Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Truth&fiction
Varsity

Re: WK7 Logan @ Minford

Post by Truth&fiction »

Will Logan find any offense ? Sounds like defense getting some what better ,but you have to have some offense . No easy trip to Minford but a winnable game.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think Minford wins a very close game 21-20

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I'll take Logan by 14

17-3

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Big school wins logan 24-14

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Come on Logan. We need those playoff points

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Big game for Athens and or NY.

Intresting.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I am going to guess bigger for Athens, dog! NY might reap more second level points but Athens needs the points more with their region and schedule.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If Minford can't establish some type of running game and tackle much better than they did vs West, it will be another long night.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Logan, save your gas1

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

There are no must-win games on Logan's schedule at this point but this would be an important win, if nothing else for morale.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Both teams seem to be searching.

I think both teams thought they would be better at this point.

Don't think either team can take anyone for granted. Should be interesting - where will Logan be from an emotion stand point? They put a lot into last week IMO.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Chiefs better win. This is becoming an exposure of a poor program otherwise.

Have gun, will travel
Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

I think they go 3-1 to conclude the season if they find some offense . If they do not find some offense they may go 1-3. But what do I know?

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

Minford needs to have a better game plan offensively. I understand the Kelly kid is a good athlete, but he has not played football since 8th grade. You cannot expect him to be a great passer in just one year. I'm not sure why the plan was to go empty all night against West. Kelly was basically thrown under the bus. Last year Minford started a kid who had never taken a snap before in his life, and this year they start a kid who hasn't played in a few years. In my opinion, they should have stuck the freshman out there and let him get the experience. He has a great arm. If Minford wants to have success in this spread offense, they need a quarterback who has the experience with it. Why not start the freshman and possibly get 3 good years out of him.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:14 pm If Minford can't establish some type of running game and tackle much better than they did vs West, it will be another long night.
Minford will play better and gets the win. I believe the offense gets going this week.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

falcon117 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:20 pm Minford needs to have a better game plan offensively. I understand the Kelly kid is a good athlete, but he has not played football since 8th grade. You cannot expect him to be a great passer in just one year. I'm not sure why the plan was to go empty all night against West. Kelly was basically thrown under the bus. Last year Minford started a kid who had never taken a snap before in his life, and this year they start a kid who hasn't played in a few years. In my opinion, they should have stuck the freshman out there and let him get the experience. He has a great arm. If Minford wants to have success in this spread offense, they need a quarterback who has the experience with it. Why not start the freshman and possibly get 3 good years out of him.
I agree with some of your points.

I have to wonder if Kelly went through summer conditioning with the team? Just a thought, as I truly dont know the answer to that. While Kelly is a tremendous athlete, there is no substitute for game situations and practice time.

With that being said, I personally think Kelly struggles throwing the ball because he throws everything in a shot put motion. I think he could be a VERY good RB. The Lewis kid looks like a very good receiver as a freshman, but one has to wonder how well he could do at QB. I saw him play a few games in 8th grade last year and it was really fun to watch. The one thing that might hurt him at QB this year is his height to see over the line, but the kid is definitely going to be a good QB in the future.

Again, Kelly is a tremendous athlete. The best QB? I dont think so. Much better suited for RB and could be a dandy. I also wonder why he doesnt play defense. With his size and athleticism, he would make an impact. Butcher, Oesch and many other of the better Minford QB's played both ways. Those mentioned players wanted to do whatever it took to win and were great competitors. Would love to see the same with Kelly unless that is not in the player contract? ;)

I agree with getting away from the empty backfield as well. Too easy to shut it down when the LB's only have to key on the QB to run.

Minford definitely has talent but I dont think this offense supports the types of kids they have on the field and defensively the kids are in the right position to make plays but they miss so many tackles.

I was very impressed with Casey Gaines vs West. The kid made numerous crunching hits and is a sure tackler. Get more kids to follow suit and the defense will shore itself up in no time. Easier said than done lol. Kid comes from good football stock.

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:40 am
falcon117 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:20 pm Minford needs to have a better game plan offensively. I understand the Kelly kid is a good athlete, but he has not played football since 8th grade. You cannot expect him to be a great passer in just one year. I'm not sure why the plan was to go empty all night against West. Kelly was basically thrown under the bus. Last year Minford started a kid who had never taken a snap before in his life, and this year they start a kid who hasn't played in a few years. In my opinion, they should have stuck the freshman out there and let him get the experience. He has a great arm. If Minford wants to have success in this spread offense, they need a quarterback who has the experience with it. Why not start the freshman and possibly get 3 good years out of him.
I agree with some of your points.

I have to wonder if Kelly went through summer conditioning with the team? Just a thought, as I truly dont know the answer to that. While Kelly is a tremendous athlete, there is no substitute for game situations and practice time.

With that being said, I personally think Kelly struggles throwing the ball because he throws everything in a shot put motion. I think he could be a VERY good RB. The Lewis kid looks like a very good receiver as a freshman, but one has to wonder how well he could do at QB. I saw him play a few games in 8th grade last year and it was really fun to watch. The one thing that might hurt him at QB this year is his height to see over the line, but the kid is definitely going to be a good QB in the future.

Again, Kelly is a tremendous athlete. The best QB? I dont think so. Much better suited for RB and could be a dandy. I also wonder why he doesnt play defense. With his size and athleticism, he would make an impact. Butcher, Oesch and many other of the better Minford QB's played both ways. Those mentioned players wanted to do whatever it took to win and were great competitors. Would love to see the same with Kelly unless that is not in the player contract? ;)

I agree with getting away from the empty backfield as well. Too easy to shut it down when the LB's only have to key on the QB to run.

Minford definitely has talent but I dont think this offense supports the types of kids they have on the field and defensively the kids are in the right position to make plays but they miss so many tackles.

I was very impressed with Casey Gaines vs West. The kid made numerous crunching hits and is a sure tackler. Get more kids to follow suit and the defense will shore itself up in no time. Easier said than done lol. Kid comes from good football stock.
He did go through summer workouts with the team. I heard from one of the players that Ruby wanted to see what it would be like with a running QB. I understand that, but do not drop him back to pass so much if your main purpose for him being there is to run.

I'm not sure why Kelly does not play defense....maybe not aggressive enough? I'm not sure. All I know is trying something new could not hurt the defense at all.

This is the first time in a few years Minford has not had an outstanding linebacker (Daniels, Shepherd, Justice, etc.) the defense is really struggling without that middle presence. Gaines is a solid backer but he is not on the level of the backers from the past.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

Logan 24-18

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Paladin wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:41 pm Chiefs better win. This is becoming an exposure of a poor program otherwise.
Its becoming just down right embarrassing.

AT THE RESERVATION

Return to “Football”