Game Report Miller 47 Crestline 13

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Game Report Miller 47 Crestline 13

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Using the roster from maxpreps.com

Last night I ventured from Bellaire to Corning to take in the Crestline at Miller game not knowing what to expect, mostly because I had no knowledge of Crestline other than their record going into this one(3-2).
The stadium is very, very old school, with little seating. For some reason this works for the very passionate Falcons fans and for me I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The only down fall was the white off colored scoreboard, that you could not see until the sun went down.

This one was a six all tie at one time, then the Falcons soared to forty one straight points. Leading the way was their talented quarterback
Colby Bartley 5-10 / 165, who unofficially went 9-12, with 3 touchdown passes. He basically had all day to throw the ball, thanks to his aggressive offensive line and then his receivers always seem to be wide-opened making things so easy.

I was not able to see the scoreboard until the third quarter, so there are no times listed with the plays, I am using for this report.
In the first quarter Barley found #6 Blayton Cox 5-6 / 155 for a long gain to set up a very good game, for the Falcons offense.
Miller came within an eyelash of talking the early lead, but a fumble by #34 Seattle Compston 6-2 / 230 was recovered by the Bulldogs #30 Dakota Wireman 5-6 / 167.

Later in the quarter after making a nice catch and long run #6 Davon Triplett 6-6 / 215 coughed up the ball and making the recovery for the Falcons was Compston. This was a makeup of his earlier turnover and the start of another very good game for this young man.
Bartley would find #3 Alec Eveland 6-0 / 165, for a 28-yard touchdown to make this a 6-0 game.

On the ensuing kickoff Triplett would show a flash of everything he is on the football field, after he fielded the ball and as smooth as a Kobe Bryant game winning three he swiftly eased his way about sixty-yards for a game tying score. He seemed to glide on air as he outran the entire Falcons kickoff coverage team. The point extra was missed and this one was locked up, with a little over 7:00 left.

Miller would score on the ensuing kickoff, but not in the traditional way. Eveland fielded the ball and then took it close to the 5-yard-line and the ball skidded into the end zone, where #10 Zach Waldrop 5-11 / 180 pounced on it like a wild cat taking down a gazelle out in the African wild and making this a13-6 Miller lead. #52 Lucas Dishon calmly hit the point after to make the score, Miller 13 Crestline 6, with 7:24 left. The P.A. announcer did call out the time left on the clock at times.

Later in the opening quarter the Bulldogs were forced to punt and things did not go well for them. The snap was over #30 Dakota Wireman head and rolled 20-yards behind him, where he did all he could by falling on the ball. Things were just starting to get bad for the Bulldogs. We at time had no clue to just how bad.

Compston would take the handoff from his quarterback and pick up 9-yards. He carried the pile about five-yard on the run as he showed a lot of lower body strength and true American grit, much like John Wayne did back in the good old days.
The drive ended with a little under 4:00 minutes left in the quarter, when Bartley plowed in from a yard out to make this a 19-6 game. The point after kick was good again and this was a20-6 game.

The last big play of the opening quarter came after #20 Moore Caleb 5-11 / 185 made a long run after a nice catch, but he fumbled the ball and making the recovery for the Falcons was #10 Zach Waldrop 5-11 / 180.

The first quarter was long and very one-side but it gave me a chance to see how passionate the Miller fans were and it was everyone sitting around me, who was getting into this one, and it was good to hear not one fan speaking anything negative about their team or their coaching staff.

In the 2nd quarter Waldrop would pick up 18-yards, taking the ball down to the Bulldogs 20-yard-line.
The run was a combination of fine line play by the Falcons and some swift running from Waldrop. The line and the ball carriers seem to be in sync as well as any I have seen this season.

The drive ended a short time later, when Bartley found #7 Levi Vanbibber 5-11 / 167 for the short score.The point after kick was missed again and this one stayed a 26-6 game.

