Re: OVC WK7 Chesapeake @ Portsmouth

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Portsmoth by 14 but this could go either way IMO

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

The question isn't can Chesapeake beat Portsmouth, but will Chesapeake have the spirit to beat Portsmouth. I saw players at Coal Grove just walking out from the locker room after halftime. No emotion. I get to go to this game and I'm looking forward to seeing the Peake in action this week, but I also want to see them play with emotion.

Triplesbychoice
Waterboy

Post by Triplesbychoice »

Neither of these teams are having the season they envisioned! Whichever team WANTS to be there will win.
Portsmouth uses two players on offense and teams are keying on them. Opponents make adjustments at half and has put the clamps on them. Absolutely non-existent passing game for Portsmouth! Load the box on a one dimensional team and the result is a 2-4 season!

the Games will end for all of us one day. The question is what mark will you leave?
noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Portsmouth needs this win

Football fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Football fan »

With both teams sitting home on week 11 both coaches should play wide open don’t hold back

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Portsmouth too fast for the Panthers. PHS 35 Peake 14

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I would love to be more optimistic about the Trojans, but a 2-4 record has watered that down quite a bit. I just wish we could put together 4 good quarters of football. If that happens Friday night, a win is very possible.

GO TROJANS!!

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

What's Duncan or Cobb gonna call now with the Boehm kid out, you can't run to the right then move him to left tackle and run to the left anymore. I know let's let Kelly sit in the pocket and throw for 400 yards. Wishful thinking with this circus of a coaching crew.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Nut wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:46 pm What's Duncan or Cobb gonna call now with the Boehm kid out, you can't run to the right then move him to left tackle and run to the left anymore. I know let's let Kelly sit in the pocket and throw for 400 yards. Wishful thinking with this circus of a coaching crew.
Sometimes you just don't have the jimmys and the Joe's.

ptown needs this win

Football fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Football fan »

Even with boehm Portsmouth line was weak mediocre at best let face it Portsmouth was all hype they couldn’t compete even with a cupcake schedule

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

no excuses, we ned to get better,what will it take? Go Trojans

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

Football fan wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:28 pm Even with boehm Portsmouth line was weak mediocre at best let face it Portsmouth was all hype they couldn’t compete even with a cupcake schedule
Burgs coach, west coach, or east coach would have Portsmouth in the playoffs and that's a fact. If you would witness some of the play calling from the sidelines you would understand.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Have all the disgruntled Portsmouth Daddies posted or can we round up a few more. WOW!

Beergoggleblues
Waterboy

Post by Beergoggleblues »

After watching the scrimmage and jamboree I thought Portsmouth would easily run thru there schedule. I can't figure out this team. Good athletes and some big boys. I thought the only game we would lose would be ironton. I did tell everyone fairland will surprise folks. Now at 2-4 I'm speechless. The offense is a nightmare to watch. Stop running the same plays. Qb keeper. Going for it on 4th downs. When we throw the ball we do ok I think. Lots of injuries and the main lineman is out for a few weeks. That's going to hurt. I'm rooting for Portsmouth but nothing surprises me when the game ends this year.

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Cmon guys, there is only so much you can do. If you drop back and throw it 40 times with a weak line, you will not have your qb very long. There has to be a mix. Good luck to the Trojans.

Triplesbychoice
Waterboy

Post by Triplesbychoice »

Firebreather wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:39 pm Portsmouth too fast for the Panthers. PHS 35 Peake 14
You have The ability to see into the future young one! 34-14 but naturally if there’s a penalty and u move closer 1yd u should go for two and chase the points all game. Let the freshman kick and grow with makes & misses! Kick xpt at Gallia ur in OT!

the Games will end for all of us one day. The question is what mark will you leave?
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Chesapeake(14) @ (34)Portsmouth

Post by mattash »

Chesapeake(14) @ (34)Portsmouth

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Nut
Riding the Bench

Re: Chesapeake(14) @ (34)Portsmouth

Post by Nut »

Portsmouth has got to make some changes. Who is calling the plays?

Return to “Football”