Div III Reg. 11

sapientia et veritas
Bench
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:23 am

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by sapientia et veritas » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:24 pm

AHM wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:19 am
They have tried to upgrade everything to compete in football. For whatever reason it has resulted in an embarassing disaster for them.
Oh, I don't know about that. There's a lot more cheering in the home side bleachers now. LOL.



Raider6309
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 5421
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Raider6309 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:55 pm

If DeSales losses to Edgewood friday they have no playoff hope

User avatar
doubleplay643
1st Team All Conference
Posts: 1672
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by doubleplay643 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:04 pm

Pretty fair post from sapientia above.

If DeSales were to lose to Edgewood they would have to beat Hartley and WW. Beating Winton Woods this year is going to be tough, but Winton Woods is capable of an off night, even if they did beat LasSalle. DeSales is on the bubble and everyone in Region 11 is wringing their hands with hope.

Raider6309
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 5421
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Raider6309 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:01 pm

doubleplay643 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:04 pm
Pretty fair post from sapientia above.

If DeSales were to lose to Edgewood they would have to beat Hartley and WW. Beating Winton Woods this year is going to be tough, but Winton Woods is capable of an off night, even if they did beat LasSalle. DeSales is on the bubble and everyone in Region 11 is wringing their hands with hope.
I have feeling WW will put a running clock on DeSales. That running back for WW is a man. I think only a sophomore. Edgewood is winnable for DeSales . Hartley will get a banged up DeSales team. Plus if Hartley wins that game, they are regional champs since no DeSales

User avatar
doubleplay643
1st Team All Conference
Posts: 1672
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by doubleplay643 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:32 pm

Raider6309 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:01 pm
doubleplay643 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:04 pm
Pretty fair post from sapientia above.

If DeSales were to lose to Edgewood they would have to beat Hartley and WW. Beating Winton Woods this year is going to be tough, but Winton Woods is capable of an off night, even if they did beat LasSalle. DeSales is on the bubble and everyone in Region 11 is wringing their hands with hope.
I have feeling WW will put a running clock on DeSales. That running back for WW is a man. I think only a sophomore. Edgewood is winnable for DeSales . Hartley will get a banged up DeSales team. Plus if Hartley wins that game, they are regional champs since no DeSales
I think you got this pretty much spot on, but lol if you read the Yappi posters from Winton Woods they worry every week about a mental breakdown and turnovers and penalties. I think DeSales is the type of team that will hang around WW if they get sloppy.

When Jackson played them last year they were having a great second half of the season, which obviously translated into this year. They are big, fast and strong. The Oates kid is the real deal and they are good across the board.

But if DeSales misses the bubble then Bishop Hartley would be the Region 11 favorite.

Raider6309
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 5421
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Raider6309 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:41 pm

I just hate Desales so I have a biased in picking against them

Raider6309
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 5421
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Raider6309 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:52 pm

Be hard to do a break down of this region now since a lot of toss up games left

User avatar
doubleplay643
1st Team All Conference
Posts: 1672
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by doubleplay643 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:56 pm

Raider6309 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:41 pm
I just hate Desales so I have a biased in picking against them
Lol, I am a little biased as well. Have been since 1996, then got over it for a while, then biased again in 2014 and sort of got over it in 2015 with a win over Watterson which wasn't DeSales but it still helped. Actually sapientia helped a little with his post above, it seemed pretty unbiased pointing out both sides. So as of right now I am in a good spot lol. However if Jackson gets in I reserve the right to be biased again if we draw Hartley or DeSales lol.

Played at Hartley's baseball complex this summer with my youngest son's team and their baseball field is adjacent to the football field. Nice facilities and football stadium. So if we get in we may as well draw them and go to their place and play the giant in Week 11, be a good experience and game for us even though we may be a big underdog.

Jackson has tough games in Week 8 and 10 in order to make it into the mix though. Need to win out including not having a let down this week against Trace.

User avatar
doubleplay643
1st Team All Conference
Posts: 1672
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by doubleplay643 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:59 pm

Raider, Is Athens' path in a Jackson loss and you guys winning out?

Raider6309
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 5421
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Raider6309 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:05 pm

doubleplay643 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:59 pm
Raider, Is Athens' path in a Jackson loss and you guys winning out?
Yeah, your 8-2 is in the 18's. Our. 8-2 is in the 16's. We do end with a 9-0 team. Athens has to go 9-1 or out

Poo Bear
1st Team All Conference
Posts: 1742
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:23 pm

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Poo Bear » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:22 pm

Raider6309 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:05 pm
doubleplay643 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:59 pm
Raider, Is Athens' path in a Jackson loss and you guys winning out?
Yeah, your 8-2 is in the 18's. Our. 8-2 is in the 16's. We do end with a 9-0 team. Athens has to go 9-1 or out
Jackson wins the region

Raider6309
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 5421
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Raider6309 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:31 pm

I could name 6 or 7 teams better than Jackson in this region. This region is deep

Poo Bear
1st Team All Conference
Posts: 1742
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:23 pm

