WK-4 Northwest @ Minford

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

WK-4 Northwest @ Minford

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Minford appears to be middle of the pack in the SOC-II. This will be a good game to get a feel for where the Mohawk Program is at this year. Northwest is coming off of a big win in week three and Minford is coming off of a tough loss. Hope the Mohawks have enjoyed their weekend because it's time to go to work Monday! Minford will be ready to go this coming Friday! GO MOHAWKS!!

Badboy
Varsity

Re: WK-4 Northwest @ Minford

Post by Badboy »

Hopefully, Minford will rebound from Friday's loss and be ready to go. The Falcons seem to be playing great defense but having problems scoring points out of the spread offense.

Northwest has good size and their program is reaping the benefits of dropping down to SOC I. I am sure their confidence is growing.

IMO, Minford turns it around. 2 tough weeks ahead of them after this week, they need to take care of business Friday night.

NW 7
Minford 35

Just out of curiosity, why isnt Minford running wing-t? Didnt they go to the spread a few games last year and scrap it since it wasnt working?

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Falcons

toast
All State

Post by toast »

This will be a very competitive close game. The kids who are juniors at Northwest excelled when they were in Jr. High. They beat most of the SOC 2 teams at that time.

Northwest 14
Minford 13

EastBeast06
JV Team

Post by EastBeast06 »

I am taking Minford by two scores 34-21

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Kenraken Ahta wrote:Minford appears to be middle of the pack in the SOC-II. This will be a good game to get a feel for where the Mohawk Program is at this year. Northwest is coming off of a big win in week three and Minford is coming off of a tough loss. Hope the Mohawks have enjoyed their weekend because it's time to go to work Monday! Minford will be ready to go this coming Friday! GO MOHAWKS!!

As always, your assessment is correct. This is a true test of where the Mohawk team is in terms of building a program. Hopefully, the players realize this game can be a huge stepping stone for the season as well as a solid building block to the future. Coach BF and staff will work hard to have the players prepared to play come Friday night. Going to Falcon land will be a tough row to hoe but it can be done. Good luck Mohawks.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Northwest is definitely heading in the right direction. They haven't came far enough yet, the Falcons will be to much in this one. Minford wins by 3 or 4 tds.

mountaineer
Waterboy

Post by mountaineer »

The Falcons are having trouble moving the ball, but I think the Defense will be enough to get the win! Good luck to both teams, Go Falcons!!!

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

BushyTailButcher wrote:The Falcons are having trouble moving the ball, but I think the Defense will be enough to get the win! Good luck to both teams, Go Falcons!!!
Any chance they dump the spread and head back to wing t land?

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Minford gets back on track.

Minford- 42

Northwest 14

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

No way this game is close. If it is Minford is in big trouble in the league.

mountaineer
Waterboy

Post by mountaineer »

Badboy wrote:
BushyTailButcher wrote:The Falcons are having trouble moving the ball, but I think the Defense will be enough to get the win! Good luck to both teams, Go Falcons!!!
Any chance they dump the spread and head back to wing t land?
I hope they try something different, I don't see this offense doing anything. As big and strong as our line is, you would think we would be able to run the ball on anybody. It's got to get better. And we need for the QB to settle down a little. I know he is young, but if he would just settle down a little and make a little better passes, it might open up the run a little. I think he is going to make a real good QB, he has all kinds of talent.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

For a long time Minford fans on here have been clamoring to change from the WingT. Now they want to change back to the WingT. :122245

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Westfan wrote:For a long time Minford fans on here have been clamoring to change from the WingT. Now they want to change back to the WingT. :122245
Only a few.....not all of us.

I personally like the wing t and always thought it was a good fit for Minford. The teams that run it with success can consistently throw out of it and seem to sprinkle in some power I.

mountaineer
Waterboy

Post by mountaineer »

I don't care if they run a Wing-T or a Wildcat, or what ever, just as long as they figure out an offense that we can move the ball with. We haven't been able to put a good drive together, and move the ball consistently.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Look for a return of some form of the Wing T ! :oops:

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

When it fits you personnel, I am also a fan of the Wing-T.

wolverine
Freshman Team

Post by wolverine »

Minford by 2 scores

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

I like this new offense. The wing T died out with the dinosaurs, sprinkle it in but don't make it your base offense. It'd so predictable and boring. 9 in the box defense, 3rd and 15, can't pass it well so you knew Minford would punt. This year spread them out keep working on it and make it work. Going back to wing T will doom this season. Minford should be up 30 at the 1/2 on NW tonight.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Sorry Northwest. You have improved but Minford is still in a higher league for now.
Minford by 2+ scores

Return to “Football”