At this point it seemed that the Bulldogs were going through the motions and this came back to bite them in the rear end,when a muff handoff was recovered by the Falcons Vanbibber. The Falcons defense swarm to the ball carriers like a pack of hyenas attacking left overs from a leftover lion kill.

Miller would light up the scoreboard again , when THE LICKING COUNTY FAN PLAYER OF THE GAME #8 Colby Bartley connected with Waldrop on a 22-yard pass. The point after kick made this a 33-6 contest.

Miller would get two sacks before the quarter ended on Bulldogs quarterback, #3 Ty Clark 6-2 / 180. Clark is listed as a tight end on the roster, that does not have any quarterbacks listed. Making the first of the two sacks were the combo of #54 Jake McCune 5-10 / 225 and Zach Waldrop. The 2nd sack came from Waldrop and Compston. If Compston was playing for a bigger name, school, I think everyone who follows the high school name would know his name and how well he plays the game.

With the sun down and the scoreboard lit up, where everyone in the stands could see it the third quarter started up and it did not take long for the Falcons offense to fly high again. Bartley connected with #7 Levi Vanbibber 5-11 / 167 for a 52-yard score. The point after kick was good and this a 40-6 game, with 9:44 left in the third.

With 6:27 left in the third quarter Crestline got a completed pass, that look like it was going to go for a big gain, but Vanbibber took the ball away from the receiver and raced about 50-yards for another Miller score. The point after kick made this a 47-6 game, with 6:27 left in the third.

The Falcons defense recorded another sack, when #54 Jake McCune 5-10 / 225 and #57 Nic Rine 6-0 / 165 put Clark deep into the grass and forced a Bulldog punt.

Clark was under a heavy pass rush and threw the ball up in the air like a soft pop up to the shortstop and making the interception for the Falcons was, #2 Rusty Greenich 5-7 / 150, with 9:33 left in the game.

With 6:01 left in the game the Bulldogs were able to get on the scoreboard, when #30 Dakota Wireman 5-6 / 167 went six-yards for the score. The point after kick from #64 Dillon Foltz 6-1 wrapped up the scoring in this one, making the final score 47-13 Miller.

One final nice run for the Falcons was made by #33 Devon Crabtree 6-0 / 185, who found his way to a 33-yard run.

VERY UNOFFICIAL STATS

CRESTLINE
42 PLAYS
133 YARDS
PASSING 10-21 1 INT

MILLER
47 PLAYS
375 YARDS
PASSING 9-12 3 TD'S
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Game Report Miller 47 Crestline 13

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Wanted to say love the free parking and 5 dollar ticket.

I have found that this is the same case at games, at the Collinwood Athletics Complex in Cleveland.

Proud_Falcon95
Freshman Team

Post by Proud_Falcon95 »

Thanks for the write up Licking County Fan! It's our little slice of Football Heaven on Friday (and sometimes Saturday) nights!
Btw the Kicker #52 is Lucas Dishon.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Proud_Falcon95 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:54 pm Thanks for the write up Licking County Fan! It's our little slice of Football Heaven on Friday (and sometimes Saturday) nights!
Btw the Kicker #52 is Lucas Dishon.
Thanks.
I will go back and insert his name.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

409 looks and a lot of good feedback on the pics.

Thank all of you.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Hey LCF, love your write ups and the quality pics you take. Is it possible, however that before kickoff of the games you go to that you take more pics of the stadiums you visit? I’ve never been to Miller and would have liked to see how the stadium as a whole is. I love your work otherwise,keep it up

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

The Flash wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:27 am Hey LCF, love your write ups and the quality pics you take. Is it possible, however that before kickoff of the games you go to that you take more pics of the stadiums you visit? I’ve never been to Miller and would have liked to see how the stadium as a whole is. I love your work otherwise,keep it up
I can do that.
I try and get there 45 min to an hour early,but sometimes traffic changes that and then like with this game, I was coming from an earlier game and did not have as much time.

Return to “Football”