Rock Hill(7) @ (34)Ironton

coach knows
Waterboy

Re: OVC WK7 Rock Hill @ Ironton

Post by coach knows » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:02 pm

If Ironton looses this game it will be because they got out coached but it would not surprise me at all. Go hill time for a staff

KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Backup

Post by KY.BUCKEYE » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:31 pm

RH grad.,ironton fan since 86. Have relatives in the band and on the team( RH that is) soooo
RH 27
IR0N.26
G0 BuCKs

Jukeboxer
Waterboy

Post by Jukeboxer » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:39 pm

Can the Hill stop 44 all night? I'd think you'd see a heavy dose of 44 to wear D out.

Nice Kitty
Waterboy

Post by Nice Kitty » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:03 pm

Enjoy #44 while you got him. He's headed back home for his last two years.

REDMEN95
Bench

Post by REDMEN95 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:15 pm

Where would that be?

Nice Kitty
Waterboy

Post by Nice Kitty » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:16 pm

Wait and see

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOP HOF

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:15 am

inquiring minds wanna know kitty.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Cbbuckeye
Bench

Post by Cbbuckeye » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:43 am

Come on back 44, coach sure misses his thoroughbreds not being together.

Strong side
Bench

Post by Strong side » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:31 am

:shock: not really a big secret where he’s from.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOP HOF

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:47 pm

it is if you have no idea who it is you're talking about.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOP HOF

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:28 pm

I can't believe no more chatter than this. frankly hard to believe.
this should be an exciting game to watch.

Rosco
Waterboy

Post by Rosco » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:01 pm

Ironton is improving right now. Not the Tiger teams of old but judge these kids on their own merits and not the teams of the past. I personally would love to see this team in the T formation more and smack people with the bevy of backs at the staff’s disposal. The O line seems to be improving and gaining confidence. Fosson is playing very well and Wilson is showing signs of recovering from ACL surgery. This is the point last season where Carrico began to step up. Looking for him to make a splash on Friday.

I don’t believe RH can contain Tiger power game. I also don’t think RH’s pass attack keeps opponents up at night. Expect the Redmen to play hard for 4 qtrs but fall short in the Tank.

Tigers - 36
RH - 18

tiger59
Bench

Post by tiger59 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:07 pm

Tie 🤣

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
All State

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:53 am

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:28 pm
I can't believe no more chatter than this. frankly hard to believe.
this should be an exciting game to watch.
Bait buddy this is what happens when BOTH teams are not very good
Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOP HOF

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:00 am

you hain't right ole buddy. these are 2 proud programs trying to reload and rebuild for the future with plenty of kick still left in them, and their biggest games ahead of them. like this one Friday night at tanks memorial stadium in ironton. these games will go a long way towards league titles and possible playoff births. as long as they are learning by their loses and improving each week. I look for this to be an exciting game.and ironton had best not be looking ahead at what could possibly be a game towards the league crown as they journey next week to the land of grovers n hornet to take on a 5-1 hornet team , playing like their hair is on fire. with their only loss being to a powerful Portsmouth west team. ironton comes in to this game 3-3, and rock hill comes into this game 2-4. neither would like anything better than to drive a spike in the other's league titles or playoffs hopes.

Firebreather
Freshman Backup

Post by Firebreather » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:45 pm

Unread post by Rosco » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:01 pm

Ironton is improving right now. Not the Tiger teams of old but judge these kids on their own merits and not the teams of the past. I personally would love to see this team in the T formation more and smack people with the bevy of backs at the staff’s disposal. The O line seems to be improving and gaining confidence. Fosson is playing very well and Wilson is showing signs of recovering from ACL surgery. This is the point last season where Carrico began to step up. Looking for him to make a splash on Friday.

I don’t believe RH can contain Tiger power game. I also don’t think RH’s pass attack keeps opponents up at night. Expect the Redmen to play hard for 4 qtrs but fall short in the Tank.

Tigers - 36
RH - 18

Ironton is a power running team.

