South Point Football

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Re: South Point Football

Post by donaldtrump »

Every School should step up and do drug testing like South Point does..... As a matter of fact I'd go one step further a test the whole student body...Drugs are killing these kids...Catch it early maybe a life can be saved....Parents have to sign a consent form before their allowed to drug test kid....I don't know why a parent wouldn't but I'm sure there's some free spirit parents out there wearing beads and driving Psychedelic vans who wouldn't...SP principle has a great rule.. You don't take the test you don't play sports at SP!!!!!!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

There you have it. You beat me posting it, I couldnt figure out how to copy and paste from a screen shot.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Here's our yearly injury stats, from an oitsider who talks to the kids and coaches. One knee, one calf strain, one shoulder, one shoulder and back, 3 concussions, one broken arm, one shoulder and knee on same kid and a groin pull. Three of those are season ending. Two of those are the 1st and 2nd string qb's. Plus one kid out for weeks with mono.So with all the injuries and dumb decisions plus starting freshmen and sophomores it's no wonder we are struggling.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

osumufan wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:05 pm Here's our yearly injury stats, from an oitsider who talks to the kids and coaches. One knee, one calf strain, one shoulder, one shoulder and back, 3 concussions, one broken arm, one shoulder and knee on same kid and a groin pull. Three of those are season ending. Two of those are the 1st and 2nd string qb's. Plus one kid out for weeks with mono.So with all the injuries and dumb decisions plus starting freshmen and sophomores it's no wonder we are struggling.
cannot do much with that..ouch

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

donaldtrump wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:54 pm Every School should step up and do drug testing like South Point does..... As a matter of fact I'd go one step further a test the whole student body...Drugs are killing these kids...Catch it early maybe a life can be saved....Parents have to sign a consent form before their allowed to drug test kid....I don't know why a parent wouldn't but I'm sure there's some free spirit parents out there wearing beads and driving Psychedelic vans who wouldn't...SP principle has a great rule.. You don't take the test you don't play sports at SP!!!!!!
Are they just getting nailed for weed? Not that I condone teenagers smoking the reefer (or anything), but if it's only that then I'm led to believe the only deaths here are the contents of the snack cupboards.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:53 am
donaldtrump wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:54 pm Every School should step up and do drug testing like South Point does..... As a matter of fact I'd go one step further a test the whole student body...Drugs are killing these kids...Catch it early maybe a life can be saved....Parents have to sign a consent form before their allowed to drug test kid....I don't know why a parent wouldn't but I'm sure there's some free spirit parents out there wearing beads and driving Psychedelic vans who wouldn't...SP principle has a great rule.. You don't take the test you don't play sports at SP!!!!!!
Are they just getting nailed for weed? Not that I condone teenagers smoking the reefer (or anything), but if it's only that then I'm led to believe the only deaths here are the contents of the snack cupboards.
It is probably just weed. But with that being said its still not allowed and no one under 18 should indulge anyhow

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Agreed!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

golfis4me wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:43 pm "South Point has not and does not plan on canceling one single football game. We are banged up, some have made stupid decisions and we are young! Instead of spreading rumors let's get behind a very good coaching staff and 17 of the finest young men and help them out! I promise you if anything major happens with our football season Mr. Christian and I will be the ones to let you know. Oh and by the way....we have about 420 students at SPHS, about 200 are involved in fall sports including 40 seniors (band, cheerleading, boys and girls soccer, volleyball, cross Country, boys and girls golf) about 194 of them 39 being seniors are 100% drug free. Let's put those numbers against any other school in the county! Oh wait! We are the only ones who test all their athletes. Hats of to Chesapeake who adopted our policy and will start testing this winter. Spread that around SP! I'm proud to be a Pointer! I'm proud of my students! I'm proud of my teachers! I'm proud of my coaching staff! I'm proud of our administration! Proud of our community! We are not perfect but dang gone it we try very very hard! Go Blue!!!!!"

Post from the South Point Athletic Boosters FB page about 4 hours ago.

MY HATS OFF TO SOUTH POINT FOR DOING THIS. I THINK EVERY HIGH SCHOOL IN AMERICAN SHOULD ADOPT THIS POLICY. I SINCERELY DO.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

PREACH ON MR. PRESIDENT.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

to the poster that asked about weed. that is likely always the 1st step in the use of drugs. when that high ain't enough , then an opioid, then injections. if nipped in the bud, yeah I just realized what I said. but if stopped early. it may make kids realize they don't need that. be high on jesus, sports, hunting/fishing, education, family,hobbies -- etc.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:17 am to the poster that asked about weed. that is likely always the 1st step in the use of drugs. when that high ain't enough , then an opioid, then injections. if nipped in the bud, yeah I just realized what I said. but if stopped early. it may make kids realize they don't need that. be high on jesus, sports, hunting/fishing, education, family,hobbies -- etc.
Bait im gonna agree and disagree with ya here my friend. weed is not a gateway. However i agree that its better to live for family and hobbies then drugs any day i have smoked a few in my life but glad to say i do not anymore and have more money for my kids and fishing lol

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

What I have heard is they are having a hard time getting their kids back from concussion protocol. I think the staff is doing a great job and will continue to grow the program.

golfis4me
Riding the Bench

Post by golfis4me »

"I need to make a public apology. In my post I compared our drug testing to other schools in the county and OVC. I in no way intended to insinuate that the students of other schools are taking drugs or the school does not test them because they want to win games. Sometimes I open mouth and insert foot. My apologies to the students, coaches, parents, teachers, administrators in the county and OVC."

