Ironton the OVC and Playoff Points

weasel
Waterboy

Ironton the OVC and Playoff Points

Post by weasel »

Word around the OVC is there is serious concern about Playoff Points and Ironton's lack of victories. With Ironton about to go 0-4, this will hurt teams like Chesapeake who will need Ironton to win a few games before they beat them at Chesapeake. I don't blame the OVC, there is no way they could have foreseen this when they invited Ironton into the OVC.

With the Ironton hay days in the rear view mirror, I think it's time they consider dropping teams like Wheelersburg and Ashland. Maybe picking up winnable games would help build their confidence and also help give them a better chance to make the playoffs.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Re: Ironton the OVC and Playoff Points

Post by dime-a-dozen »

First off let me first state I am not an Ironton fan. But I would very much say the Wheelersburg game was winable for the Tigers also Ironton gave the #1 team in class A of Kentucky everything they wanted for a half. Ironton is still a pretty good team and imo could still win the OVC. Their non conference schedule is indeed very tough therefore making them battle tested. Also they have multiple starters out. Ironton was a very good addition to the OVC as was Portsmouth. I must say wardaddy your logic seems a little flawed or as if you have something against Ironton.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

there is not a team in the ovc that will beat ironton

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Except for Chesapeake. Peake will beat them by a touchdown or less.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

dime-a-dozen wrote:First off let me first state I am not an Ironton fan. But I would very much say the Wheelersburg game was winable for the Tigers also Ironton gave the #1 team in class A of Kentucky everything they wanted for a half. Ironton is still a pretty good team and imo could still win the OVC. Their non conference schedule is indeed very tough therefore making them battle tested. Also they have multiple starters out. Ironton was a very good addition to the OVC as was Portsmouth. I must say wardaddy your logic seems a little flawed or as if you have something against Ironton.
:lol: :lol: :lol: No they gave Beechwood everything they wanted for the whole game. That's why they won. A half doesn't win the ball game my friend. Your logic is flawed as well. As far as dropping Burg, that's the most ridiculous thing I have read on preps this season. Any way, Ironton may win the OVC. Not like Peake is that great either.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WarDaddy wrote:Word around the OVC is there is serious concern about Playoff Points and Ironton's lack of victories. With Ironton about to go 0-4, this will hurt teams like Chesapeake who will need Ironton to win a few games before they beat them at Chesapeake. I don't blame the OVC, there is no way they could have foreseen this when they invited Ironton into the OVC.

With the Ironton hay days in the rear view mirror, I think it's time they consider dropping teams like Wheelersburg and Ashland. Maybe picking up winnable games would help build their confidence and also help give them a better chance to make the playoffs.

YOU FUNNY WAR DADDY.

Bear
Freshman Team

Post by Bear »

I believe this is a tongue and cheek post. How many of you said that Ironton wouldn't make the playoffs because the league is so weak?

weasel
Waterboy

Post by weasel »

You're Tiger Bait - Already calling names? Did someone have a different opinion?

Does the OHSAA give computer points now for playing "tough" or close losses?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I stand by my post daddy.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WarDaddy wrote:Word around the OVC is there is serious concern about Playoff Points and Ironton's lack of victories. With Ironton about to go 0-4, this will hurt teams like Chesapeake who will need Ironton to win a few games before they beat them at Chesapeake. I don't blame the OVC, there is no way they could have foreseen this when they invited Ironton into the OVC.

look hoss I call em like I see em. I may be controversial to some, but I shoot straight from the hip. my intentions are not to start a fuss . this post was meant to offend, especially in the wording. kinda clever , but non the less meant to degrade anybody involved. I'm sure we can go together like peas n carrots. but these are kids we're talking about here. I'm purty sure something needs to change. but not sure what in tiger land. but this year and the next--------till the good lord takes me home. i'll be a fighting tiger, buckeye, Bengal fan.so if you create a profile to just cheese off tiger fans. then you come to the right place.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

at's all I got to say about that.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wardaddy = 4 posts since 2010, and 2 of them are on this topic............. Interesting lol :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Wardaddy= troll

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

It comes down to this... Ironton hadnt lost to Russell since Ive been born till this year. Ashland will ALWAYS be a rivalry for Ironton. As well as bring in the $$$. When Ironton plays and sometimes beats these teams, those 1st and 2nd Level computer points Skyrocket Ironton. In my opinion, Ironton Going to the OVC did more damage than good. Why? Because Ironton had a choice for the other 6-7 opponents they face. I remember one year Ironton went 6-4 (2006) and made the playoffs. How you ask? From top to bottom they chose teams from Week 1 to 10, teams that could give them good computer points when they beat them. Now, Ironton has a couple weeks to choose their opponents, you notice all KY Schools... why? Bigger computer points because some OVC opponents lately have been very average.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

At least for this year, the question of whether Ironton being in the OVC is costing them playoff points is irrelevant. Have you looked at Region 17? This is, frankly, an amazingly weak region - maybe as weak as I've ever seen it. For example, right now Rock Hill, having defeated Northwest and a winless Oak Hill, would qualify for the playoffs if the season ended today. A 6-4 Ironton team would have a well over 90% chance of making the playoffs - defeating only OVC schools. If the FIghting Tigers can't run the table against the OVC this year then they have no business worrying about the playoffs or scheduling tougher competition in the future. Fact is, if the Tigers get back to full health and are truly as even with Wheelersburg as they seemed to be in Week 1 they could win this region.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

fuzzy I believe it was the 99 tigers who went 6-3 with an open date. and beat Youngstown cardinal mooney. and came within seconds of winning the state over Sandusky perkins. it may be a while before we have those kind of memories again the way things are going. but praise God for the memories.
and new ones are being made still.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

this statement seems hogwash to me , if I was ironton I would keep burg , Ashland, Russell its great competition!!!

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

The Tough Non Conference Games Will Get The Tigers Ready For OVC Play.
Believe Me Playing The OVC Schools Will Not Prepare Them For The Playoffs....LOL :lol:

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:

look hoss I call em like I see em. I may be controversial to some, but I shoot straight from the hip. my intentions are not to start a fuss . this post was meant to offend, especially in the wording. kinda clever , but non the less meant to degrade anybody involved. I'm sure we can go together like peas n carrots. but these are kids we're talking about here. I'm purty sure something needs to change. but not sure what in tiger land. but this year and the next--------till the good lord takes me home. i'll be a fighting tiger, buckeye, Bengal fan.so if you create a profile to just cheese off tiger fans. then you come to the right place.
u could have omitted the BUNGLES there bait LOL!!! I suppose your still ok though

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cg-ironton fan wrote:this statement seems hogwash to me , if I was ironton I would keep burg , Ashland, Russell its great competition!!!

they ain't going anywhere war daddy had 1 of them pizza, pizza's at midnight and was hallu-cin-atin.

Return to “Football”