Game day
Varsity Backup

Post by Game day » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:07 pm

What are you guys smoking?

Ironton is improving because the teams they are playing are not the caliber of the teams they played earlier in the season. I have not seen an Ironton team better at the end of the year in the last 4 years.

Native Blood
Freshman Starter

Post by Native Blood » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:48 pm

I am really looking forward to this game, I think it will be one of the better ovc games this week. Now that everyone is healthy this game may be closer than most people think. Rh pretty much shut down Fairland in the second half with their only score coming from a defensive score by Cunnningham after they were unable to bring Adkins down and half the team managed to strip the ball. Good luck to both teams and GO REDMEN!!!
It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand! (Geronimo)

OVCfanatic
Bench

Post by OVCfanatic » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:18 am

Is the Hankins kid back for Rock Hill?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOP HOF

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:16 am

good luck tonight everybody.

TheFlyingDutchman
Bench

Post by TheFlyingDutchman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:47 pm

Agreed, not cool !!!

RHRedmenLive
Waterboy

Post by RHRedmenLive » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Best of luck to our Redmen tonight vs the Tigers!! Good vibes for both the Redmen and the Tigers to play to their best ability and injury free!!

Go Hill!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOP HOF

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:23 pm

I know this young'un just had recruiting visits to ohio state and Cincinnati. I saw the pictures on facebook. that's all way above my pay grade.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOP HOF

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:26 pm

I got a facebook post wishing the 2 teams luck. and it kinda took an ugly turn.and ironton's coach was called an idiot. this is a high school football game ya'll with young teenagers. I just wanna see a good clean game hardfought and well mannered and safe game. and one people don't say was decided by officials whichever way it turns out..

Tigeralum71
Waterboy

Post by Tigeralum71 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:54 pm

Dang, I remember going out to a Rock Hill game to see a friend start for the Redmen, and out comes Lutz, with his Flyers, opening up a can of whoopa$$.

farmer
All State

Post by farmer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:03 pm

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:26 pm
I got a facebook post wishing the 2 teams luck. and it kinda took an ugly turn.and ironton's coach was called an idiot. this is a high school football game ya'll with young teenagers. I just wanna see a good clean game hardfought and well mannered and safe game. and one people don't say was decided by officials whichever way it turns out..
Do you mean the official doing the game or school officials?
It is a game and to many people take all the fun out of it. Enjoy

Tjhtygeverve
Varsity Starter

Post by Tjhtygeverve » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:58 pm

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:00 am
you hain't right ole buddy. these are 2 proud programs trying to reload and rebuild for the future with plenty of kick still left in them, and their biggest games ahead of them. like this one Friday night at tanks memorial stadium in ironton. these games will go a long way towards league titles and possible playoff births. as long as they are learning by their loses and improving each week. I look for this to be an exciting game.and ironton had best not be looking ahead at what could possibly be a game towards the league crown as they journey next week to the land of grovers n hornet to take on a 5-1 hornet team , playing like their hair is on fire. with their only loss being to a powerful Portsmouth west team. ironton comes in to this game 3-3, and rock hill comes into this game 2-4. neither would like anything better than to drive a spike in the other's league titles or playoffs hopes.
As we well know my friend.... enjoy it while you can... because we know the "tik-tok-tik-Tok"of life happens. & you don't always have a 30+ year kick butt program. Ten - MAYBE 15 years is about all they'll get & that's approaching and the milk jugs have knocked 'Em silly, & they have no idea that's about up & no state champ hat yet. They have a chance this year with the way certain teams moved in & out of division 5. Perhaps toughest matchup will be Columbus academy. Then smooth sailing if the mac rep goes out.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOP HOF

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:06 pm

farmer wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:03 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:26 pm
Do you mean the official doing the game or school officials?
It is a game and to many people take all the fun out of it. Enjoy
TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION FARMER I HOPED WHOMEVER WON AND OR LOST THE GAME WAS SATISFIED WITH THE OFFICIATING OF THE GAME. AND I MEANT NOTHING ABOUT SCHOOL OFFICIALS, JUST TO BE COMPLETELY CRYSTAL CLEAR. SO MANY PEOPLE AFTER A LOSS SAY YOU CAN'T GO INTO THE TANK AND WIN A GAME. I HOPED IT WAS A WELL OFFICIATED GAME. NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS.

