Logan gets turned away from MSL again. Now what!?

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: Logan gets turned away from MSL again. Now what!?

Post by loganlocos »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
90% of them seem to play 7 league, 2 cross over, and 1 non league. I'm saying some of them would die to play an easier game with Athens and Logan. Logan must forget Athens played 4 good OCC schools and Desales in basketball and they came to Athens about 10 years ago. Wasn't the brightest decision at Athens
Right, but the two "crossover" games are non-league games. In central Ohio there are basically 3 leagues - OCC, City League, and CCL (Central Catholic League). The CCL has 5 teams, and two of those are "small school." So the only option for OCC schools is "crossover" games or travel.

They play them because they are short bus rides. They could choose to play ANYONE in those games. If they were "dying" for easier games like Athens and Logan they would play them. They prefer to travel around 270 instead of outside it.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Logan grad wrote:
hawkeyepierce wrote:Vinton County is NOT going anywhere. While it is fun to speculate, and there are certain groups within the county that would rather have Logan as opposed to Jackson, Vinton County is not leaving the TVC nor is it sending invitations to ex-SEOAL schools. PERIOD. If Vinton County was WANTING or COULD go, they would love for it to be the SVC. The SVC has schools in similar size, similar athletes, and historical programs. Furthermore, the SVC gives Vinton County the best means of travel. The longest trip may Vinton County to Westfall, which is not much different has Vinton County to Meigs. However, there is a reason why the SVC has been successful, they don't expand or change just because it is trendy.

SEOAL got what it deserved. It became a grandiose, narcissistic, behemoth that could not see past their reflection in the mirror.

WOW :122246 Over dramatic much?!?!? :lol:
I have been alleged to overstate before, that is nothing new; however, it does not make me wrong.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

The SEOAL tried to accommodate the biggest , toughest schools in SEO that No ONE wanted to play. Why worry about Cow Pie Hi schools ? Being best isn't wrong, just being best . 8)

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I respect Logan & this is not personal.
Being the only big school in your area. Go independent. You could schedule all of the big county schools around Columbus, & Dayton. You're too big for any conferences in the area,& y our SOS is already to weak & A2-loss Logan FB team would be lucky to sneak in with that schedule.
I just looked @ your region & luckily #'s 3-10 play some tough games & there will be losses, otherwise, if they would happen to win, Logan would start falling with wins in the next few weeks.
What a dilemma!!!
Good luck.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

The strength of schedule sure hasn't hurt their position in the region being number 2 right now. This region usually has a lot of teams that lose every year for some reason. I know it might not stay that way with a couple real doozy's coming up, but she might as well schedule creampuff's all year instead of playing Colerain and Moeller every week.I myself would rather see some stronger bigger teams and hopefully we will see more in the future being independent.It is what it is take who you can get at the time.And lets not forget Logan has a pretty good senior class and grades struggling after them so it might not always be this easy even with creampuffs.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I agree go Indy.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

It would be some small gates but competitively I'd like to see Logan schedule the Columbus Catholic schools yearly.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

I think the SEOAL needs to push to get a 4th full-time member, which I feel will be Marietta, as soon as possible for the immediate picture just to show that everyone (Jackson, Logan, and Warren) is dedicated and is not looking to run away towards another conference. Then they should look at expanding to 6 members (teams I think will be looked at next to 6 teams will probably be Athens and the 2 Parkersburg school) to stabilize the conference. The SEOAL could also look at expanding past 6 members to 7-8 members (could give Point Pleasant a look and/or the school was left out of the previous expansion to 6 teams) to strengthen the SEOAL, but they will not go past 8 members if they would go beyond 6 full-members. The SEOAL definitely should not look to add any members added from the 2006 expansion (Chillicothe, Ironton, Portsmouth, and Zanesville) that broke most of them apart in the 1st place, and the 2006 expansion will hopefully serve as a lesson learned for the SEOAL.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

GoBucks1047 wrote:I think the SEOAL needs to push to get a 4th full-time member, which I feel will be Marietta, as soon as possible for the immediate picture just to show that everyone (Jackson, Logan, and Warren) is dedicated and is not looking to run away towards another conference. Then they should look at expanding to 6 members (teams I think will be looked at next to 6 teams will probably be Athens and the 2 Parkersburg school) to stabilize the conference. The SEOAL could also look at expanding past 6 members to 7-8 members (could give Point Pleasant a look and/or the school was left out of the previous expansion to 6 teams) to strengthen the SEOAL, but they will not go past 8 members if they would go beyond 6 full-members. The SEOAL definitely should not look to add any members added from the 2006 expansion (Chillicothe, Ironton, Portsmouth, and Zanesville) that broke most of them apart in the 1st place, and the 2006 expansion will hopefully serve as a lesson learned for the SEOAL.
It's over man. They've really tried all they can. Gallia Academy leaving was it, but Gallia Academy made the right move to avoid being the one's stuck with nowhere to go.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I don't see Athens coming back.Games either in the same county or neighboring county they got it made, plus winning in a lot of sports.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I agree, C-bolt. Athens dominates that weak league . But the league did it to themselves. They will have to take their medicine. Allowing Athens to stay is their reward. Marietta coming back is more probable than Athens coming back to their level of competition and getting whipped.

