Waverly(20) @ (62)Wheelersburg

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: SOC2 WK7 Waverly (5-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-0)

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

piratepride86 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:12 pm No disrespect here Waverly always plays hard.
As for the games all being on Fridays how could they choose a site worth playing on.
i guess who ever is the highest seed with the most points they will host all their games.....
I know. It’s stupid. Where will Burg play a second round game? Well north of Chillicothe. May get lucky and play in Chilli. But as we have all seen before, southern teams have to travel longer distances after the first round. Our only hope for a playoff game being close is if West wins their first 2 rounds. Then we will get Ptown. But of course they could send us to Jackson or Waverly. I just have to keep reminding myself one thing, if it makes sense, the OHSAA won’t do it. Lol.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Wheelersburg wins 45-14. Jackson by far the best regular season opponent.

Have you seen Waverly play this year? Have you seen West?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:42 pm Wheelersburg wins 45-14. Jackson by far the best regular season opponent.

Have you seen Waverly play this year? Have you seen West?
I’ve not seen waverly play, so I give them a chance. I’ve seen west play. I give them no chance.

tiger2000
Waterboy

Post by tiger2000 »

It looks like the weathermen are saying a very slight chnace of rain under 10% I didn't know that was possible for a Waverly at Wheelersburg football games, seems like it always rains.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

tiger2000 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:29 pm It looks like the weathermen are saying a very slight chnace of rain under 10% I didn't know that was possible for a Waverly at Wheelersburg football games, seems like it always rains.
I know. I remember the mud bowl a few years back. That was wild. Lol.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Well another team with an impressive 5-1 record steps into play tonight. Don't see them competing at all. Wheelersburg too strong for anyone locally. Give them a first half varsity and let the clock and subs finish the job.

johndoe
Waterboy

Post by johndoe »

cant wait to see the burg go down tonight. #GOTIGERS

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Waverly is a solid team, but not within 4 TD's of where they were last season. They are just not the same team they were last year. They are very beaten up and tonight will not be a game. West is 2-3 TD's better than Waverly, and yes I have seen both.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Burg 51-7......yeah that's Waverly scoring against our JV team. Sorry Tigers, tonight is just not going to be your night.

IronTough2
Riding the Bench

Post by IronTough2 »

Good luck to both teams and safe travel for the fans! Hoping for an injury free hard fought battle. The Tigers sure have their plates full tonight! Over the years Ive seen strange things happen and many upsets. Thats why these boys suit up on Friday nights and the fire keeps on burning! I say Burg will come out on top though. A very put together team!

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

This game will not be nearly as close as last year's Waverly game. After graduation and with the injuries this year, Waverly will have to fight hard to keep away from a running clock. After watching the Waverly-Valley game, I just do not see it being close tonight. Burg 49-6.

GO BURG!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

johndoe wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:48 am cant wait to see the burg go down tonight. #GOTIGERS
I'm just hoping it's a game...

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Burg. 49
West2.0 00
Final!

toast
All State

Post by toast »

No shutout tonight. :) :)

Waverly 7
Wheelersburg 0

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

Did we really jump that many times or did the officials just make all those up?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

This one is more than over.....
Next?.....

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Burg really needs to get the penalties under control. They had six or seven false starts, in game 7 no less. Those shouldn't happen that often. We thought maybe Waverly was calling out signals or this crew was just flag happy. Also, I was wondering when Tanner would get the penalty for holding out his arms out like that on breakaways. He has done it all season and this crew was the first to flag him for it.

Other than the penalties it was just business as usual. Moving the ball at will and scoring in bunches. Defense looked solid except for a couple plays. Waverlys QB had a great arm and that long pass was right on the money. I think they will give West all they can handle.

Great win Pirates and good luck to the Tigers the rest of the season. It looks like we got a lot of wins tonight by fallen opponents so we should get a butt load of points.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Tough two days for Waverly in Wheelersburg. Lost SOC to Burg volleyball and girls soccer. Waverly Boys soccer lost to Burg and football team ultimately took a beating. There's always basketball I guess or wait till next year...

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I read a comment earlier in the thread that a win tonight ties the school record of 32 straight regular season wins. Can a burgite verify this

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:02 pm Burg really needs to get the penalties under control. They had six or seven false starts, in game 7 no less. Those shouldn't happen that often. We thought maybe Waverly was calling out signals or this crew was just flag happy. Also, I was wondering when Tanner would get the penalty for holding out his arms out like that on breakaways. He has done it all season and this crew was the first to flag him for it.

Other than the penalties it was just business as usual. Moving the ball at will and scoring in bunches. Defense looked solid except for a couple plays. Waverlys QB had a great arm and that long pass was right on the money. I think they will give West all they can handle.

Great win Pirates and good luck to the Tigers the rest of the season. It looks like we got a lot of wins tonight by fallen opponents so we should get a butt load of points.
Personally I think the refs were just flag happy

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to “Football”