Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

will read up later thnx man your ok to be a nut

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Raider6309 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:33 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:26 pm wish i knew how to crunch numbers any 1 wanna take the time and pm me and try to explain
http://www.fantastic50.net
Fake News. He has Athens losing to NY

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:16 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:26 pm wish i knew how to crunch numbers any 1 wanna take the time and pm me and try to explain
Best part of his site is his predictions. He might have a school as a 10+ point favorite in the rest of their games and have them with a completely different predicted record than he actually predicts.

I do like it a lot, just that small things makes me laugh.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

You're gonna get hit with Thunder and Lightning week 10, then Air Maiden will light you up deep.......
It's okay though keep telling yourself your better.
It has to be tough losing to a tiny D6 school.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:57 pm

You're gonna get hit with Thunder and Lightning week 10, then Air Maiden will light you up deep.......
So your telling me its gonna storm from week 7 vs wellston to week 10?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:00 pm

It's been storming all year!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:01 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:00 pm

It's been storming all year!
I've not seen much is this just a local thing thats getting rained on?

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

If Tri-Valley wins the next couple weeks, I will do an analysis like this after week 9.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/musking ... tml#p12215

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

It's effectively a two-team region though seeding may have that matchup before week 12. Four of the teams (Marion Franklin, Independence, Bellefontaine, New Philly) with a crappy enough schedule to get a likely home game week 11 will be running clocked by either Hartley or DeSales.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 am It's effectively a two-team region though seeding may have that matchup before week 12. Four of the teams (Marion Franklin, Independence, Bellefontaine, New Philly) with a crappy enough schedule to get a likely home game week 11 will be running clocked by either Hartley or DeSales.
Well there is truth and wisdom in this one.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Dandy Don wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:14 am
sapientia et veritas wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 am It's effectively a two-team region though seeding may have that matchup before week 12. Four of the teams (Marion Franklin, Independence, Bellefontaine, New Philly) with a crappy enough schedule to get a likely home game week 11 will be running clocked by either Hartley or DeSales.
I agree no matter the seeding if hartley and desales make it. its they're region by a long shot

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Dandy Don wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:14 am
I agree no matter the seeding if hartley and desales make it. its they're region by a long shot

Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Post by Bring the Heat »

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to come up with that logic on Desales or Hartley.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

What a bold prediction, man you are way out there on the limb. Whew, you sure you want to gamble like that?

In comes DeSales and Bishop Hartley with a CBP adjustment of 70 kids and 97 kids into a "SE and Central Ohio" region and they are the favorites? No kidding Latin guy.

Athens, Independence, Marion Franklin, Granville, Jackson, etc. all with competitive balance numbers that are no way near 97. Granville at 5, Dover at 7, Independence at 8, Athens and Jackson at around 10. So yeah with those teams sitting with 1/10 of your (Bishop Hartley) CBP numbers for football alone I would say you got a pretty darn good chance at chewing up the competition in Region 11.

97 says a whole lot compared to 9. What is Latin for "stacked deck".

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:43 pm
What a bold prediction, man you are way out there on the limb. Whew, you sure you want to gamble like that?

In comes DeSales and Bishop Hartley with a CBP adjustment of 70 kids and 97 kids into a "SE and Central Ohio" region and they are the favorites? No kidding Latin guy.

Athens, Independence, Marion Franklin, Granville, Jackson, etc. all with competitive balance numbers that are no way near 97. Granville at 5, Dover at 7, Independence at 8, Athens and Jackson at around 10. So yeah with those teams sitting with 1/10 of your (Bishop Hartley) CBP numbers for football alone I would say you got a pretty darn good chance at chewing up the competition in Region 11.

Are you really an athens and or jackson guy. griping about having to play bigger schools :lol: :lol: :lol:

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:46 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:43 pm

Are you really an athens and or jackson guy. griping about having to play bigger schools :lol: :lol: :lol:
No I am a Burg guy, and we played Hartley in the Regional Finals 3 years ago.

Pointing out the CBP differences, which is something you apparently have a hard time understanding. Thought my post was pretty straightforward about that.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:53 pmNo I am a Burg guy, and we played Hartley in the Regional Finals 3 years ago.

Pointing out the CBP differences, which is something you apparently have a hard time understanding. Thought my post was pretty straightforward about that.
How did you guys do against that "stacked deck" three years ago? You played them evenly, and physically manhandled two of their all-state players out for the rest of their very shortened season. How did Coldwater do against the stacked deck from Canton that same year? They blew them out. You guys would have destroyed them, too.

97 only means that Hartley needs to get kids from a wider geographical area in order to operate the school. Same as Portsmouth ND or any Catholic school, but lucky enough to be located in a larger metro area full of failing public schools.

That area includes city schools Walnut Ridge (currently 6-0 in II-7), Marion Franklin (6-0 in III-11), Independence (5-0 in III-11) and suburban schools in Reynoldsburg, Gahanna, and Pickerington that are fielding pretty good teams. Hartley clearly isn't fielding any kind of east side all star team.

How did you guys do against Watterson who had a CBP of 72? Running clock.
How would you guys do against Bishop Ready who has a CBP of 50? Running clock.
How would you fare against D-II St Charles who has a CBP of 108 and a two-time state champion coach? Running clock even if you started the JV.

CBP means nothing. Stop making excuses for your team's losses. Your coach doesn't. He just tells the kids to work harder. And they have. Besides, your 25 is the second highest of any public school in your division, so you're stacking your own deck apparently.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

tough division and region.......past, present, and prolly always will be.........

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:56 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:53 pmNo I am a Burg guy, and we played Hartley in the Regional Finals 3 years ago.

How did you guys do against that "stacked deck" three years ago? You played them evenly, and physically manhandled two of their all-state players out for the rest of their very shortened season. How did Coldwater do against the stacked deck from Canton that same year? They blew them out. You guys would have destroyed them, too.

97 only means that Hartley needs to get kids from a wider geographical area in order to operate the school. Same as Portsmouth ND or any Catholic school, but lucky enough to be located in a larger metro area full of failing public schools.

That area includes city schools Walnut Ridge (currently 6-0 in II-7), Marion Franklin (6-0 in III-11), Independence (5-0 in III-11) and suburban schools in Reynoldsburg, Gahanna, and Pickerington that are fielding pretty good teams. Hartley clearly isn't fielding any kind of east side all star team.

How did you guys do against Watterson who had a CBP of 72? Running clock.
How would you guys do against Bishop Ready who has a CBP of 50? Running clock.
How would you fare against D-II St Charles who has a CBP of 108 and a two-time state champion coach? Running clock even if you started the JV.

CBP means nothing. Stop making excuses for your team's losses. Your coach doesn't. He just tells the kids to work harder. And they have. Besides, your 25 is the second highest of any public school in your division, so you're stacking your own deck apparently.
Missed the premise, almost completely actually. No one is making excuses, especially me, but if you don't think there is an equivalency between the CBP adjustment numbers and where Hartley is at or DeSales then you need to stop making excuses for being naive. Your call that this is a Hartley or DeSales region is an accomplished fact.

How about "fait accompli" Latin guy.

You have an enormous advantage, stop pretending that it is non-existent. It's embarrassing. I don't give a rat's azz, we will play whoever is put in front of us whenever they schedule it and ask no questions. That doesn't negate statistical advantages.

No intention of turning this into a public/private debate. I will hop back over to Region 19.

Return to “Football”