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Poo Bear » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:32 pm

Raider6309 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:31 pm
I could name 6 or 7 teams better than Jackson in this region. This region is deep

You always lump Jackson and Athens together .
Jackson beats Athens by 21

Raider6309
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 5421
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Raider6309 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:40 pm

Jackson, Chillicothe, and Athens are all the same to me. All will get destroyed against the top teams in their region

Poo Bear
1st Team All Conference
Posts: 1742
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:23 pm

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Poo Bear » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:55 pm

Jackson or chilly beat Athens easily

Raider6309
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 5421
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Raider6309 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:08 pm

Poo Bear wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:55 pm
Jackson or chilly beat Athens easily
You aren't playing Athens week 11 so that is meaningless. Plus Chilli vs Jackson week 10 is a play in game. Loser is probably at home. You are actually ranked 10th in the region. So I actually ranked you higher than you actually are

Raider6309
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 5421
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Raider6309 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:30 pm

Athens Points
Warren 0-10 L1: 5.5 L2:0
Watkins 2-8 L1: 6 L2: 11
Alexander 1-9 L1: 4.5 L2: 3.5
Vinton 4-6 L1: 5 L2: 17
Logan 3-7 L1: 6 L2: 15 (that is win over Minford) with win over Ross add 6
Meigs 5-5 L1: 5 L2: 23.5
Wellson 5-5 L1:4.5 L2: 22
River Valley 3-7 L1: 4.5 L2: 12.5
Nelsonville York 9-1 L1: 4 L2: 40.5

L1: 45 L2: 144.5

My guess Athens 9-1 is 18.95 points average

I have a feeling the cut off will be around there. He has Athens 9-1 at 21 points.

Poo Bear
1st Team All Conference
Posts: 1742
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:23 pm

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Poo Bear » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:36 pm

Raider6309 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:30 pm
Athens Points
Warren 0-10 L1: 5.5 L2:0
Watkins 2-8 L1: 6 L2: 11
Alexander 1-9 L1: 4.5 L2: 3.5
Vinton 4-6 L1: 5 L2: 17
Logan 3-7 L1: 6 L2: 15 (that is win over Minford) with win over Ross add 6
Meigs 5-5 L1: 5 L2: 23.5
Wellson 5-5 L1:4.5 L2: 22
River Valley 3-7 L1: 4.5 L2: 12.5
Nelsonville York 9-1 L1: 4 L2: 40.5

L1: 45 L2: 144.5

My guess Athens 9-1 is 18.95 points average

I have a feeling the cut off will be around there. He has Athens 9-1 at 21 points.
Just getting your blood pressure up on a Wednesday

teach1coach2
JV Starter
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by teach1coach2 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:54 pm

I will be the biggest Hartley fan the week they play DeSales. Hoping for DeSales not to make the top 8 :)

Hartley or DeSales is certainly the best team as far as talent in the region. BUT, you only have to beat them once. Not best of 3, best of 5, or best of 7. We have all seen games where the talent level of the better team was not enough to overcome turnovers, penalties, etc. It's why they play the game.

Raider6309
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 5421
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Raider6309 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:20 pm

teach1coach2 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:54 pm
I will be the biggest Hartley fan the week they play DeSales. Hoping for DeSales not to make the top 8 :)

Hartley or DeSales is certainly the best team as far as talent in the region. BUT, you only have to beat them once. Not best of 3, best of 5, or best of 7. We have all seen games where the talent level of the better team was not enough to overcome turnovers, penalties, etc. It's why they play the game.
Yep like Zanesville a couple years ago

Raider6309
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 5421
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Raider6309 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:21 pm

Jackson points
1. Wellson 5-5 L1:4.5 L2: 22
2. Fairfield Union 4-6 L1: 5 L2: 20
3. Gallia 5-5 L1: 5 L2: 22.5
4. Western Brown 1-9 L1: 6 L2: 6
5. WCH 5-5 L1: 5 L2: 20
6. Miami Trace 1-9 L1: 5.5 L2: 5
7. Hillsboro 7-3 L1: 5.5 L2: 34.5 (Big Game)
8. Greenfield 0-10 L1: 5 L2:0
9. Chillicothe L1: 6 L2: 39 (Big Game)

L1: 47 L2: 169 9-1 Jackson 21.6 average
L1: 41 L2: 130 8-2 Jackson 17.1 average

Raider6309
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 5421
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Raider6309 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:24 pm

Western Brown has a week 10 game Drew has winning but I think its a lost. Also the big one is Wellston. They have Meigs and Vinton County. Those would be huge for Jackson if Wellston wins but Wellston always falls apart in league play

Ironmen#2588
Bench
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:40 pm

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Ironmen#2588 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:21 pm

From way it looks, Jackson wins out! They are in! With the next couple games, their will be some shake ups in this region with the remaining of the high profile games of the other teams, but if the ironmen win out they are in!

