Post by mattash »

Jackson by 28,,, thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Re: FAC WK7 Jackson @ Miami Trace

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Jackson by 50 with JV playing majority of 2nd half. I look for jackson to pound the ball with Haller a lot and some with McCoy but let him get some rest and heal up for the trip to Hillsboro in the Backfield and also include Graham and Stormy in there a few times but also open it up and toss it down the field more this game able to see our passing game a little more this game and get a passing scheme being better prepared for Hillsboro and Chillicothe.. but jackson by at least 50. Go Ironmen!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:13 pm Jackson by 50 with JV playing majority of 2nd half. I look for jackson to pound the ball with Haller a lot and some with McCoy but let him get some rest and heal up for the trip to Hillsboro in the Backfield and also include Graham and Stormy in there a few times but also open it up and toss it down the field more this game able to see our passing game a little more this game and get a passing scheme being better prepared for Hillsboro and Chillicothe.. but jackson by at least 50. Go Ironmen!
This would've been an outstanding matchup for about two decades. Jackson wins the Jeff Conroy Bowl by a lot.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:22 pm
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:13 pm Jackson by 50 with JV playing majority of 2nd half. I look for jackson to pound the ball with Haller a lot and some with McCoy but let him get some rest and heal up for the trip to Hillsboro in the Backfield and also include Graham and Stormy in there a few times but also open it up and toss it down the field more this game able to see our passing game a little more this game and get a passing scheme being better prepared for Hillsboro and Chillicothe.. but jackson by at least 50. Go Ironmen!
This would've been an outstanding matchup for about two decades. Jackson wins the Jeff Conroy Bowl by a lot.
I agree completely! I hope Trace and get their program back to a competitive program and same with McClain. I hope they don't want out in 3 yrs because they can't compete with the other teams.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Jackson wins by 40. Im off im not allowed on jackson post :):)

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:37 pm
I agree completely! I hope Trace and get their program back to a competitive program and same with McClain. I hope they don't want out in 3 yrs because they can't compete with the other teams.
I don't think they will. Trace fits nicely in this league throughout most sports. They always have some nice athletes. Program has went downhill the last several years. They won't want to go anywhere.

Greenfield (call them McClain or hear the wrath of their older community members) hasn't had much success across the male sports for a while now....but I don't get any feeling they feel the need to go elsewhere. It's different there. Kids and community are proud and always play hard.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Jackson gets even for 75, 76, and 77.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:00 pm Jackson gets even for 75, 76, and 77.
I bet you are right....which is ironic that 75 Jackson team was led by Jeff Conroy, who went on to become the insanely successful MT coach.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

1974 Jackson 42 Miami Trace 6
1975 Miami Trace 38 Jackson 26
1976 Miami Trace 41 Jackson 6
1977 Miami Trace 62 Jackson 0

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:55 pm
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:37 pm

I don't think they will. Trace fits nicely in this league throughout most sports. They always have some nice athletes. Program has went downhill the last several years. They won't want to go anywhere.

Greenfield (call them McClain or hear the wrath of their older community members) hasn't had much success across the male sports for a while now....but I don't get any feeling they feel the need to go elsewhere. It's different there. Kids and community are proud and always play hard.
While not successful in football they have had a successful wrestling program and there track program on the boys side has sent someone to state the past 5-6 years and always is competing for a league title and has won quite a few. Those sports they have had alot of success in.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Jackson should win comfortably, MT going through a down period it sounds like.

6 Weeks of Jackson style football on offense and it looks like its taking a toll on some, especially those going both ways.

A couple nice plays got called back in Washington game. The screen and a questionable hold call and the pass to Speakman and the bogus offensive interference call were well executed and would have had big results.

I know it's one week at a time, but Week 8 and Week 10 look to be big games coming up on the horizon.

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

doubleplay643 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:23 am Jackson should win comfortably, MT going through a down period it sounds like.

6 Weeks of Jackson style football on offense and it looks like its taking a toll on some, especially those going both ways.

A couple nice plays got called back in Washington game. The screen and a questionable hold call and the pass to Speakman and the bogus offensive interference call were well executed and would have had big results.

I know it's one week at a time, but Week 8 and Week 10 look to be big games coming up on the horizon.
While there were alot of questionable calls on both sides in the washington Game. The Offensive pass interference was the right call . The DB did not know the ball was coming and right before he caught the ball he fully extended the right arm shoving the DB out of the play, it was the right call. He did not need the push off but he did do it was right in front of me.

Good looking offense for Jackson lots of weapons good luck the rest of the season!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Thanks wchreidman and best of luck to you as well, the Washington program looks to be on the right track. The QB that played, even though he wasn't your original starter as I understand, did well and my guess will continue to get better.

