Jackson(48) @ (28)Miami Trace

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: FAC WK7 Jackson @ Miami Trace

Post by Ironman92 »

dcgjones wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:32 pm any word on evans?
Tibia and fibula broken.

Prayers for full and speedy recovery

dcgjones
Freshman Team

Post by dcgjones »

thanks for update,,, yes prayers indeed

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Prayers for the kid.. I give you jackson guys a hard time. Its ment to be between wellston and jackson but hate seeing this crap!

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Best wishes to Reid Evans for a full and speedy recovery. Hope to see him back and better than ever next season.

With the injury to Evans, Jackson has now lost 3 defensive starters for the season to injury. Since Evans is also an offensive starter, that makes 4. I'm pretty sure at least 4 other key players sat out last night due to injury too, and they all play on both sides of the ball. That's basically half of the entire starting lineup. Jackson has certainly been bitten by the injury bug in recent years, but this season might be the worst one yet.

Definitely hope that all these guys can get healthy and ready to go for the stretch run. Hillsboro appears to be VERY good offensively, and their program is headed back in the right direction. Think they're #11 in D3 R11 right now, so they still have some playoff hopes alive. And, of course, Chillicothe is very talented and also looking for an FAC title and a playoff spot of their own. The next few weeks should be interesting.

By the way, pretty awesome effort by Blake McCoy last night when Jackson needed him most. Something like 18 carries for 242 yards and 2 TDs, and he eclipsed the 1,000 yard mark for the season as Ironman92 mentioned. Great player.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ironman02 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:26 am Best wishes to Reid Evans for a full and speedy recovery. Hope to see him back and better than ever next season.

With the injury to Evans, Jackson has now lost 3 defensive starters for the season to injury. Since Evans is also an offensive starter, that makes 4. I'm pretty sure at least 4 other key players sat out last night due to injury too, and they all play on both sides of the ball. That's basically half of the entire starting lineup. Jackson has certainly been bitten by the injury bug in recent years, but this season might be the worst one yet.

Definitely hope that all these guys can get healthy and ready to go for the stretch run. Hillsboro appears to be VERY good offensively, and their program is headed back in the right direction. Think they're #11 in D3 R11 right now, so they still have some playoff hopes alive. And, of course, Chillicothe is very talented and also looking for an FAC title and a playoff spot of their own. The next few weeks should be interesting.

By the way, pretty awesome effort by Blake McCoy last night when Jackson needed him most. Something like 18 carries for 242 yards and 2 TDs, and he eclipsed the 1,000 yard mark for the season as Ironman92 mentioned. Great player.
Agree 02. Jackson has been banged up the last few weeks . Jackson has had several starters missing snaps . 3 year starter at DT Steven Lyons was lost for the year after the gallipolis game. Matt Humphreys has been banged up for weeks now , he is heart of that Jackson defense at middle backer and a starting linemen . Caleb Storms has missed most of the last 2 games, stormy is a hard nosed nose guard and fullback. Blake priest a senior linemen has been out for 2 weeks . Kendal Neal a senior string safety and tight end has been out for 2 games . Reid Evans a 2 year starter at split end and corner suffered a season ending injuring last night on a touchdown pass. Numerous other Ironmen are playing with bumps and bruises.

Minus Evans and Lyons I think everyone else will be back as ready to roll against Hillsboro . They will be needed as Hillsboro is very physical and showcases a down hill running game that can be very hard to stop.

Kudos to the staff for getting the younger kids ready to step in and keep the season rolling . Maybe a couple closer games that Ironmen fans would like but when your down that many starters there is bound to be some drop off. The Big senior linemen have been super leaders all year and step up and lead when things get tough.

I would like to give a shout out to Miami Trace panthers. They are the best 1-6 team I've ever seen. They played hard and proud to the last whistle . Some good looking athletes . Two weeks into the FAC and so far I love it. Seems like everyone has athletes.

Prayers and thoughts go out to Reid Evans and his family. Hope for a full recovery and return for his senior season. When one Ironmen is hurting all of Ironmen nation is hurting.

Looking forward to a knockdown dragout next Friday. GO IRONMEN!

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Jackson(48) @ (28)Miami Trace

Post by mattash »

Jackson(48) @ (28)Miami Trace

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”