Raider6309
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 5421
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Raider6309 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:45 pm

Ironmen#2588 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:21 pm
From way it looks, Jackson wins out! They are in! With the next couple games, their will be some shake ups in this region with the remaining of the high profile games of the other teams, but if the ironmen win out they are in!
Yeah Jackson should be in if they beat Chillicothe

Raider6309
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 5421
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Raider6309 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:01 pm

Independence losing was big but was hoping Jonathan Alter would beat Bellefontaine. That didn't happen

Ironmen#2588
Bench
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:40 pm

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Ironmen#2588 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:06 am

Raider6309 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:01 pm
Independence losing was big but was hoping Jonathan Alter would beat Bellefontaine. That didn't happen
That was big for jackson. Still have a bunch of big games coming up for the this region:
Marion Flanklin/Independence
Marion Franklin/walnut ridge
Independence/walnut ridge
Granville/licking valley
DeSales/bishop Hartley
DeSales/Winston woods
Jackson/Hillsboro
Jackson/Chillicothe
New philly/steubenville
Tri valley/John Glenn

Huge playoff emplications for these games!!

teach1coach2
JV Starter
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by teach1coach2 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:53 pm

Independence is going to lose to Marion Franklin and Walnut Ridge. I think they will be OUT of the top 8 at the end.

Ironmen#2588
Bench
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:40 pm

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Ironmen#2588 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:40 am

Ironmen#2588 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:06 am
Raider6309 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:01 pm
Independence losing was big but was hoping Jonathan Alter would beat Bellefontaine. That didn't happen
That was big for jackson. Still have a bunch of big games coming up for the this region:
Marion Flanklin/Independence
Marion Franklin/walnut ridge
Independence/walnut ridge
Granville/licking valley
DeSales/bishop Hartley
DeSales/Winston woods
Jackson/Hillsboro
Jackson/Chillicothe
New philly/steubenville
Tri valley/John Glenn

Huge playoff emplications for these games!!
Winners for these games:
Marion Franklin
Marion Franklin
Walnut Ridge
Granville
Bishop Hartley
Winton Woods
Jackson
Jackson
Steubenville
Tri-Valley

Which will land jackson in a nice 4-6 seed in the region. Athens could even squeak in playoffs if they win out with the huge win over Nelsonville York.

User avatar
93Bulldog
SEOP HOF
Posts: 11311
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:01 am
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by 93Bulldog » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:43 pm

HUGE WEEK

#1 Marion Franklin (7-0)
#9 Independence (6-1)

#2 Bellfontain (6-1)
at Shawnee (4-3) ..... not a gimme

#3 Hartley (6-1)
#8 DeSales (5-2)

#4 New Philadelphia (7-0)
Steubenville (7-0)

#6 Tri Valley (6-1)
John Glenn (6-1)

#7 Jackson (6-1)
#11 Hillsboro (5-2)

User avatar
Abe Froman
Varsity Backup
Posts: 880
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Abe Froman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:58 am

If sapentia is scrolling through this week how about giving us some insight on the Hartley/DeSales game. Didn't see much talk of it on Yappi. What's the word?

sapientia et veritas
Bench
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:23 am

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by sapientia et veritas » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:44 pm

Here's the official write-up from the professionals:

http://www.thisweeknews.com/sports/2017 ... ns-matchup

Doesn't say much, LOL.

I think the closeness is probably over-stated. If the two teams play head to head mistake free ball with no big plays, I think DeSales wins by 7-10. Just too much size and talent all around. DeSales lost on total arrogance and a trick play in 2014 and learned their lesson from it. The Hawks don't have anything new that the Stallions haven't seen before. It's the same run it at you non-stop and dare you to stop us offense they've been running for a decade. Sure, it works, but it isn't unstoppable. The two out of state DeSales losses were flukes, and they're a better team now with the four-star kid from Olentangy. That Hawks are a much improved team compared to the week 1 loss against Toledo Central Catholic. The line is executing exceptionally well, and we're getting great production from a whole stable of running backs. Whatever we lost in on field leadership with Ruby, we've gained in two quarterbacks with good fundamental mechanics who can throw across the body on the run with strength and accuracy in that annoying play action rollout we call about five times per game. Barring the usual stupidity (drive killing penalties, turnovers, blown coverage) and injuries that makes both teams lose more often than they ought but not as often as SEO would like, it should be a good game with the Stallions just outlasting little bro once they overcome their irritation with the scrappy east siders playing like they're equals.

Raider6309
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 5421
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by Raider6309 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:04 pm

Go Hartley

ironman02
All State
Posts: 2930
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:09 pm
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by ironman02 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:32 pm

Tri Valley 20 - John Glenn 13

Hartley 23 - DeSales 21

Both finals.

ironman02
All State
Posts: 2930
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:09 pm
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by ironman02 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:10 pm

Independence 28 - Marion Franklin 20

Final. Pretty big upset.

teach1coach2
JV Starter
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Div III Reg. 11

Post by teach1coach2 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:23 pm

Unless DeSales beats Winton Woods (which would be an upset), I think they are not making top 8 in Region 11.

Post Reply