Follow up today from the South Point Athletic Booster Facebook page.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

golfis4me wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:39 pm "I need to make a public apology. In my post I compared our drug testing to other schools in the county and OVC. I in no way intended to insinuate that the students of other schools are taking drugs or the school does not test them because they want to win games. Sometimes I open mouth and insert foot. My apologies to the students, coaches, parents, teachers, administrators in the county and OVC."

Big man! But truth is and sadly every school does have atleast one player no way around it.... They just slip through the cracks

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:36 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:17 am to the poster that asked about weed. that is likely always the 1st step in the use of drugs. when that high ain't enough , then an opioid, then injections. if nipped in the bud, yeah I just realized what I said. but if stopped early. it may make kids realize they don't need that. be high on jesus, sports, hunting/fishing, education, family,hobbies -- etc.
Bait im gonna agree and disagree with ya here my friend. weed is not a gateway. However i agree that its better to live for family and hobbies then drugs any day i have smoked a few in my life but glad to say i do not anymore and have more money for my kids and fishing lol

I would have to agree to disagree, every one I know's that has/had a drug problem started with pot. but that's just folks I know.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:30 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:36 am

I would have to agree to disagree, every one I know's that has/had a drug problem started with pot. but that's just folks I know.
Well now we all know lol. Glad ya beat it

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

golfis4me wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:43 pm "South Point has not and does not plan on canceling one single football game. We are banged up, some have made stupid decisions and we are young! Instead of spreading rumors let's get behind a very good coaching staff and 17 of the finest young men and help them out! I promise you if anything major happens with our football season Mr. Christian and I will be the ones to let you know. Oh and by the way....we have about 420 students at SPHS, about 200 are involved in fall sports including 40 seniors (band, cheerleading, boys and girls soccer, volleyball, cross Country, boys and girls golf) about 194 of them 39 being seniors are 100% drug free. Let's put those numbers against any other school in the county! Oh wait! We are the only ones who test all their athletes. Hats of to Chesapeake who adopted our policy and will start testing this winter. Spread that around SP! I'm proud to be a Pointer! I'm proud of my students! I'm proud of my teachers! I'm proud of my coaching staff! I'm proud of our administration! Proud of our community! We are not perfect but dang gone it we try very very hard! Go Blue!!!!!"

Post from the South Point Athletic Boosters FB page about 4 hours ago.
Good post! Sometimes people's choices are not good but you do not discard them . Rally around the ones that need help . Find the source and deal with it This is not an isolated problem . There is usually signs that something is going on so turning a deaf ear does nothing . SP, all stand up and take charge and help these students . I will be rooting for you all and pray that you turn this unhappy time into something positive . Go South Point!! PS I think that a lot of schools are random testing these days.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:50 pm
golfis4me wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:39 pm "I need to make a public apology. In my post I compared our drug testing to other schools in the county and OVC. I in no way intended to insinuate that the students of other schools are taking drugs or the school does not test them because they want to win games. Sometimes I open mouth and insert foot. My apologies to the students, coaches, parents, teachers, administrators in the county and OVC."

Big man! But truth is and sadly every school does have atleast one player no way around it.... They just slip through the cracks
I'd say way more than one, that's just my opinion from having friends at different schools who have or has a teenager in school now or fairly recently

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

osumufan wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:31 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:50 pm

I'd say way more than one, that's just my opinion from having friends at different schools who have or has a teenager in school now or fairly recently
We was all young once

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

I know of no other school that has a drug test for their teams. For one thing what school can afford to test all it's kids. It would be interesting to know that SP has enough money to spend on drug testing instead of teaching. My question also is what kind of follow up is the school doing for the kids that test positive. Are they given a second test? I can see some law suits right now because you don't let someone play because they tested positive on cough syrup and they are held out until the second test came back. How many times do they test a yea?. I think that if someone took it to court that they did not want their kid to take the drug test they could not stop him from playing, in fact that was brought up in our league. You have to have a reason to make someone take a drug test and just to play sports is not good enough. It's call a search and you have to have a really solid reason to search someone. I would like to see all schools do it but that is not going to happen any time soon. I hope that my school SP can get their act together and get it all straighten out.

Return to “Football”