Just as question comparison wise to the old SCOL, did Jackson travel better, the same, or below what you used to see with Wilmington or CM or EC?

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

doubleplay643 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:44 am Thanks wchreidman and best of luck to you as well, the Washington program looks to be on the right track. The QB that played, even though he wasn't your original starter as I understand, did well and my guess will continue to get better.

Just as question comparison wise to the old SCOL, did Jackson travel better, the same, or below what you used to see with Wilmington or CM or EC?
Thanks we are on the right track to build a program the way you want it takes time and people don't realize that they want to see results quickly but I see them and kids are buying in so I think football program is headed in the right direction.

I think Jackson travelled same as Wilmington or Massie maybe a little better! Way better than East Clinton. Travel wise I don't think it is as bad as some have made it. Clinton massie was 45 minutes to an hour just depended on traffic in Wilmington.

Definitely helps since we are all in the southeast. I made the trip to Jackson Thursday night since my daughter plays soccer it wasn't bad at all and as a bonus I got Larossa's pizza. Next time Im in jackson during wresting season I will be making a trip to the ponderosa!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I agree with a lot of that. Blake McCoy is a dynamic athlete . He is a special player for Jackson . Fast , shifty, can jump. He's tough as nails like an Ironmen should be. I love him and have so much respect for him as a player and young man. However , please lighten the load this week. He will have to be 110% for Jackson to beat Chillicothe. Let the bangers run between the tackles and let Blake recover some. Haller , storms , Evans , graham, Landrum all
Should have 6-7 carries a piece . I would like to see graham more involved in the passing game and Evans involved in the running game . Just an idea . Either way GO IRONMEN!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I would like McCoy to get about 10 carries on non consecutive plays throughout the first half. I'd mix in Haller more earlier and agree with some more carries for Evans. Get Storms/Graham about 6-7 carries each.

Any main players banged up...let them get plenty of plays/quarters off.

Coach Hall and his experienced staff don't need my help though, just some message board armchair QB thoughts in good fun.

Go Ironmen!

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:52 pm

I agree with a lot of that. Blake McCoy is a dynamic athlete . He is a special player for Jackson . Fast , shifty, can jump. He's tough as nails like an Ironmen should be. I love him and have so much respect for him as a player and young man. However , please lighten the load this week. He will have to be 110% for Jackson to beat Chillicothe. Let the bangers run between the tackles and let Blake recover some. Haller , storms , Evans , graham, Landrum all
Should have 6-7 carries a piece . I would like to see graham more involved in the passing game and Evans involved in the running game . Just an idea . Either way GO IRONMEN!!
I agree, he's gotta be full go for Hillsboro and Chillicothe both. Two best teams remaining. I would put graham at wideout with Evans. Grahams tall and has decent speed and keep in the passing game mostly, but also put in the backfield when haller Medes a breather, Keep storms for your Dline because he's solid there at that's key for jackson. Haller is your bruiser but when he gets in the open field, he does have break away speed. I think he should be getting it more that 10x a game, plus need to keep him on the field because he's a good blocker. Landrum you could switch out with McCoy a good bit at tailback, good runner and good speed. Take some weight off McCoy util Chillicothe . Then if you do that, then offenses have to worry more about even more multiple weapons, than just Mccoy & Evans. be nice to see Turck and Daily more involved in the passing game as well, good receivers, just need more reps and time on the field. But go ironmen!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

wchreidman wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:32 am
doubleplay643 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:23 am Jackson should win comfortably, MT going through a down period it sounds like.

While there were alot of questionable calls on both sides in the washington Game. The Offensive pass interference was the right call . The DB did not know the ball was coming and right before he caught the ball he fully extended the right arm shoving the DB out of the play, it was the right call. He did not need the push off but he did do it was right in front of me.

Good looking offense for Jackson lots of weapons good luck the rest of the season!
Man not trying to argue but I have looked at that play 50 times on hudl and I just don't a pass interference. The DB was twisted and turned around and had no clue where the ball was. They did touch hands before he caught the ball but did not separate at all. Oh well.

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:11 pm
wchreidman wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:32 am

Man not trying to argue but I have looked at that play 50 times on hudl and I just don't a pass interference. The DB was twisted and turned around and had no clue where the ball was. They did touch hands before he caught the ball but did not separate at all. Oh well.
If you have hudl and watched it that tops me. From where I was standing i thought itl looked like he pushed off, the DB did not know the ball was coming I agree with that. Oh well I give you this one since you have it on hudl

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

I think this will be a game for at least the 1st half, Trace is struggling this year but this game is at home for them so Im sure they will have the panther pit filled up . I know Massie put 50 on them quickly but I dont think Jackson is on the same level as Massie.

If Trace slows downs Jackson ground game then it could be interesting.

Return to “Football”