ELChapo
Freshman Backup

Post by ELChapo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:35 pm

Ironton won 34-7.

RiverRatRay
SEOP HOF

Post by RiverRatRay » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:44 am

Bait to answer your question about officials, there was one call that wasn't made and another that almost wasn't made. Two calls that everyone in the stadium saw but the officials. One was a procedure call on the Redmen that they called after a 10 second delay. Everyone including the Redmen knew they had committed that the refs almost didn't throw the flag on. If Rock Hill had went ahead and run the play I really believe they would not have made the call. The other was a blatant holding on Ironton. Coach Lutz was upset and rightfully so. I would have loved to have heard the ref explain his way out of that one. Either way the calls didn't affect the outcome of the game. Turnovers flat killed the Redmen. They couldn't generate any kind of offense at all. A lot of that had to do with the passing game not being there. Ironton had 8 guys in the box all night long and Rock Hill just couldn't run the ball. They finally did score after Coach Vass started inserting his second string. Basically this one was over before it started.

gametime
Varsity Starter

Post by gametime » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:42 am

Anyone watching wsaz last night they kept saying Mason Darby at QB he transferred Braden Friend is the new QB. With that being said RH was never in this game and I think the score could have been worse
You can't handle the truth

laser breath
Bench

Post by laser breath » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:46 am

I have no idea why anyone would think Rock Hill had a shot in this game. Since the previews, the only thing they have been able to do is stop the run. The lost to Oak Hill I s all I needed.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOP HOF

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:54 am

ELChapo wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:35 pm
Ironton won 34-7.
thank you chappy

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOP HOF

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:05 am

RiverRatRay wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:44 am
Bait to answer your question about officials, there was one call that wasn't made and another that almost wasn't made. Two calls that everyone in the stadium saw but the officials. One was a procedure call on the Redmen that they called after a 10 second delay. Everyone including the Redmen knew they had committed that the refs almost didn't throw the flag on. If Rock Hill had went ahead and run the play I really believe they would not have made the call. The other was a blatant holding on Ironton. Coach Lutz was upset and rightfully so. I would have loved to have heard the ref explain his way out of that one. Either way the calls didn't affect the outcome of the game. Turnovers flat killed the Redmen. They couldn't generate any kind of offense at all. A lot of that had to do with the passing game not being there. Ironton had 8 guys in the box all night long and Rock Hill just couldn't run the ball. They finally did score after Coach Vass started inserting his second string. Basically this one was over before it started.

thanks for the info rrr, as tiger fans we have heard that for 50 years about getting jobbed at the tank. I'm not an official, and I don't claim to be and I don't know any local officials who indiscreetly try to assist a team. even coaching youth football with the same officials on Saturday. I thought they were fair and called the game the best that it could be called, and as fairly as possible. ole pappy bait was an official for many years himself. and they get called everything but a milk cow. they have a tough gig. especially without the aid of replay. frankly I thought this game would be much closer than this. and therefore I was hoping it would not come down to a call that one side or the other felt the game hinged on. but with the margin of victory it is obvious that was not the case. I have nothing but respect for both teams. proud of my fighting tigers. as they are showing marked improvement, and playing for their playoff lives and league total lives as well. and dang proud of the redmen team as well. they may only have a couple wins at this point, but give hammer time there. my friends from rock hill tell me in pm's a lot that this team is conditioned much better, more focused and disciplined. so with that said, they'll build it there, just not overnight.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOP HOF

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:06 am

and turning the ball over repeatedly will definitely kill drives, of which you only get so many. especially high school games which are not as long.