Coal Grove(33) @ (20)Gallia Academy

Matt77
Varsity

Coal Grove(33) @ (20)Gallia Academy

Post by Matt77 »

Should be another good OVC matchup. Coal Grove comes off a good win against Portsmouth. Gallia comes off a heart breaking lost to their closest OVC rival Fairland. I got the grove in this one..

Interesting note: Coal Grove since making defensive switches has only allowed 3 touchdowns in the last 3 games.

svac83
SE

Re: Wk 7 Coal Grove (5-1) @ Gallia Academy (3-3)

Post by svac83 »

Another step of rebuilding the program. Bouncing back after a disappointing loss for the Blue Devils. I see coal grove as a much better fit for coal grove then fairland. Coal grove is very talented but also very disaplined in there offensive schemes. Coal grov the favorite item but the this will be another 4 quarter game for blue Devils. An effort similar to weeks 1 thru 5 will make it a close. A repeat of turnovers and penalties like last night will leave them no chance. Blue Devils 18-14 is my guess right now

mattash
Site Admin

Re: WK7 Coal Grove (5-1) @ Gallia Academy (3-3)

Post by mattash »

Great matchup. Taking Coal Grove by 3

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: OVC WK7 Coal Grove (5-1) @ Gallia Academy (3-3)

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Wow! The Blue Devils take one on the chin, and everyone stops talking.
Maybe there is nothing left to say?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Gallia coming back

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
abelsdaddio
Waterboy

Post by abelsdaddio »

I see Gallia Academy coming out on top in this one. If it weren’t for the two late turnovers they probably beat the Dragons last week. If they take care of the ball they can score on almost every drive.

Ohiosportsfan
Waterboy

Post by Ohiosportsfan »

Coal Grove just too much for the boys from the French City. Coal Grove by 3 scores.

jmc
Waterboy

Post by jmc »

The boys from the G will be ready it's there homecoming night don't sleep on them I'm taking gallia to come out and surprise people. Coal groves defense is strong and makes a lot of turnovers but there offense doesn't score much either so if gallia can move the ball on them without making turnovers they will come out on top. Offensively grove will just run the ball straight at you we will see if GA can handle that but I think they will have a good defensive game plan

Buckeyefan55
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyefan55 »

jmc wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:18 pm The boys from the G will be ready it's there homecoming night don't sleep on them I'm taking gallia to come out and surprise people. Coal groves defense is strong and makes a lot of turnovers but there offense doesn't score much either so if gallia can move the ball on them without making turnovers they will come out on top. Offensively grove will just run the ball straight at you we will see if GA can handle that but I think they will have a good defensive game plan

Coal Grove certainly has to come out ready to play. Gallia Acadamy isn't the same team they were in the early 2000s but have a solid team and will come out with a little extra pep for home coming.
Coal Groves Defense is winning games for them right now. I'm hoping the offense we seen the first couple weeks is back on the field come tomorrow night. If that's the case, look out, and if Gallia academy is only preparing to stop the run... They are gonna be in for a long night!
Im going with Grove in this one 36-15

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Trust me Gallia academy preparing for run and pass. Coal grove has a very effective passing game. Nice and solid. Blue Devils will have a defensive campaign to deal with both. The biggest question mark in my mind is how does coal grove deal with broken plays. If they are explosive and make a lot of big plays out of broken plays that is what really gives the Blue Devils fits. That is one of the things that really hurt them against fairland they blew up probably 10 hours lays or more. But after the play blown up and Gallia swamping the point of attack the big play is there if a runner can bounce it out.

Blue Devils have played the pass fairly effective all year.

On offense Blue Devils have to be able to run the ball. If they can run the ball this will be a great game. Blue Devils loosing by more then a score or so would be a big shock. I actually like them in this game by a few.

They need to avoid being team they were last week in second half. To many penalties to loose with the ball.

Buckeyefan55
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyefan55 »

svac83 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:43 pm Trust me Gallia academy preparing for run and pass. Coal grove has a very effective passing game. Nice and solid. Blue Devils will have a defensive campaign to deal with both. The biggest question mark in my mind is how does coal grove deal with broken plays. If they are explosive and make a lot of big plays out of broken plays that is what really gives the Blue Devils fits. That is one of the things that really hurt them against fairland they blew up probably 10 hours lays or more. But after the play blown up and Gallia swamping the point of attack the big play is there if a runner can bounce it out.

Blue Devils have played the pass fairly effective all year.

On offense Blue Devils have to be able to run the ball. If they can run the ball this will be a great game. Blue Devils loosing by more then a score or so would be a big shock. I actually like them in this game by a few.

They need to avoid being team they were last week in second half. To many penalties to loose with the ball.
I'm anxious for this game too. I think it will be a huge test for Coal Grove. Their defense is good everywhere really. They have a lot of speed at every position and a couple big lineman that usually need double so it leave the quick backers to make plays, and they have the most talented secondary I've seen at CG since the 90s teams.
I haven't seen anything from gallia academy expect what I seen at previews and I knew they were gonna be a good team this year. I feel like this game is going to set the tone for both teams for the rest of the year.

Ohiosportsfan
Waterboy

Post by Ohiosportsfan »

Gallia is a much improved team compared to the last few years. But I am still waiting to see them beat a legit team. Chesapeake is their best win and even they are just 3-3.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Ohiosportsfan wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:40 pm Gallia is a much improved team compared to the last few years. But I am still waiting to see them beat a legit team. Chesapeake is their best win and even they are just 3-3.
no offense but isn't that coal groves best win so far also? even though i think portsmouth a better team then chesapeake.

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

Should be a good one. I see Coal Grove coming out with a big win on the road 35-21. Go Big Grove!

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Grove sets up a 1980's showdown with the Dragons for all the marbles. CG 35 GA 20

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Why do people think CG is gonna suddenly put up 35 points? I look for a much lower overall score.

abelsdaddio
Waterboy

Post by abelsdaddio »

BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:43 pm Why do people think CG is gonna suddenly put up 35 points? I look for a much lower overall score.
Gallia wasn’t a very good tackling team last week vs the Dragons. I can see CG breaking 30 but I also see GA breaking 30 as well. I think GA has more on offense than CG and pulls out a 3-6 point win.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Blue devils suffered a big blow to offense and defense this week. Jacob campbell out for rest of season.
And blue devils did not tackle very well last week. that game and jackson game both were poor tackling technique games.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

I know what losing him has done for RV this year, I imagine it is just as big of a loss for GA.

Jacob is a GREAT kid and I wish him a speedy and full recovery.

Best of luck to the Devils tonight.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Coal Grove - 7

Gallia - 6

9:06 left in 1st

Return to “Football”