Week 5 Wellston (3-1) @ Alexander (3-1, 1-0)

ViKiNgEttE
Waterboy

Week 5 Wellston (3-1) @ Alexander (3-1, 1-0)

Post by ViKiNgEttE »

Could be a big game feels good to say that all teams in the TVC - Ohio should be excited that this league is as wide open as it has been in years, feels good that some other teams have a solid shot at a title! opinions on this one?
Last edited by ViKiNgEttE on Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Week 5 Wellston (3-1) Vs. Alexander (3-1, 1-0)

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'm going to go with the Spartans in this one. I think the Spartans defense will be to much for the Yellow Rockets.

ViKiNgEttE
Waterboy

Post by ViKiNgEttE »

Orange and Brown wrote:I'm going to go with the Spartans in this one. I think the Spartans defense will be to much for the Yellow Rockets.
Are the Yellow Rockets ever gonna be the golden rockets to you lol! Just kidding O&B, I haven't seen the Spartans this year but from the sound of it their defense must be the real deal.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Gusmacker11 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:I'm going to go with the Spartans in this one. I think the Spartans defense will be to much for the Yellow Rockets.
Are the Yellow Rockets ever gonna be the golden rockets to you lol! Just kidding O&B, I haven't seen the Spartans this year but from the sound of it their defense must be the real deal.
lol I am very happy the the Golden Rockets are turning things around!

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

Wellston will win at home by 28 points or so. Alex isn't that good.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

RedSolo wrote:Wellston will win at home by 28 points or so. Alex isn't that good.
Good thing this one is at Albany. Maybe we can find a way to get better this week.

This will be the first home game of the year for the Spartans. Coming off a big win @ the plains, I look for the boys to be really pumped up to play at home in front a huge crowd.

This is going to be another battle. I do not see many easy games in the TVC this year. Wellston has ton of athletes and can match the Spartans experience with all of their seniors as well.

I am saying Alexander 31-18. Go Alex.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

RedSolo wrote:Wellston will win at home by 28 points or so. Alex isn't that good.
Put down that cup son..........

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

Good luck to the Rockets bring home another win!

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

spartans_fan wrote:
Good thing this one is at Albany. Maybe we can find a way to get better this week.

This will be the first home game of the year for the Spartans. Coming off a big win @ the plains, I look for the boys to be really pumped up to play at home in front a huge crowd.

This is going to be another battle. I do not see many easy games in the TVC this year. Wellston has ton of athletes and can match the Spartans experience with all of their seniors as well.

I am saying Alexander 31-18. Go Alex.

My bad. Wellston vs Alexander means it's being hosted by Wellston. Thread should read Wellston @ Alexander or Alexander vs Wellston.

Game @ Alexander then Wellston by only 2 TD

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Alex by 2 TD's but my guessing has been awful this year

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Alexander at home ...... Spartans Defense should keep the rockets out of the endzone. Spartans 24 wellston 7

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

I'm gonna say toss up
Wellston 18
Aexander 16

Even beating Athens not sure I buy Alex as a good team when you look at what the teams that they have beat Fed Hock lost to Eastern by 31+ and the team they lost to Chesapeake lost to Rock Hill and Harvest Prep is BAD! Alex has really played no one! Athens gave up 66-55-31 points in their 3 losses.
Wellston showed they can score on about anyone 21 points vs Jackson.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Bevo wrote:I'm gonna say toss up
Wellston 18
Aexander 16

Even beating Athens not sure I buy Alex as a good team when you look at what the teams that they have beat Fed Hock lost to Eastern by 31+ and the team they lost to Chesapeake lost to Rock Hill and Harvest Prep is BAD! Alex has really played no one! Athens gave up 66-55-31 points in their 3 losses.
Wellston showed they can score on about anyone 21 points vs Jackson.
I'm with you Bevo. This game could go either way. Good luck to both teams.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

I guess we shall see Friday night.
Go Spartans !!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

I'm excited to see the outcome Hitman! I think this will be a slobber knocker! Good luck to both teams. Stay healthy! And have fun!!!

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Transplant I think it will be a physical game. I'm very impressed with our D right now. Giving up average of 14-15 pts a game. Mostly at the end when jv was in. Linebackers and line play is really good right now aswell.
Have not seen wellston but their wins don't impress that much either. And as far as scoring 20 on Jackson well that was a night the Ironman turned the ball over like 7-8 times. So yea maybe be a better game than I think. We will see.
VC has got to get their season turned around at some point. Heard they just need some defense ?

DragonMom
Riding the Bench

Post by DragonMom »

This is just me but i believe wellston has played tougher oppenents and that will show this friday.

wellston 35 alex 20

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Athens should be everyone's whipping boy this year, they lost what like 25 srs. They will be lucky to even keep a game close this year.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

zebra77 wrote:Athens should be everyone's whipping boy this year, they lost what like 25 srs. They will be lucky to even keep a game close this year.
That's a funny joke

spartans_fan
Varsity

Re: Week 5 Wellston (3-1) @ Alexander (3-1, 1-0)

Post by spartans_fan »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
zebra77 wrote:Athens should be everyone's whipping boy this year, they lost what like 25 srs. They will be lucky to even keep a game close this year.
That's a funny joke
I think Athens will have a say in who wins the TVC. With their size and speed they will knock off one of the "contenders".

The QB for Wellston (#15) is a great athlete and has made plays for his team all year. He will have to be contained. To me the difference will be if Wellston can stop the Albany running game. The boys from Albany have to stay focused. The truth is, they have not accomplished anything yet.

Go Alex!

Return to “Football”