most are already tore down. It's good to have expectations but I believe that the staff of ironton thinks that should already be in their players because of tradition. That tradition is going to fade unless they change their philosophy.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

wobycat wrote:Tiger fans need to realize a very important detail. Irontons city has changed and is almost a generation removed from coach lutz. Ironton as a city has a declined job rate. There are going to be less kids because there just isn't enough jobs. Most kids in this area don't have the resources they once had to thrive and be successful. The head coaches have to change their approach. You can't tear a kid down and build them backup because most are already tore down. It's good to have expectations but I believe that the staff of ironton thinks that should already be in their players because of tradition. That tradition is going to fade unless they change their philosophy.
nice post woby........a lot of meat in your post............too bad a lot more people other than preps cant read this post...........

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

i think the biggest problem is this staff is not very good......... how bout them apples??

iluvlucy
Waterboy

Post by iluvlucy »

As for your information there Lucy I won numerous awards for football and played through college so you don't need to point crooked fingers!
zebra77

Just so YOU know....wasn't meant for you or your crooked finger??? :122249 :122249 :122249

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

wobycat wrote:Tiger fans need to realize a very important detail. Irontons city has changed and is almost a generation removed from coach lutz. Ironton as a city has a declined job rate. There are going to be less kids because there just isn't enough jobs. Most kids in this area don't have the resources they once had to thrive and be successful. The head coaches have to change their approach. You can't tear a kid down and build them backup because most are already tore down. It's good to have expectations but I believe that the staff of ironton thinks that should already be in their players because of tradition. That tradition is going to fade unless they change their philosophy.

That was an excellent post, and so very true.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Very good post "wobycat". I believe the city of Portsmouth is going through the same thing. I would say in the next 10 years Wheelersburg will have the most population in Scioto and Lawrence county.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
nice post woby........a lot of meat in your post............too bad a lot more people other than preps cant read this post...........

I WOULD AGREE VERY GOOD POST.

Return to “Football”