Scotty Hobart
Riding the Bench

Post by Scotty Hobart »

Paladin wrote:I agree, C-bolt. Athens dominates that weak league . But the league did it to themselves. They will have to take their medicine. Allowing Athens to stay is their reward. Marietta coming back is more probable than Athens coming back to their level of competition and getting whipped.
Paladin wrote:The SEOAL tried to accommodate the biggest , toughest schools in SEO that No ONE wanted to play. Why worry about Cow Pie Hi schools ? Being best isn't wrong, just being best . 8)
I see old PalaPuss is at it again. His problem is he wants so badly for Logan to be a state powerhouse but deep down he knows they never will be. They will never reach the heights that both Athens and Trimble have recently. For some reason he thinks that making fun of every other school in the area will make Logan look better. Funny thing is most everyone on here laughs at the poor guy for making his ludicrous posts. Logan continues to schedule the teams that PalaPuss makes fun of. Lucky for him Logan has the best team they have had in years and were able to squeak out a win against Meigs or he would have surely gone into hiding. I am just glad for his sake they were able to beat the Division 7 team they had on the schedule or he may have been on suicide watch.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

Good post SH. The guy is a complete D*BAG and makes himself look like a complete moron, which he continues to prove. By the way, 3 teams do not make a league, not even pool play. A DII should lose points for playing a DVII. What a joke, and to think, he is the voice of purple nation!! Play teams your own size and quit worrying about others you loser!!

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Paladin wrote:I agree, C-bolt. Athens dominates that weak league . But the league did it to themselves. They will have to take their medicine. Allowing Athens to stay is their reward. Marietta coming back is more probable than Athens coming back to their level of competition and getting whipped.
And now the arrogance of the SEOAL are going to have to take their medicine .
Just watch as it dries up and blows away.
I honostly feel sorry for the kids, BUT, I sure do enjoy watching the rest of them arrogant bass=turds
SQUIRM :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Trenchfoot wrote:Yep, I remember them good ole days with triple A, double A and single A.
I can remember just two divisions, A and AA, from the pre football playoff days. Given economic and population trends in Ohio, it may well be time
for the OHSAA to institute true district scheduling to qualify for playoff spots. I know conferences are considered to be sacrosanct in Ohio, but this format works well in most other states.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Omega wrote:
Trenchfoot wrote:Yep, I remember them good ole days with triple A, double A and single A.
I can remember just two divisions, A and AA, from the pre football playoff days. Given economic and population trends in Ohio, it may well be time
for the OHSAA to institute true district scheduling to qualify for playoff spots. I know conferences are considered to be sacrosanct in Ohio, but this format works well in most other states.
Logan would hate that. They would have to play Columbus schools since D2

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

I understand that Raider, but the Chiefs still have to go through Columbus to advance in the D2 playoffs and facing better competition might strengthen their program. District play is geared to the playoff success. Conference play caters to local success, which in itself is not a bad thing.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Logan would hate that. They would have to play Columbus schools since D2
CHEAP SHOT.. speaking of cheap shots if that would ever happen what in the world would athens do?? play the same schools jackson, chilli, VC, and sheridan 3-4 times a season??? they dont have the money to travel outside of athens county on a regular bases. isnt that the reason they left the SEOAL??? travel times and busing expenses??

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
Omega wrote:

Again; COLUMBUS DeSales 5-1 Ranked #9 in d3 in 2015
COLUMBUS DUBLIN Jerome in 2016.
Also potentially COLUMBUS Watterson in 2016.

Good try

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logan grad wrote:
Again; COLUMBUS DeSales 5-1 Ranked #9 in d3 in 2015
COLUMBUS DUBLIN Jerome in 2016.
Also potentially COLUMBUS Watterson in 2016.

Good try

Nobody cares about facts that don't fit their narrative.

You and I can continue to live in reality. Let the rest of the trolls live in a fantasy world.

Logan added two regional finalists and a state runner-up to their schedule. Anyone else able to say that?

Return to “Football”